Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Staffordshire Police

 
 
  1. craigelson
    Started by craigelson,

    http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Force-is-facing-a-challenging-time.htm I dont understand why they are doing this?Do they want everywhere to just go to pot, surely making it public knowledge there are less police officers on the streets is going to fire up more crime, drugs and disorder? Comments please! :-/

    • 1 reply
    • 890 views
  2. Tom Joy
    Started by Tom Joy,

    Hi all! I'm still waiting for a medical date! I just want to start training as soon as possible...

    • 3 replies
    • 897 views
  3. Wolves42
    Started by Wolves42,

    Walked in to see a chunky letter on the floor... got me nervous and opened it to read 'I am pleased to inform you'... I am thrilled. I've been given both medical & vetting forms to be sent separately, nice to actually get two parts done together.

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. Tom Joy
    Started by Tom Joy,

    Hello, I sent my medical forms back about two weeks ago, and waiting for a date for my medical assessment. I noticed on the top corner of the medical form, it said the date 'Jan 2011', does any body know what this means? Many thanks, Tom

    • 3 replies
    • 862 views
  5. PFantasmes
    Started by PFantasmes,

    Just like to congratulate all on training course 04. We took our final knowledge check exam today and I'm glad to say everyone passed with flying colours. So we all get to attest on the 19th as a group. Proud to have been on the course with everyone.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. craigelson
    Started by craigelson,

    Just thought I'd add a little topic up about how people feel when you tell them your going to be a special. Although alot of my friends and regular customers are for the idea of me joining the specials, alot are a bit confused why you'd want to do this for no money. It clearly shows that it does take a certain calibre of person to do this job and that only a few want to give something back to their community to try help your local town be more safer. The comments that really really get to me are the ones where people have no idea what powers or uniform specials have. However many times I say they have the same powers and uniform as regulars, it doesn;'t seem to regist…

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. DKStaffs
    Started by DKStaffs,

    Hi again Hope I am not annoying people on here by asking a lot of questions but this is by far the best way to get real honest answers. I seem to remember reading somwhere that if a member of your family works in a security position it may affect your eligibility to be accepted as a Special Constable. I know this is true if you yourself work in Security but Is this true for family members? The reason for this question is my Son has just applied to a distribution centre for a Security Officers job. Any help with this would be appreciated. Regards Dale

    • 1 reply
    • 981 views
  8. DKStaffs
    Started by DKStaffs,

    Hi everyone Not sure if i need to worry about this or not. 4 or 5 years ago I owned a transit van that I only used now and then, due to the infrequent use i had allowed the tax to run out by about 3 or 4 days (I did not SORN it; STUPID BOY) One day whilst i was at work my wife had allowed a friend to use the van and he had been quite rightly pulled over by staffordshires finest on a motorcycle. he was given a £60.00 fixed penalty and to my supprise so was I (because I was the registered keeper) fair comment really. I have declared this on my application. So my question is :- Does any one think this will stand in the way of my application to be accepted as a Specia…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. Ria123
    Started by Ria123,

    Hi, is there anyone else on here starting training this Saturday (27th)? Anyone else from Tamworth? Can't believe it has come round so quick, getting nervous now.

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  10. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-11806927 The policeman shot and blinded by gunman Raoul Moat has switched on the Christmas lights in his home town of Stafford. Pc David Rathband was shot in the face as he sat in his patrol car in Newcastle upon Tyne in July. He said it was "an absolute honour" to perform the ceremony after members of the public nominated who they wanted. Mr Rathband has said that he "bore no malice" towards Moat, who later shot himself in Rothbury, Northumberland. Moat shot his ex-girlfriend Samantha Stobbart and her new boyfriend Chris Brown - killing him - before attacking Pc Rathband. He was found following a massive manhunt in Northumberla…

    • 0 replies
    • 901 views
  11. leachc2
    Started by leachc2,

    cannock specials on you tube showing people what we do .... also a feature on midlands today showing the epic and ongoing good work that we are doing..

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. DKStaffs
    Started by DKStaffs,

    Hi I am 42 and am just starting the process of volunteering to join the special constabulary, am I delusional or are there people my age that still join? Your thought would be appreciated. Regards Dale

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 2k views
  13. Tom Joy
    Started by Tom Joy,

    When do I request the station I want to work at? During training?

    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. DKStaffs
    Started by DKStaffs,

    Hi Does any one know how the scoring is done on the assesment day? If say for example you fail the written report test but pass all other elements, will this be a fail overall? I'm sure I am letting this get to more than I need to. Any feed back would be appreciated. Regards Dale

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. DKStaffs
    Started by DKStaffs,

    Hi Does any one know what the Special Constable retention is? Basicly do Specials stay as specials for many years or is there a big turnover and constant recruiting. Regards Dale

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.