Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Staffordshire Police

 
 
  1. McScottish
    Started by McScottish,

    Just reading through the transcript from the "Open Mike" night on the Staffs Police website. Some interesting highlights (copied from the website so apologies for any weird formatting!): Mike: Will the force be opening up recruitment for the special constabulary any time soon? Wednesday October 3, 2012 18:28 ACC Blazeby: Dear Mike Thank you for your question. Over the next three months we are recruiting and training a number of Special Constables and will be seeking to have a recruitment plan for 2013, so th…

    • 20 replies
    • 1.7k views
  2. Divisional Officer
    Started by Divisional Officer,

    To all the Staffs Officers on this Forum. You will have seen from your Inbox on our Intranet that ther Specials Co-Ordinator has asked for your views on the cancelled event in April. As the guy who was organising this I would be very interested in your views. We have 6 awards now outstanding to be presented to some very worthwhile winners. The object of the event was not to bore you silly with questions and answers sessions but to celebrate some of the work we all do and to recognise those officers who have gone beyond what was expected of the Specials. I believe this is worth celebrating and saying THANK YOU to you all for the work you do. Staffs Police support us in eve…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Divisional Officer
  3. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    Hi all Over the last few days, a Twitter account has been set up for myself on behalf of Staffordshire Police which you are all welcome to follow. Account is @SCWelch. www.twitter.com/SCWelch Just a little insight: I am a Special Constable down in South Staffs and also in my final year at University of Wolverhampton studying for a Bsc (Hons) Policing. I will be posting tweets regarding my life as a Special Constable and as a Policing degree student. As well as providing an insight as to the life of a Special Constable, I hope this will become a good aid for improving public confidence, reassuring the public and providing messages about local events. As I said, please…

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 2.3k views
    ((TheShake))1546081325
  4. Sualg
    Started by Sualg,

    Hi All, Hope your all enjoying another few months with:- 1) No contact from our Special constabulary leadership team 2) A celebration event that we cannot attend 3) Specials leaving every week 4) No formal training and developement package 5) a third hand tatty stab vest Its great isnt it!

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 2.7k views
  5. pol1
    Started by pol1,

    Hi Guys Got told today that the diving policy has recently changed to reflect the need for A to B plus patrol and officially allows specials to attend a IR (at the speed limit without blue lights) Is this rumour or has the force finally grown up .?

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  6. pol1
    Started by pol1,

    Just found out that another year will pass us by with no specials permitted to perform duties at V other than standing outside the railway station at stafford. What an utterly sad state of affairs, year after year we have been told by high ranking regulars officers and specials that we will be attending. Once again says a lot about how Staffordshire Police value our contribution.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Shikari
    Started by Shikari +,

    Hey guys, I've made a facebook group for Staffs Specials. It's secret so no one can see it, so don't worry about that. It was originally for my intake but I reckon it'd be worth opening it up to any Staffs Specials because lets be honest, PS.com hasn't quite got the membership of Facebook ^^. Thoughts? Would you be interested?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. Triv
    Started by Triv,

    I started filling out my application form today, and it states that it should either be written in black pen or typeface. Does this mean I can fill out most of the form in the word document, and then print it out and tick relevant boxes with a pen? Doing it on the computer is simply more convenient, as I can make more room for myself space-wise in certain fields if I need, add rows to tables etc. But I don't want to waste my time typing it all out to find that I should be writing it by hand. Thanks. Apologies if this question has already been asked, didn't find anything on a search.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. pol1
    Started by pol1,

    Hi I recently became a Special Sgt (Acting), and I’m proud to have been given this extra responsibility. I wondered if the Specials leadership team could better support Sgts with a training package to help us develop our skill set further than the mentor and leadership course with some operational skills:- COMPACT INTOX PNC Etc Thoughts?

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 3k views
  10. Shikari
    Started by Shikari +,

    Hi, I figured with the new intake starting training in a couple of days, I figured 'Hey...we need a thread to bitch talk about training.' (I kid, of course). Basically here's the place to discuss things we may not have understood, topics we need help with etc. etc. You get the idea. I, and hopefully Mikester, will be trying to recruit people to the site, so to identify me this weekend- check out the mug I bring- It'll be and Enter Shikari mug that says 'Not my cup of tea'. I will also be the one at the tea stand for about 60% of the day. I love tea. :new_hmmm: Alrighty guys, hope to meet you in person on Saturday. Shikari

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 2.9k views
  11. Red-Fox
    Started by Red-Fox,

    Hey guys! Firstly the good news - I passed the assessment! Wasn't expecting that I'm just wondering however, what happens next? Vetting is easy enough to understand but what happens in the medical? Like how do they do a hearing test and drug test? I've never done a medical before so a bit freaked by the concept for some reason. Thanks guys

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 3.2k views
  12. mikester
    Started by mikester,

    Our batch of specials is halfway through the training now, I'm just curious as to what happens when we're attested. Is it a case of "here's your warrant card, go down your assigned station and see if they got work for you"? When I went into Tamworth station a couple months ago I was shown a duty log where it appeared you had to 'book' when you were working, not sure if this was for big events only or regular policing as well. Either way how does a new recruit like myself go about getting out there and continuing the learning?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. Shikari
    Started by Shikari +,

    Hey guys, What sort of thing should I wear for OPST tomorrow? The letter says no shorts which leaves me with little other options. Any quick replies would be greatly appreciated.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. AmISpecial
    Started by AmISpecial,

    The chief constable is currently taking questions on the staffs police website. For anyone interested http://www.staffordshire.police.uk/about_us/social_media/openmike/

    • 24 replies
    • 2.5k views
  15. -AJ
    Started by -AJ +,

    Wave Hello to your local bobby! http://youtu.be/M9DxvtbEjPY I believe this video also features a certain SC who has a certain twitter linked off of this section - but I may be wrong Oh and SC Suzanne is further famous She is from my nick has been in the local paper, and national magasines with her weight loss story and for getting involved in an incident! Hello Suzanne I also can't work out how to embed the movie into the new version of IPBoard, Sorry.

    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Administrative Account

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.