Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Midlands Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is restricted to members of West Midlands Police. The moderator for this area and for all password enquiries should be sent to @Candles

  1. finbarfin
    Started by finbarfin,

    Hello peeps, just wondering did anyone do their AC with me on the 03/03/09 (am), and if so what stage in the recruitment process are you??

  2. Kilburn
    Started by Kilburn * ,

    Hi, I got the letter a week or so ago that other people have been referring to - the one saying that numbers have been reduced for the next few enrolments and all intakes are full until April 2010 - and I thought I'd start a new thread about it. There are a few things I am wondering about this. Firstly, has anyone heard anything about what the situation is likely to be come April? Secondly, does any aspect of our application expire? I seem to remember hearing the fitness tests only lasts 6 months and I will be over that come April. (Or does it only expire if the applicant wishes to delay over 6 months rather than WMP.) Anyone else in the same boat as me with anything …

    mrgrumpy1546620532
  3. seth223uk
    Started by seth223uk,

    Hi Guys I am waiting for a medical date and I have been told that I should get a date early next year. Whilst on the phone, I enquired as to how long I might have to wait for a start date (assuming I pass the medical and physical)... he said probably Feb 2011! I gather that this delay is due to the force restructure. Does anyone have any more info on how this is affecting recruitment? Thanks

    • 11 replies
    • 2.5k views
  4. sp1108
    Started by sp1108,

    Hi peps im new to this so not sure if im doing this right or not. I have just found out that I have passed the Application Sift for Northamptonshire and been invited along for a Interview on the 2nd of March so if anyone could give me any advice on what i should read up and expect on the day to be prepared for the Interview. Thank you...

  5. Torch
    Started by Torch,

    Hello Has anyone who attended an Assessment Centre in May 2009 or later gone further than vetting/waiting in the supervisor pile. Regadies Torch (Batteries not included)

    • 0 replies
    • 846 views
  6. plackow
    Started by plackow,

    I have passed my medical (26th November). I spoke to recruitment and they said not to expect a date for fitness before April, and have the following update for you all. As we know recruitment is on hold until April 2010 There are approx 200 people that have passed everything that are waiting for dates (April 2010 and after) There are approx 100 people that have passed medicals and waiting for fitness They are taking on 18 people every 6 weeks from April 2010 (to get through the people already passed everything, this is 11 intakes, 66 weeks total, thats means July next year)!!!! Sorry guys, but useful to know. Who knows, as of April, it may all change again.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. jacky_032001
    Started by jacky_032001,

    hi, i have my fitness test tomorrow morning, has anyone got theirs too? any last advice would be great! jacky

    daerve1546081006
  8. Darkmetman86
    Started by Darkmetman86,

    Hey all, I passed my PCA on the 24/11/09 and received a letter today congratulating me on passing and saying "we have received your local security clearance and will be soon allocating you a provisional start date". I'm confused as I was led to belive by other posts on here that West Mids are basically full till April 2010. Has anyone else received this letter and then received one saying their all full? Im gonna ring recruitment tomorrow and ask but thought id quickly post on here to see what you guys and girls recon? Thanks, Alex

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  9. SiminaM
    Started by SiminaM,

    Hi, I am Simina, new to the forum... I have passed my PCA on the 29th of June. Can anyone tell me how long does usually take until you receive the provisional starting date? And why is it called provisional, can it change? Also, are there any more stages to pass between the PCA and the starting date? I am so anxious, can't wait to start, this has been my dream since I was a teenager (I am 28 now)! And I have been in the process for some long 26 months! Well, this might be because I am not from the UK... Anyway,I am sure that the wait does worth it! :-) Thanks!

  10. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    And I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so happy!!! I did the course in 3.35 so with 10 seconds to spare as I made a couple of mistakes!! My push pull average was 27, (but my highest came in at 47!)

  11. nav1546620150
    Started by nav1546620150,

    Anybody going on f3? Just want to share some information with any probationers who have got the slightest doubt of wether they have made the right career move.Any other ocu and i will honestly say you have absolutely nothing to worry about and any slight doubts or nerves you have will go away.As for f3 the less said the better.I will not air anything in public forum but if anybody really wants to know a true opinion then feel free to pm me.F3 has got a problem officers dont leave for no reason but what is wmp going to do about it?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.9k views
  12. seth223uk
    Started by seth223uk,

    This is my first post so I would like to start by saying hi! I am applying to WMP and I am currently at the end of the vetting stage. I called recruitment a few days ago, they confirmed that my file is with a supervisor to be signed off. The guy I spoke to mentioned that the next available medical date would be in December. Does anyone know what will happen next? I assume I will receive a letter informing me whether I have passed vetting and hopefully inviting me to a medical? I am trying to work out how much longer the whole process will take (from now until starting training). Does anyone have an idea? I'm hoping less than 6 months. Although having read on this fo…

    • 3 replies
    • 968 views
  13. TLR1546081058
    Started by TLR1546081058,

    Anyone here stationed at Sandwell South OCU? I have a few questions I'd like to PM somebody who currently works there. Many thanks in advance.

    • 0 replies
    • 828 views
  14. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    Is it easy enough to find? Ive been told its on an extreamly long road? If I put the postcode in my sat nav will it just take me to the road or to the actual place? Any idea what the traffic is like there early in the morning? Thanks in advance! Fi

  15. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    Hi all, woke up this morning with a heavy chest, tickly throat, bit of a cough and just felt crap! Been dosing up on vit C all day, something I take every day anyway, but just feel really knackered and crap still. I have my fitness next week, and wanted to get to the gym tonight( i wont physically make it ...)do I leave my fitness date as it is, and chance good health, or call and make another date to be safe rather than sorry? What would you do ?? Thanks in advance. Fi.

    • 4 replies
    • 974 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.