West Midlands Police
Subforums
-
This forum is restricted to members of West Midlands Police. The moderator for this area and for all password enquiries should be sent to @Candles
-
- 1.5k posts
216 topics in this forum
-
Anyone ever done the fitness test without training? Just wondering how smokers found it too? I only ask as I've read on the internet people saying, Im a smoker who dosnt excercise and I passed it (wm). Are they implying its too easy? What do you think? I couldnt imagine doing it without some form of training! Thanks!
-
- 14 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi all This is my first post on here and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how long the background vetting stage normally takes. I received a letter on the 20th august informing me that the background vetting had commenced. Still waiting!
-
Hi guys!! Just a quick one as i'm still trying to make a dent in that bloody work folder we were given I am going to drive to Stourbridge for the next couple of mornings so i can work out traffic etc. Was just wondering if anyone knows what time we will be starting there?? Appreciate any ideas Popeye
-
Hey Hey. Still got my head in the clouds since that phone call this morning telling me that i'll start October 19th. BIG CONGRATS to all who have got their date, that stress from the last 2-3 years suddenly seems none existent to me. Feels like i've had a house lifted off my shoulders. Was just wondering how many guys & girls got that October 19th start date?? Be good to hear from you. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN. POPEYE DOYLE
-
Evening all. I posted this topic on the student and probationers forum and got a big fat nil in responses :sad: Anyway i start training at Stourbridge in a couple of weeks and was just wondering if anyone knows of any secret or decent parking areas around Stourbridge police station??? From driving up there a couple of times i presume there isn't really any parking available on site??? Would appreciate any info. Cheers popeye doyle Before i forget- To all the other October 19th starters how are you getting up there???
-
Anyone else who got an application in June/July and passed to an A/C in December then good luck! You'll see me on the 9th Chris *edited for spelling
-
Morning Does anyone have any experiences of time scales between dates for Fitness and & Medical and where. Are they AM & PM sessions or all day affairs?. My current job is shifts for another Government Run organization, so I have to book time off well in advance, not easy when your waiting for such events to happen. Do you do your Fitness with other Candidates watching, or do you get to run the course without others seeing your pain and stresses. Me running is not a pretty sight. Any info would be good on this. I was hoping to do my test before Christmas so I can chill and enjoy the joys of Crimbo dinner, rather than spending the holidays in the gym and drinkin…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Does anyone know what the pass mark (%) is for the West Midlands Police Assessment Centre?
-
- 5 replies
- 4.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
All the best for the morning! Let us know how you do! Fi x
-
- 16 replies
- 1.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
HI all!!! please anyone out there who can make me understand the logic behind this joke would be most appreciated, I am absolutely gutted, I recently applied to become a police officer sent off application form back in July 2009 only to recieve a letter this morning stating I had been rejected on the grounds i had a caution back in 1998 for threatening behaviour, I write, off the letter: ANY PREVIOUS CONVICTION, REPRIMAND OR CAUTION AND WARNINGS WOULD NEED TO BE DECLARED ON EVERY FUTURE COURT FILE SUBMITTED BY A POLICE OFFICER, SPECIAL CONSTABLE OR PCSO, IRRESPECTIVE OF HOW LONG AGO THE INCIDENT HAPPENED, DUE TO THIS, THE EVIDENCE WOULD BE DISCREDITED IN COURT BY THE DEF…
-
Anyone got theres this month? How much training are you doing for it? For the ones who have done it, how did you honestly find it? Thanks in advance! :)
-
- 11 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Welcome to the West Midlands Police chat thread.
-
- 33 replies
- 3.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, Just thought I'd see how long everyone else has been in the recuitment process for ?? And for thhose that have passed and are in, are you enjoying it and is it what you expected ??? Chris
-
I forgot to ask this bloody question at the seminar I start training at Stourbridge i think on the 21st of this month and was just wondering if anybody knows what days (if any) we get off for xmas and new year??? Any facts, ideas and even rumours would be appreciated. Cheers.
-
hi every1! just a quick question, whats the medical like for west mids? how longs it last etc? how is your eyesight tested? ( by using the chart) or is it more indepth? would appreciate some feedback thanks kieran