Staffordshire Police
208 topics in this forum
-
Hi all, just thought I would check to see if anyone on here has been booked in for their assessment in Jan at Stafford?
-
So I have my upcoming medical and uniform fitting, which is all sorted. (have my medical at 10am, then off to my uniform fitting at 12.), what's next. what will the letter I recieve next say?
-
Had my medical and uniform fitting last Wednesday, all this waiting.... Just waiting for a letter now, PLEASE hurrrrrryyyyy :lol: When do you all think I will start training? I had my assessment on the 5th Oct!
-
hey i am just wondering if anyone who is doing, or who has done training in staffs for the specials....just to explain the process of the different sessions, and what you cover etc , as hopefully i will be on it soon! i any help much appreciated! :D
-
Evening all, anyone know the best place to get magnum boots from?? I would prefer to try them on before buying, not the end of the world of I can't though. Chris
-
Hi all, Firstly I'm new to the forums....so hello Secondly who has a training start date for this weekend? Jo
-
Idea, While staffordshire is clearly a county and not everyone drives, so will have some logistical issues to fix (shouldnt be that difficult) would any serving regulars, specials, PSCO on the forum etc like to have a bit of a social somewhere? Im thiking Stafford might be easiest, as good links with rest of county (motorway/trains/buses are all good), but lets see. Those that have a current applicaion, have training dates or are goig through training also quite welcome to come as well. Even MOPs of the forum that might want to ask some questions. Might be a good chace to meet up with someone from your course or soon to be colleagues ad break the ice/ask some questions…
-
I've read a lot of posts on stab vests, and pool etc... What is the actual situation with stab vests? Do we get a personal one, or is it pool? Medical tommorow followed by my uniform fitting! V. excited!!! Tom!
-
Hi, I have just received the letter to confirm I have passed the medical and will here of a start date shortly, which is brilliant!!!! Just wondered if anyone knew if you get to choose where you get posted, I live in Lichfield and was hoping it will be in Tamworth or Canock. Any ideas ???? Chris
-
Just wondered if anyone had any tips for a first outing into the big wide world as a uniformed officer? Thanks
-
Eventually had a phone call today and was given my medical date. Wednesday 12th January. It's slowly all falling into place! Does anybody know what happens in the medical examination? Many thanks, and a Happy new year to you all! one more thing, the lady on the phone said something about a uniform fitting too, The line was really crackly, so i just have to wait and see.
-
I PASSED MY ASSESSMENT ON NOVEMBER 10TH JUST WANDERED IF ANYONE FROM AROUND THAT TIME HAS HAD THERE MEDICAL DATE YET I WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE ON DECEMBER 21ST BUT WAS PUT BACK DUE TO A BACK LOG OF APPLICANTS. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT POSSIBLE START DATES FOR TRANING I WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE APRIL AT THE EARLIEST I THINK I WAS IN ONE OF THE LAST GROUPS FOR THIS YEAR
-
As far as I am aware, Staffordshire Police do not allow specials to go on response, I/e blaze your blues and twos. (Correct me if I'm wrong) I was wondering however, are they permitted to use blue lights to pull over a vehicle for any possible traffic offences? I am assuming specials are permitted to deal with traffic, though what is the process of pulling over a vehicle? Thanks.
-
Well, well well We're nearly done! :D Eight weekends successfully negotiated, just the "attestation weekend" to go on 8th/9th January Well done to us all on passing the Exam yesterday! It's great that we'll all graduate "as one" Merry Xmas to you all, and I hope you have a great New Year I know some of you are active posters on here, whilst others prefer to read and not post Either way, I'll be seeing you in just over a fortnight
-
I was so emotional that I nearly lost my voice when taking the oath. But it's all done .. I'm now the very proud owner of a warrant card. I was however gutted as due to the weather my mum & dad could not be there to see it all Congrats go to the others on my course.. I'll see you on duty