Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. NDDN77
    Started by NDDN77 * ,

    Hello I'm David, I'm not with the police, but do have a question which I hope somebody can answer. I will post in the relevant section once my account restrictions are lifted. Thanks, David.

    • 3 replies
    • 153 views
  2. scotsquad
    Started by scotsquad * ,

    Hi I'm looking for some advice to my recent application for my local force?

    • 1 reply
    • 56 views
  3. Cms27
    Started by Cms27 * ,

    Hi, I'm new to this this forum. The reason I have joined is that I'm currently going through the recruitment process to become a special within Sussex. I would like to gain some more knowledge off people with recruitment experience and candidates who are currently going or been through the process.

    • 6 replies
    • 96 views
  4. johngfleming
    Started by johngfleming * ,

    Guys, I'm considering taking Sgt promotion to Avon and Somerset coming from PSNI. I hold many specialisms but I'm apprehensive about leaving behind what I know for the grass to be not so greener when I arrive. Anyone fancy giving me the "real" state of affairs. I'm used to a fair amount of overtime where I am. Avg £2700pm

    • 3 replies
    • 61 views
  5. SDav
    Started by SDav * ,

    Just introducing myself, my name is Steve. I have a few queries to put to the appropriate categories. Hi to the forum.

    • 5 replies
    • 90 views
  6. Christi1978
    Started by Christi1978 * ,

    Hi all, new on the forum and wanted to introduce myself. Curt want to start with BTP

    • 3 replies
    • 90 views
  7. No Duff
    Started by No Duff,

    Hello - Response PC with Hampshire

    • 1 reply
    • 34 views
  8. jnape25
    Started by jnape25 * ,

    Hello people, I am new here (obviously) and just wanted to say hi :)

    • 1 reply
    • 37 views
  9. fast_snail
    Started by fast_snail * ,

    Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Meg. I'm interested in joining the police and have applied for the special constabulary with the Greater Manchester Police.

    • 2 replies
    • 49 views
  10. Funhouse
    Started by Funhouse * ,

    I'm currently towards the end of my recruitment process. Had my medical and fitness. All went well and just waiting to hear back for start date. They've said it won't be until at least August. Interested to hear from anyone else who is in the same position with Avin and Somerset! Ta

  11. CambsHopeful
    Started by CambsHopeful * ,

    Hello, New Cambridgeshire applicant hoping to join in with this forum.

    • 3 replies
    • 176 views
  12. Caerleon
    Started by Caerleon,

    I have been with the Met since 2005. I joined as a Special Constable and had been until i moved into the regs in March 2015, now a PC on less than half my previous pay, daily people ask why, well not being in debt is a plus and i wanted a career, my previous attempt ended when i was seriously hurt in an accident. Now in the late stages of working life, im planning for my retirement if the damn government stops stuffing up the pensions!

    • 1 reply
    • 75 views
  13. marsh.e9619
    Started by marsh.e9619 * ,

    Hi, Ive joined this forum to gain some knowledge about the role of a special. Thanks for the add. Cheers, Ed

    • 1 reply
    • 68 views
  14. nat1406
    Started by nat1406,

    Hi, I'm Natalie and I'm in final stages of recruitment for Police Scotland.

    • 3 replies
    • 139 views
  15. Toms1901
    Started by Toms1901 * ,

    Hi everyone, I have almost finished my recruitment process to join Sussex police, I'm just waiting for my medical (next week) and I start on March 2nd if all goes well! I've been reading the forum throughout the process and now it's time for me to join in and help some others! Thanks, Tom

    • 1 reply
    • 47 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.