Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. jenlonglegs
    Started by jenlonglegs,

    Hey Everyone Final stage tomorrow...yikes! Anyone else? Curious to know how many of us are going to be there..Does anyone know if we are there for the full day or just when you get called for your drugs test you can go?? Oh yeah and to wish all the new recruits the best of luck on their first day tomorrow :-) jen

    • 5 replies
    • 465 views
  2. stevie29
    Started by stevie29,

    Hi there guys hope your all well, i dont no what the answers r to this q but hope a few of you could help me out. I have left th Army 2 years ago and applied for strathclde last November but when i was called to do sets and fittness i couldnt make it due to a family death, i tried applying yesterday and was told that i would have to wait a year before i can apply, im gutted another year they probobally wont even be recruiting again but im trying to keep myself motivated by continuing to train and studying hard and learning about the force hopefully it will fly by. Iam living in N I reland and have got a lot to do, its such a big move for me and my family but im prepaerd…

    Follow The Sapper
  3. stevie29
    Started by stevie29,

    hi folks my dad lost his licence 15 years ago shoul i declare this to them.Also does anyone no the answer to this question ive applied to a few forces Grampian were i failed the set my wife then was offerd a job in Essex and i applied for them but my wifes job fell through and i withdrew then i looked into fife but i had to withdraw for family reasons not to mention they said they lost my application and wanted me to reapply again but when i looked into strathclyde i was really impressed by them so i applied Aug 09 and was due to take my sets and fittness in November 09 but because of a death in my family i had to withdraw again i wrote to them and i recived a letter from…

    • 1 reply
    • 456 views
  4. Shadow161546081169
    Started by Shadow161546081169,

    Hey all, I've applied for the specials intake which was in March. The closing date was about 2 weeks ago and I've not had letter since about if my application was accepted or not. Last year when I applied I got a reaponse fairly fast is say about a week or so after the closing date. Out of interest should I wait a bit longer or contact recruitment about this. Thanks

    • 23 replies
    • 3.1k views
  5. Action Dan
    Started by Action Dan,

    Any one else starting on this date?

    • 25 replies
    • 2.7k views
    Follow The Sapper
  6. Pete1546620600
    Started by Pete1546620600,

    Hi guys and gals, a wee question, does anyone know what the nickname for Strathclydes old HQ was? It's maybe going back to the 1970s and I can't seem to find it.

    • 2 replies
    • 513 views
  7. steviep
    Started by steviep,

    Hi All, Just had letter to confirm i am being posted to U Division, don't know specific area though told i will find out next week at Jackton. Regards, StevieP

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. cjdj1
    Started by cjdj1,

    Hi, I ve just got my date for my medical (if my final interview is successful!!). Can anyone tell me what to expect? Thanks, Craig

    • 1 reply
    • 693 views
    scottishchicky
  9. R3con
    Started by R3con,

    Evening folks, Anyone fancy a night in the town? (Details to obviously only be PM between us)... Mainly aimed at the Sept 09 Intake.. but as usual all are welcome (Specials, Regulars!) The night out on the 11th of December was a blast! So if anyone is interested PM me and at the minimum we can get a night out on the tables again for the near future!! Cheers.

    • 35 replies
    • 2.4k views
  10. amitchell36
    Started by amitchell36 * ,

    Hi folks, I got a letter today saying that my application was unsuccesful. What im wondering is can I apply again in the future or is that it, move onto another force? As expected the letter doesnt state a reason. Good thing I suppose is that I can continiue training to get my fitness up. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Allan

    • 3 replies
    • 634 views
  11. dws85
    Started by dws85,

    Afternoon all, After very much consideration I am applying to join Lothian & Borders Police, just wanted to know about the procedure about training and what the force is like. Have been serving in my force for over two years and need to progress further now. dws

    • 4 replies
    • 2.4k views
  12. steviep
    Started by steviep,

    Hi All, Just back from shop at Jackton and staff informed me that the intake on April 26th will have 46 recruits from Strathclyde. Regards StevieP

    • 1 reply
    • 562 views
    Scotia1546081133
  13. kfc84
    Started by kfc84,

    Looking for some reassurance here... submitted my app yesterday and i declared my speeding tickets (2 x 3 points in 2003 and 2005) and also that between 2003 - 2006 i received approx 3 parking tickets. Now, i used the word approx as i could not remember the dates (going back 5 and 6 years) and i could also not remember how many i had definately had. So if vetting pulls up ive had 6 parking tickets and not 3 as stated is this likely to disqual me? or will the approx save me? I honestly cannot remember as was in my student days at uni. Worried that parking tickets combined with my 6 points makes me a little dubious on the road traffic side.... Thanks

  14. C9URK
    Started by C9URK * ,

    I passed my intial interview back in Feb this year, I know the vetting takes a while but I was wondering if anyone else who had their interview around this time has heard anything or recieved their final intervie date? Cheers

  15. steviep
    Started by steviep,

    Hi all, Anybody starting at Jackton on the 26th April from the Ayrshire Area? stevieP

    • 13 replies
    • 1.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.