West Midlands Police
Subforums
-
This forum is restricted to members of West Midlands Police. The moderator for this area and for all password enquiries should be sent to @Candles
-
- 1.5k posts
216 topics in this forum
-
has anyone, currently on hold in the recruitment process for Police Constable with west mids received any updates by email lately?? I know we are due for one in sept but i havent had anything and i didnt get anythin in June so i called. thanks Kieran
-
- 26 replies
- 2.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Guys I just wanted to know whats the make and model of the hi-viz vest that west mid's are supplied with Many thanks
-
Hi Everyone, Happy New Year to all Its been a bit q on here recently so I thought Id start us off. Whats everyone been up to over xmas?? I did my first New Years Eve shift last night and im sorry to say it was quite disappointing on the South. It was dead up till midnight, then immediate disorders did start to come thick and fast. Most were no trace or had fizzled out by the time we got there though What was it like on other LPUs?
-
My work have started re profiling us meaning I now have to work 3 out of 4 Saturdays or have my contract terminated!! I can't do Sat's as hubby works them and we have two children, childcare is financially out of the question and I can only do jobs between the hours of 9 and 3 at the min. (obviously a police wage would change things like that) Its just so annoying that this is happening knowing I could have been a police officer for two years by now if the freeze hadn't happened! Sorry, rant over...
-
I thought only Inspectors and above where allowed flat caps. Is that correct or are SGTs now getting them? © West Midlands Police
-
I was told today by another special that as of today we no longer have to wear our hi-vis. Not sure if there is any truth in this at all. If anyone else has heard anything let us know. I sooooo want it to be true, I cant stand the stuff! Mainly because it makes us look a mess!
-
Hi All, Has anyone else seen the email from the Aiport about looking to recruit a team of Specials? What do you think of this??
-
All, I know some LPU's have already been through continuous improvement and we're going through it in Jan..... looking forward to that (hmmmm). I've been told I'm staying put but there are a few people on the shift who have been binned off to other teams/roles etc etc. Personally I'm happy with what I'm doing so I feel pretty lucky to be staying put (it's what I wanted too) Is it having any impact on specials?, obviously with the shift numbers dropping (I think to 29 on paper) are you still going to be aligned to us because I think the more hands the better with the lower numbers?. Hopefully 'the shift' wont be the people who seem to pick up everything from everywhere …
-
My link The survey reuslts show we're not happy with the gear we get. In fairness some of our stuff is top notch (love the public order two piece suit, waaay better than the old boiler suit!) but some of it is junk. We need new batons, the spray needs changing and the stabbies too. Thankfully the last one is getting sorted but would like to see the others things changed too.
-
I'm interested in becoming a Special Constable - Since like many others here on this forum I'd like for a career in the police in the future... My question being, when are West Midlands Police next likely to be accepting applications and open for the recruitment of SCs? At the moment I am currently living in South Wales but since I have a girlfriend in the Midlands I am considering the possibility of transferring the location of my day job, living with her and possibly applying there to West Midlands... I've read that times are hard (in terms of available funing) for West Midlands Police as is the case within many forces; does anyone have any ideas on when the next Sp…
-
Well what do we all think to this?
-
Anyone got a driving course booked? Hoping to get one this year - fingers crossed!
-
Market Police ? What are their powers and who are they accountable to ??
-
http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2011/09/29/watch-nine-birmingham-riots-suspects-arrested-in-police-raids-97319-29508082/ Video of the big boss on the frontline of raids. It may be a stunt but I like seeing our Force Management Team on the front line. Fair play to him. Although I wonder where his high vis harness is hmmm. Uniform standards sir!!
-
So I was watching Fake Britain with Dom Littlewood on BBC1 earlier, and picked up on a West Mids officer arresting a clamper using the following; "You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you may later rely on in court. Anything you do say, caution still applies." It didn't sound 'right', that said, it was funny as hell watching a clamper screaming like a girl because he was being arrested... Just wondering if this is a different caution like now/when etc, and when it is used. Just to satisfy my inner thirst for pointless knowledge! Thanks for any help in advance and hope everybody in the West…