Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Midlands Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is restricted to members of West Midlands Police. The moderator for this area and for all password enquiries should be sent to @Candles

  1. fence
    Started by fence,

    Thanks to any WMP PC's based in Coventry, pretty much saved my bum from getting attacked in Kilburn (London) tonight! I love your force woop woop for mutual aid!

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. thomas21
    Started by thomas21,

    Hi everyone, I've been wondering about this for a while now and I think I have come up with a solution in my own mind. However, I am looking for a form of definitive answer from some of the regular bobbies on here. Basically, with the current situation of fewer officers on the street etc. and a drive for alternative methods of disposal, to keep more officers out and about etc. I can see myself having to deal with someone by way of a summons. This wasn't covered in training and I haven't had to deal with anything in this way before. So, basically, if I have to issue a summons to someone, what would the procedure be? My own thoughts are as follows: -witness offence -o…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
    TangoBravoVimto
  3. ken73
    Started by ken73 * ,

    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to work out what MiPo stands for, but I haven't been able to find anything on the Web-site nor on the wider internet. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Ken

    • 7 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. poppy08
    Started by poppy08,

    Hi.. I've recently become interested in becoming a Special - I would love to be a PC, but at this time cannot commit full time. But...can anyone help and know when WMP are next going to recruit? I don't want to spend too much time waiting but i will cause i know if i want it bad enough, i will get it! Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views
  5. MindTheGap
    Started by MindTheGap +,

    Just curious to see this result, and whether an outsider can change things. -1 in Not bothered really as I voted so I could see the results.

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 5.8k views
  6. danny b
    Started by danny b,

    I have found out that I have been shortlisted for a 6 month CMPG secondment. However, I don't really have a clue what the job entails. I have heard off my gaffer that all specials on the new unit will be fully trained traffic officers but without the driving grade, so trained observer etc. Sounds good. Has anybody else out there in YM land heard anything or been shortlisted. Got a meeting at the end of this month at CMPG headquarters.

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 6.9k views
  7. maverick1231546620740
    Started by maverick1231546620740,

    A brand new BBC3 documentary series is looking for serving and retired police officers to tell us about the funniest and strangest things that have happened to them during their career. We’d like to hear about: • The daftest or most incompetent criminals you’ve ever encountered. • The funniest thing that ever happened to you during your time on the force. If you are interested in taking part, please contact us so that we can tell you a bit more about the show. We’d also love to hear your stories. Our programme will provide an insight into best practices, celebrate the achievements of the police and convey a strong central message: Crime doesn’t pay and …

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Smeders

    POLICE in East Birmingham are unlocking the doors to their cell block for the very first time to allow visitors a behind-the-scenes insight into their local police station. The 'see our cells' event is part of an open day being held at Stechford police station on Saturday 23 July between 10am and 2pm. There will be many fun activities to take part in at the free family open day: Visit the cell block, talk to the custody sergeant and see how fingerprints are taken Watch a fly-over by the police helicopter See a demonstration by firearms and taser officers Meet the puppy cadets in training Talk to your local fire-fighters and sit in their fire engine Try and find the …

    • 13 replies
    • 3.7k views
  9. Panda Pusher
    Started by Panda Pusher,

    Change Fatigue Change Fatigue is what Ive been told we are suffering from following so many changes made over the last 13 months. So many changes to assist with cost cutting, restructuring, operation octagon ect. It bears no significance of course to the people who have been lost under A19 the staff made redundant and to the vast majority of the general public yet. Yet of course on till something go's very wrong which it will in time nothing seems to be done to prevent this, in fact quite the opposite. People with heavy shoulders re-inventing the wheel keep on telling me everything is fine that we should all pull through and be flexible. Thats not what I joined for, I d…

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  10. Candles

    Read more here... Oh come on... really?! Here is the google earth photo... I wonder if this MoP got a ticket...?

      • Like
    • 48 replies
    • 5.1k views
  11. Dudley
    Started by Dudley,

    As a lowly SC, I had the good fortune to bump into our Chief Officer, Mr C a couple of days ago. Hes got almost 39 years in the job. I've heard that he might be leaving next September after the Olympics. I think he will be a loss to West Mids and I hope if I ever get to that dizzy height, I hope I can to be half as good as he is. Well done Mr C, keep up the good work for us all !!

      • Like
    • 51 replies
    • 5.6k views
  12. TillyTali
    Started by TillyTali,

    Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew whether West Midlands accepted transfers from South Yorkshire Police? Sorry if there is already a post about this, but was unable to find it ! Thanks a lot

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 4.5k views
  13. Candles
    Started by Candles +,

    Ever since joining WMP as an SC, I have never seen or heard of a force wide specials day where we can get together as an organisation. Having been on some really well organised and planned company days, I think our organisation could do with something similar. There has been a significant problem with the flow of information and communication of our common strategy. A day that has input from senior officers (regular and special) detailing their outlook and proposals for driving us forward. Also a forum to allow us to ask questions... As with all these large events, people are always too scared to talk out, so would like to see questions submitted before the event, in a w…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.1k views
  14. Dudley
    Started by Dudley,

    With changes under way within West Mids, Dudley are lucky to have all their supervisors on board; x3 SOs and x4 ASOs. What do other LPUs have?

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 2.6k views
    MindTheGap +
  15. Dudley
    Started by Dudley,

    Excellent day at Pride over the weekend. Sad to see however, that most of the policing was by Birmingham West & Central specials. I've heard that other LPUs were invited to police in previous years...anybody know why this has stopped.

    • 18 replies
    • 2.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.