Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Midlands Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is restricted to members of West Midlands Police. The moderator for this area and for all password enquiries should be sent to @Candles

  1. krisbnt44
    Started by krisbnt44 * ,

    Hi guys Not sure if anyone will have the answers to these questions but I thought I would give it a try anyhow. I passed the paper sift and AC about 18 months or so and was told that I needed to lose weight and to come back when i had. I recieved a letter some six months later and although I had lost weight I had a stone extra to lose and WM police cancelled my appilcation. I am still v interested in join the police and have almost lost the required weight. I am just wandering would I be forced to do the whole recruitment process again or can I pick up from the paper sift or the assesment day. I think i already know the answer to this question and it repeating th…

    • 1 reply
    • 730 views
  2. radiator
    Started by radiator,

    After a long six week wait after passing my physical, i have finally recieved my prov start date October 19th. Anybody starting then??

  3. Kilburn
    Started by Kilburn * ,

    Hi, I've got my fitness test for West Mids coming up. Can anyone give any advice on the best sort of footwear for it? I usually train in some rather firm based running shoes I bought after training in plimsolls hurt my knees. They are fine for running forwards on a tread mill. However, I'm not convinced they would be much good for turning and weaving in and I think they might have insufficient grip for running up and down steps without the danger of slipping. Any thoughts anyone?

    • 3 replies
    • 756 views
  4. tjosmith
    Started by tjosmith,

    Hello everyone, I passed my assessment centre for WMP in November and currently waiting for my vetting checks to be completed. Last week I received a letter inviting me to a vetting interview in August. Has anybody else had one of these, and if they have, some advice on what will be exepcted of me would be really helpful. I spoke to recruitment when I got the letter and they said that my file was almost complete, and that the vetting interview is a new part of the recruitment process. Anybody else heard the same? It seems that I've been waiting for my medical longer than others on here! Many thanks, Tom.

  5. plackow
    Started by plackow,

    Does anyone know if WMP do observer shifts (ride along or whatever you want to call them). If they do, how do you apply? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 599 views
  6. radiator
    Started by radiator,

    Hey everyone. Passed my fitness test back in April, then about six weeks later got my provisional start date for October 19th. Does anyone know when recruitment will send me the official start date letter or starter pack if my start date is October 19th??? Would appreciate any replies. Thankyou. RADIATOR.

    • 3 replies
    • 828 views
  7. Darkmetman86
    Started by Darkmetman86,

    Hi everyone, I was just wondering if there is anyone who is currently waiting for there vetting checks to be completed? How long have you been waiting? I applied back in march time 08 and i cant even remember how long i've been waiting for my file to come back from vetting. I was told well over 4 weeks ago that all my references and checks had come back ok and my file just needed to be signed off!? I know the recruitment team have a hard job and are always busy but i cant help but feel frustrated that all i need is to do my medical and fitness tests and then im in! It doesnt help either that the recruitment team always seem to fob you off with the same bs, i've even…

  8. tambo
    Started by tambo,

    West mids uniform policy http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/foi/pub...-UEA.asp?id=144 Hope this helps any stressed new recruits like me!! Best wishes Tambo Sorry try this one!! http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/foi/pub...-UEA.asp?id=144 Tambo x

    • 0 replies
    • 851 views
  9. sharan
    Started by sharan,

    Hey all, was just wondering if anyone was on the July intake?

  10. Dev1749
    Started by Dev1749,

    Does anyone know when West Midlands are planning another PC recruitment drive? Or when the next recruitment seminar is likely to be? Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 871 views
  11. marcus 67
    Started by marcus 67,

    Hi All, In last nights Express & Star there was a front page story about WMP taking on an extra 300 police staff for this year. the new staff will comprise of 178 police officers, 111 police support staff & 62 PCSO's. I don't know if this is in addition to the force strength requirments already earmarked for this coming financial year but it does look like good news for those of us already going through the selection process

    • 2 replies
    • 886 views
  12. Mr.H
    Started by Mr.H,

    Hi, Has anyone recieved a start date recently from West Midlands police, and if so when was your Physical. I passed mine 26th May and was led to believe i would find out my date pretty shortly after, but a month later still nothing. Anyone else in a smiliar situation? I tried calling recruitment but they couldnt give me any sort of time frames, either to a possible start date or to when i might find out.

    • 1 reply
    • 567 views
  13. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    Hi guys. Just to let anyone know whos interested in joining West Midlands Police OR just interested in what the force does, they have an open day from 1000 - 1800 on Friday 27th February. They will have all the different departments there to give advice and advice to those interested. As far as i am aware, this is a FREE ENTRY event. It will be at Tally Ho! in Edgebaston, Birmingham. All the best! From Oscar 24 http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32077

    • 4 replies
    • 768 views
  14. mattyt
    Started by mattyt,

    thats when i start! im not holding much hope, there isnt much activity in this dusty corner of the forum!

    • 25 replies
    • 1.6k views
  15. radiator
    Started by radiator,

    First of all a big hello to all the West Midlanders Bobby out there. I've just recently passed my physical and am currently waiting for a provisional start date, been about two weeks now :whistle2: Was just wandering what sort of shift patterns you guys and girls do. I know it varies from station to station, but was just interested. Any replies will be much appreciated. Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.