Staffordshire Police
208 topics in this forum
-
Hi everyone Well that was a long 6 weeks, found out today I have got through the unknown that is called vetting. Just the medical to go and then the longest wait of all for training to start Oh well at least its another step closer. By the way I did my assessment in January. Dale
-
Hi all, this is a question for those serving in the chase or Trent valley divsions, do you get to work many shifts ?? The reason I ask this, is because I have seen some posts on other force forums that say they are limited to shifts. There are a varity of reasons however, one or two were because there weren't enough regulars to mentor them. Although I'm not going to be able to work all hours under the sun, I would like to think I could get a couple of 8 hours shifts in a week if not more..... Hope this doesn't sound selfish, just really egar and enthusiastic chris
-
Finished training yesterday and finally got sworn in. For those of you are in training/about to start training...enjoy the day, it's your day and it's one brilliant day. Good luck.
-
Just to let people know of the new website changes from today http://www.staffordshire.police.uk/local_policing/ New info "Policing in Staffordshire is locally-based on 9 Local Policing Teams (LPTs). Each LPT has units with teams of officers and police community support officers responsible for getting to know local communities and dealing with the things that matter most to them."
-
Not sure if this topic has been covered before on the Staffordshire forum...? Can anyone shed any light on where Staffordshire Police stand on the following insurance items for serving Specials. 1) Legal support if any allegations / charges are brought against us whilst on duty? 2) Support for loss of income due to injury whilst in the line of duty? 3) Support for permanent injury affecting loss of any future income / heaven forbid - death in line of duty? 4) Should we notify our own life insurers advising them when we become Specials? 5) I'm a glasses / contact lense wearer - what happens if my glasses get damaged on duty? Just some examples above which I thought …
-
Afternoon all, just wondered if anyone knows what make Staff's radio's are ?? I was having a mooch on patrolstore at the different ear pieces, thinking of getting a clear gel one to sit in my ear better...
-
a couple of days ago i was running along a busy main road on a friday evening during rush hour there was a a lot of traffic and i keep running past the same bus a few times then it would come past me. There was a laser pen being shone on me from the top deck of the bus by a couple of young kids which didnt bother me at all . After about 100 yards the bus went past me i looked up to see one of the young lads open the window and try to drop a glass bottle at me it landed about 10 yards away but landed on the pavement. Just wandered what everyone would have done in that situation im just about to start training as a special firstly i was going to knock on the bus door to tel…
-
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone from the January 20th Assessment Process has heard anything back from the vetting process yet?
-
just wandered after you have completed your training and started work as a special what do you have to do and how long does it take to gain independent patrol i know it must take a while just interested to know how it all works
-
HI JUST PICKED UP MY UNIFORM IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THE PROBLEM WITH THE BATON HOLDER WHERE IT WON'T BUTTON SHUT WITH THE BATON INSIDE? THANKS JACK
-
Evening all, just thought i'd see how training was going for those that have just started? I realise it's probably early days yet, be good to hear how your doing? Also thought I'd ask how those that have not long finished training are getting on? Is it what you thought it would be like? Are you enjoying it? How was your first duty? All the best Chris
-
Hey, At training (which im still under taking) last week, i was told i'm to be deployed in Longton, which sounds good to me. From people i've talked to they say Longton is historically a good place to go, good mix of policing duties and interesting people, both in and out of the station My have a couple of questions- A) Any Longton Police on the forum, willing to give some info on what its like now? B) Anyone be able to put me in contact with the S/Sgt so that i can try and arrange a induction/meeting maybe? John
-
Morning all, I have purchased a book recommended on a few different websites, called Handbook To The Special Constabulary. It is designed for serving specials or those who are just at the begining. It looks at the recruitment process, the background to the specials and much more. The main reason I decided to buy the book, was because it has all the law you will need to know. PACE, stop and search, arrest proceedures and so on.... I'm just awaiting a start for training, and have foun this book very interesting and useful. I thought I would let others know if they haven't already got it. I'm hoping some early reading and lots of studying will put me in good sted for the …
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-11808646 Up to 150 special officers are being recruited by Staffordshire Police to cover the extra security needed for the Olympics, the force says. The force is expected to cut jobs over the next few years but denied that was why it was recruiting specials. Assistant Chief Constable Marcus Beale said his officers would be supporting colleagues in London for the 2012 policing operation. He added the force had been recruiting special officers for some time. "We set out quite some time ago to increase our special officers so policing in Staffordshire can continue in a good way," he said. In February, the Police Fe…
-