Staffordshire Police
208 topics in this forum
-
Well - At our station yesterday, I walked into the gate and walked into Douglas Paxton, our Deputy Chief Constable. I must say that after I had finished feeling like an idiot for the comments I'd just shouted at my colleagues not realising he was stood behind them - and got over the stumbling ....er....Hi...sir...thing - I had a conversation with him along with my colleagues and must say what a thoroughly nice guy! We all got a hand shake and a thanks for the work we've done as specials, and he told us what a good job we have done all over Staffordshire. It was very nice to have some appreciation straight from the horses mouth as it were, and I would like to thank Mr P…
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-12771450 A petition has been launched to try to save Kidsgrove Police Station from closure. In February Staffordshire Police confirmed nine police stations are to close and 260 serving police officers will lose their jobs. The force is finding ways to save £22m over the next two years. But Newcastle-under-Lyme Councillor for the area Kyle Robinson said a town the size of Kidsgrove needed a constant police presence. The Labour Councillor said: "People rely on the police station, it's in the centre of town and we want our officers based in the town and not anywhere else. From April onwards we'll have police com…
-
This may have been covered before but it's become apparent to me that a few out of my course and others have become single due to the fact that their partners dont understand the job and what it means to be an SC. I agree it is totally a different calibre of person to want to put their lives in danger and do free work, possibly getting beaten up or stabbed but without us there would be so fewer officers policing the streets. I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across break ups or arguments about what we do and how it's overcome? I'm trying to get my partner to understand this is my new career and hobby and that I've been trying to be a SC for over 10 years but i…
-
Hey guys, Im due to start my training in September and am just wondering what will be done during the Training its self. My main question that I have at the moment is what (if any) assesments do you have during training with Staffordshire? Thanks guys
-
So like.. Woo! I'm finally signed off for Independent Patrol! - Very Happy - Now I can pass on some of what I've enjoyed learning to some new people - And have a little bit of freedom Just thought I'd share that
-
After nearly 6 MONTHS of waiting to collect my uniform, I am eventually going tomorrow. Hope i haven't put on to much weight since it was measured in January. I start training a week tomorrow Who else is collecting their uniform tommorow/this week? Tom
-
So has everyone made a start ready for OPST training at putting things on their belt? a little time consuming arranging everything and im not sure if theres a standard way officers have it but ive got from left to right... Left med kit, faststraps, handcuffs.... then key holder, baton and CS holder
-
Just to say CONGRATULATIONS to PC Colin Gay and PC Stephen Marsh for raising £32.000 for the Blue Lamp Foundation during a charity boxing match. That deserves an award from the Staffordshire bigwigs.
-
Evening all! I was going to add this in general discussion however, I thought as I'm joining staff's police it would be better on here. So my question is- As a special constable in Staff's police, how many arrests have you made? And are you encouraged to get 'stuck in' and make arrests? The reason I ask is because I have a few friends in other constabulary's, they are all serving regulars and have told me that they don't see many specials make arrests. Of course there are alot of things to take in to account before making arrests, and our role as a special is to support the regulars in their duty. I am just curious to see how staff's constabulary compares to others,…
-
Just had an amazing day yesterday at our attestation! We were the last group to be attested at the old Cannock road site. Makes you realise how quick everything goes from when I first applied 16/17 months ago. I hope everyone enjoys their training and if anyone has any questions about anything please don't hesitate to message me! :-) Craig
-
Having tried to understand alot of threads...i still cant work it out...so does anyone understand if we get free public transport with the use of Warrant Cards??? Is it only valid on duty? Do you have to do a number of hours beforehand? etc etc etc I have read to many conflicting comments in various forums to work it out haha I have a car so its a not a huge issue, but its nice to know, and i am sure others in Staffs would like to know the answer Thanks everyone
-
Hi Folks, Posted this here for a more specific reply, but an overall view is fine also. Does anyone have any advice for pre-reads or such to do before my next training session in a week and a bit. I can understand if this could be restricted material, so a PM would be fie if any information available. I tried youtube and while they have stuff on, i dont know the force specific stuff nor the ACPO allowed stuff from the 'looks good' stuff. I would like to learn it right basically. Im back into my old training regime, so running etc as a general fitness improver. John
-
Should you buy your boots before training, to break them in, or after you start ?
-
Rang up today to find out what station i will be at. Wombourne it is! so happy as its closest to me! Can't wait to start... taking forever!!!
-
Personally I dont smoke but I do have a weird hobby of collecting 'Zippo' lighters. I was searching the other day and came across a lighter (not a proper 'Zippo') with the Staffordshire Police crest on it. Staffordshire Police Crest Windproof Flip Lighter