Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Midlands Police

 
 

Subforums

  1. This forum is restricted to members of West Midlands Police. The moderator for this area and for all password enquiries should be sent to @Candles

  1. nabnab
    Started by nabnab,

    hi people. whats going on with recruitment at the moment?

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 5.5k views
  2. danny b
    Started by danny b,

    Had my PST this week and the trainers informed us that after Paragon comes into swing all West Mids officers will be issued with black polos which I think is fantastic. Now all we need is flat caps and we are laughing. I hate to bring up an age old debate but does anybody have an opinion on this? I know there are quite a few traditionalists out there who are of the opinion that we should keep the old custodials. Personally I think the flat caps are much more practical. When I wear my helmet (rare occasions) I feel like it puts me off balance and is more of a hindrance than a help especially in a crowded pub when people like to try and push it off. On the other hand it …

      • Like
    • 102 replies
    • 13.2k views
  3. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    I am delighted to announce that SEADOG has successfully applied to become mini mod of this area. This means he now has a few extra buttons and will be assisting the full mods to keep things on track in this area. We are always grateful for the help provided by mini mods, so please treat him with the respect you would a full moderator.

    • 1 reply
    • 4.4k views
  4. mrgrumpy1546620532
    Started by mrgrumpy1546620532,

    Doesn't bode well http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2010/09/30/west-midlands-police-to-axe-more-than-2000-jobs/

    alphakiloblahblah
  5. mrgrumpy1546620532
    Started by mrgrumpy1546620532,

    Am i the only one worried by the news lately about cutting Police numbers?? What happened to protecting frontline policing and numbers? Will await with interest what has to be said at the |Federation Conference today as i have a really horrible feeling in my bones about this. I suppose i am lucky in one respect as being one of the 200 odd waiting a start date or am I, will i be told sorry your not getting a position? I fear for those waiting for asessments and fitness tests as to what will happen over the forthcoming months!! If numbers are to be cut will this mean that those who have been waiting for an iota of news since Noah built the Ark be told "sorry but we are…

  6. Logan's Run
    Started by Logan's Run,

    Hello, Has anyone who attended the recruitment update seminar heard any feedback at all? I have not recieved any confirmation that they will be defering my application, i have also not heard anything about becoming a special... Any updates anyone? Any start dates anywhere? Lets keep the communication flowing! Bosun

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
    alphakiloblahblah
  7. FiFi09
    Started by FiFi09,

    Hi, anyone going to the recruitment 'meeting' on tuesday night at tally ho? Thanks, FiFi x

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. ajl1
    Started by ajl1,

    Hello all With April just around the corner and everyone eagerly awaiting a job offer what are peoples thoughts on some good news landing on the door mat in April? Personaly i think we will all be waiting for several more months and receive another letter soon informing us of more delays? Agree / disagree, join the debate!!

  9. westmidscop
    Started by westmidscop,

    I'm looking at applying to the rumoured to be imminent promotion board for PC's to Sgt's. The only problem is I don't really have must of an idea of how to boards work, how to prepare and what I need to do in the interivew to stand out from the crowd. Anyone have any ideas/advice?

    westmidscop
  10. LucyOshea
    Started by LucyOshea,

    Hey everyone, I thought I had better start a new topic just to let you all know what I have learnt today from West Midlands. It's not great news I'm afraid but I will strive to find some positive...somewhere. As I mentioned in another topic, I sent off a formal letter on the 23rd Feb to the big cheese of recruitment asking him to review my file as I applied in late 2007 and thought it was dragging on a bit (like everyone else I'm sure). I have completed all stages doing my fitness test on one of the last days of August 2009. Well today I received a letter in the post from his PA. Not what I wanted!!!.... It said that they had hoped to have given me a start date by now, …

    Gismo1546620204
  11. getbiga
    Started by getbiga,

    i just wanted to know when is the new recruitment process for the west midlands police Are they gonna have an online application process or will there be police faires (thats what someone has told) were you have to go and they will give you application forms

    • 1 reply
    • 975 views
  12. County_homeboy
    Started by County_homeboy,

    Hey everyone im trying to make contact with any other transferees who are currently trying to transfer into west mids, ive had my interview and passed and have been trying to get a medical date in birmingham but have had no luck as of yet. Just trying to make touch to see if people are having the same issues. feel free to pm me andy

  13. alphakiloblahblah
    Started by alphakiloblahblah,

    As quoted this morning from Mr Brown Himself on BBC News "Mr Brown will also tell councils and police forces not to cut budgets for front-line law enforcement."... ..."there will be no reason based on central government funding why police or PCSO numbers should fall." ..."So my challenge to local authorities and police authorities around the country is to match our commitment to protecting front-line policing - or else explain to their communities why they are not prepared to do so." So lets hope that maybe the new guy in charge sees this and decides to increase the numbers in April then we all might get in this year?! Im taking this as a positive thing for us, puts…

    • 1 reply
    • 870 views
  14. adele87
    Started by adele87,

    Just brought the express and star and wmp made it to the front page. www.expressandstar.com/2010/02/18/police-jobs-to-be-lost Police jobs will be lost in the West Midlands as the force makes cuts and savings of £50 million over the next four years, the region’s most senior officer has warned. Chief Constable Chris Sims said he expected “significant cuts in funding across the public sectorâ€. Senior positions are expected to go as well as back-room and support roles. Mr Sims said he believed he could make the £50 million of cuts without reducing front-line police numbers, but the force has not ruled out officer cuts if more budget reductions are needed. Asked …

    • 4 replies
    • 1.8k views
  15. mrgrumpy1546620532
    Started by mrgrumpy1546620532,

    Anyone else thinking the article does not bode well? According to the article West Mids have 240 who have passed everything and 500 more in the pipeline!!! Glad i'm one of the 240 - but seems to me that we have a big bunch up behind us as no-ones moving anywhere!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.