Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Midlands Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is restricted to members of West Midlands Police. The moderator for this area and for all password enquiries should be sent to @Candles

  1. Dudley
    Started by Dudley,

    Here on Dudley we use Twitter as a great way of communicating and cascading information. Do any other LPUs use it??

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
    MindTheGap +
  2. Dudley
    Started by Dudley,

    Looks like we're on target to reach 2000+ hours again. What do other LPUs average...?

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  3. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    Hi everyone, as some of you may know, I've been waiting for my start date since Oct 2009, and have been in the recruitment process (passing everything 1st time) since December 2007!! I'm 28 this month and have been stacking shelves for the past three years, I'm so fed up of waiting for my start date (and my current job) and wanted to do do something in the meantime so I have something to show before I'm 30! I wanted to do an evening college course that would be one night a week, but I'm worried that it will clash with a start date as the course would not finish until December 2012. My course would cost around £600 so I don't want to waste that kind of money if I d…

    amardeep8980
  4. davysmurthwaite
    Started by davysmurthwaite,

    hi all. it has been quite a while since i last put anything on here my 1/14 scania tamiya truck is now finshed,the truck has full working lightbar front and rear wig wags,an electrical unit so it has fully working headlights,spot lights,working indicators and working hazards,the truck is radio controlled with a 3 speed gearbox which does around 12mph runs off a 7.2 battery stick and is complete with 2.4 ghz receiver and hand set. the trailer was originaly a flatbed by tamiya but i made the sides out of upvc soffit which makes it very strong and sturdy,the trailer has been made into a one off mobile command unit. the total the lengh of tractor unit and trailer is just o…

    • 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
    MindTheGap +
  5. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    Hey all. I phoned recruitment the other morning and spoke to someone quite high up. She mentioned the dreaded 2013 but said to be perfectly honest she hasn't a clue until the new budget comes along. I was just wondering the in meantime what everyone is doing while they're awaiting a start date like me? I'm currently in a job I despise, I only took it on because it was just to keep me afloat whilst I did all the police assessments etc. Will it look bad on us if we change our jobs whilst waiting for a start date? I don't want to look like a work butterfly drifting from one job to another. (Ive only been with my current employer for nearly 3 years)but I really want to leav…

  6. ArranMinshell
    Started by ArranMinshell,

    Hey guys, I was just wondering what units would be avalable in the WMPD. In the Essex Police there is a unit called 'The Interceptors', Does WMPD have this unit aswell/equivalent? Cheers Guys!

  7. sm00
    Started by sm00,

    Source : Police Blog Well worth following if your into social media and another good example of neighbourhood policing.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 2.6k views
  8. 11rich11
    Started by 11rich11,

    Are you issued with a locker to keepyourkit in or is there a room where you keep your kit in, or do you bring it from home everytime your out on duty? Cheers Rich.

    • 15 replies
    • 2.6k views
  9. mrgrumpy1546620532
    Started by mrgrumpy1546620532,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-12169471

    • 12 replies
    • 2.3k views
  10. danny b
    Started by danny b,

    So who's up for some public order on the foxy 1. Our OCU have been asked to help out on the Paddys day parade around digbeth, just wondering who else has been asked and if anybody has done it in previous years. I have heard you basically go from fight to fight. Sounds like a good craic.

    • 20 replies
    • 3.6k views
  11. speedy007
    Started by speedy007,

    Whether you are one of the 180 that have passed all stages of Officer recruitment or at some other stage in the process, anyone going to pull out? speedy.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
  12. yorkiebobbie
    Started by yorkiebobbie,

    Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone would know about living quarters whilst in training. I'm due to be a daddy in October and I was just wondering about the accomodation that West Mids offer. I know they have single quarters and a very limited on them, but do they have family quarters?! If they do, does anybody know if you have to be married or anything for this, as me, my girlfriend and our lil un will be moving down when I EVENTUALLY get a start date. Cheers guys

  13. alphakiloblahblah
    Started by alphakiloblahblah,

    Just saw this.....good news on the horizon?! http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=156094675

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  14. County_homeboy
    Started by County_homeboy,

    Hi guys and girls well ive been given a lifeline and my medical appeal has been upheld so im one step closer to transferring to west mids. I wondered what life is like following paragon?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  15. marcus 67
    Started by marcus 67,

    HI all, well its the 30th November starters up next, now that October guys started this morning (best of luck to them all for the future) I cant wait to start

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.