Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. CopperCam
    Started by CopperCam,

    Hello guys, I'm Cameron and looking forward to reading/asking questions. Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 87 views
  2. simonwinrow
    Started by simonwinrow * ,

    Hi all my names Simon & i'm 25 I am about to begin my training for the GMP Specials in January and I must say I cannot wait! I look forward to speaking to you all and getting to know everyone. Please let me know if anyone else will be starting in January it would be great to get to know you more. Simon

    • 7 replies
    • 128 views
  3. Kaizer1978
    Started by Kaizer1978 * ,

    Hi I'm trying to find the right answers but can't seem to find anything online. I have 14 years in the job. 13.5 of these years were in the 1987 pension, the last 6+ have been in the new 2015 scheme. I'm now 37. I'm suffering from PTSD from incidents at work and have been on restricted duties for 9 months now with no end in sight. Im now considering exploring the ill health pension route as being at work is not helping with the PTSD. Does anyone know how the pension is now calculated ? Does my last 13.5 years on the good scheme count for anything or do I revert simply to the 2015 scheme ??? Anyone had any recent ( post April 2015 ) experience on ill health pension…

    • 3 replies
    • 98 views
  4. riggers1545926301
    Started by riggers1545926301 * ,

    Serving MET officer, 6 years to go

    • 1 reply
    • 36 views
  5. Kajsavh
    Started by Kajsavh * ,

    Hi, I'm a translator, specialised in film and TV subtitling, mostly translating Swedish content into English. My colleagues and I work on projects such as the crime series The Bridge, Beck and Arne Dahl. We often stumble over expressions used in Swedish policing - how to best represent them in English. Consequently, I have joined this forum in the hope that I will be able to get some help from the professionals. Best regards, Kajsa von Hofsten

  6. Nigel P Ball
    Started by Nigel P Ball * ,

    Hello. My name is Nigel Ball, I'm an author and screenwriter from warrington, Cheshire. Me and my writing partner are working on varied Film / Book projects which involve certain units within the police, so I thought I would go to where people know their stuff when it comes to true and precises procedures within the police, because at the moment, we really don't know our constables from our commissioners, so to speak. Thank you.........

    • 1 reply
    • 57 views
  7. DaveGMP
    Started by DaveGMP,

    Hi Guys Stumbled across this forum after searching for information to help me in my application to be a Special in GMP and have found some of the posts very helpful so decided to sign up attended the open evening and just submitted my application so fingers crossed

    • 7 replies
    • 134 views
  8. mrc
    Started by mrc * ,

    what information can anpr access also can it pick up an disqualified driver who is named driver on a insurance but vehicle is registered to a clean licenced main policy holder moted and taxed properly

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 143 views
  9. aj653
    Started by aj653 * ,

    Hello, Iv'e recently been offered appointment as a Special with North Wales Police.

    • 3 replies
    • 65 views
  10. HCseC
    Started by HCseC * ,

    Hello, I'm TheComet! You may call me Comet. I came across this site while googling around after just doing my application to join the Metropolitan Special Constabulary. I browsed around the forum for a bit before making an account and saw and read some very interesting topics and gained a lot of information for my possible future leading into the Specials! I hope to get to learn a lot more from this site and interact with other members on here soon. Thank you kindly and great regards, TheComet

    • 2 replies
    • 89 views
  11. WB1628
    Started by WB1628,

    Hi, My name is Nick and I am currently going through the application process to become a Special.

    • 2 replies
    • 65 views
  12. pedalpower
    Started by pedalpower * ,

    I found this site/forum by accident. It is interesting and not everything that I have read I agree with. Then what would I know? I have never worked in law enforcement or faced violent criminals face to face or know anything about policing apart from doing jury service. That was an eye opener for both the defendant, prosecution and police. Well hope to learn more on here

    • 1 reply
    • 57 views
  13. gemsaints
    Started by gemsaints * ,

    New to the forum and just received start date for Met, Feb 16.

  14. GOTk3
    Started by GOTk3 * ,

    Hey all! I received my conditional offer for the role of a FCRL Communications Officer in November. I am just waiting for Security vetting to clear *fingers crossed* that happens soon. Training in January!!!! =)

  15. bilhound1546621354
    Started by bilhound1546621354 * ,

    Hi all, I'm currently an SC - looking to join the regs in the future. Thanks for having me!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.