Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Staffordshire Police

 
 
  1. Rob.Special
    Started by Rob.Special,

    Hi all, I think I have lost the letter that shows the closing times to pick up your uniform, I'm starting my training next Friday and me and the wife are hoping to pick up my uniform on monday after 4 oclock and I'm hoping they will still be open, Does anyone know the closing times?

      • Like
    • 51 replies
    • 3.5k views
  2. Phillips24
    Started by Phillips24,

    Good morning all, I as others on here will soon be starting training, once completed I'll be based in Trent Valley Division (not to sure which station yet). I know every shift is completely different from the next, and you encounter many different senarios. I just wondered what's in store for us newbies?, I gather we will be on NPU/NPT. But we will get to go on response?, will we be patrolling the town centre? I for one would like to encounter as many different situations as possible to develop my skills and knowledge. I understand that every force is different, hense asking my question(s) in the Staffs forum. Whilst I don't wish to spoil the excitment, it would be…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Phillips24
    Started by Phillips24,

    Good evening all, Simple question really, do you get sprayed with CS on the OPST weekend ? I only ask because I have heard some people do and others don't. Any ideas? I would like to know what it feels like in case I ever have to use it . Thanks in advance for any info

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. DKStaffs
    Started by DKStaffs,

    All Came home from work tonight to a very nice letter informing me that I have passed the initial assessment. Wow that was a long 2 weeks, I had convinced myself I had failed. As others have done I would like to thank everyone on here for their help and support as I am sure it helped Vetting, Medical and a long wait to come..... ha ha. Thanks again Regards Dale

    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Phillips24
    Started by Phillips24,

    Hi everyone, after getting all your kit and completing the training, I was wondering where you store it all?.... I asume you get a locker at your set station ?....... Oh and i was also wondering do you get your own stab vest or do you lend one on every shift ? Thanks for any response's Chris

    • 10 replies
    • 1.8k views
  6. Tom Joy
    Started by Tom Joy,

    Hi all, just a quick one, How many guests can we take to the Attestation? Many thanks, Tom

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Tom Joy
    Started by Tom Joy,

    This is a different one, and just as a matter of interest; Are the high vis jackets the longer ones or the shorter ones? ie. the jacket goes further down your leg, or stops on your waist? Cheers, Tom

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Tom Joy
    Started by Tom Joy,

    Recieved my confirmation letter today for the 7th May training, along with other forms which I'll fill out and send asap! My Attestation will be on the 14th August! Who else is on this training course? Thanks everyone, Tom

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. richportvalek

    Medical this week...anyone have a idea when training would start? :D (with medical being ok, all being well) or if anyone knows roughly the time between medical conformation and training cheers, Rich

    • 2 replies
    • 871 views
  10. richportvalek

    Hey guys took the assesment on the 9th and got a letter to say i have passed and soon sent my medical forms off! but yet to recieve any info about my medical :s is any one else in the same situation? cheers!

    • 13 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. Phillips24
    Started by Phillips24,

    Morning all, Spoke with recruitment and I have a start date on 7th May!! Absolutely briliant, the wait is almost over:) should get all the paperwork this weekend, anyone else on this course ? Chris

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  12. OHT

    Hi, Would a request for an informal Q&A session be well received by a serving Special or even Regular at my local Police Station (Burton)? I have my medical with OH on the 2nd February so I hope (all being well) to have my acceptance letter shortly afterwards. I believe the new recruitment process to be very well managed & objective albeit it is very impersonal. I've found this forum very useful but is obviously only a "forum". I thought it would be best to wait until I was officially put on the training waiting list before I gave Burton a call to see if I could go & have a chat with a serving Officer. I know all my questions would be answered during trai…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. dannyh
    Started by dannyh,

    I just need to rant... I have only just had a letter which is dated 12th Jan, saying that my medical forms have not been received (which I posted over a month ago) so they would terminate my application soon assuming that I do not want to continue with it. Have been trying the main recruitment number (235353), which keeps you on hold for 15 long minutes with the most insanely annoying automated 'please hold the line' message that I have ever, ever heard, then just cuts you off dead!!!!!!! Tried during my entire dinner break because I was ringing for an update anyway, then 4 times since I got home and saw the letter, but to no avail. I have tried Cindy Flemings and T…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 872 views
  14. JayU
    Started by JayU,

    Hi Guys, Just thinking about what shifts I might like to do when I've completed my training, to fit in around other commitments etc. Could someone tell me what are the general times of the shifts the regulars work. (I'd like to be able to work from start to finish of a regular shift otherwise it'd just be awkward finishing half way though one of there shifts ??) I'll be based at Burton, if that makes any difference? Thanks, J

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. richportvalek
    Started by richportvalek,

    hello again guys can someone tell me please if there is a eye test in the medical? and if soo...wats involved in it? Any help much apprietiated

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.