Police Scotland
2332 topics in this forum
-
alright folks, Anyone heard any more about the change of training for strathclyde? I hear its happening soon, and itll be 10 weeks, then on the job training. Let me know what you do! Gingey
-
Starting at Jackton on the 26th and had the Uniform Fitting a few weeks ago, it's probably just nerves and everything else flying around my head before I start but I'm assuming that after I signed for all the gear at the supplies dept that everything is then forewarded to Jackton prior to the start date. There is no requirement for me to pick up the uniform to then take it to jacktopn for the induction. A silly question
-
- 2 replies
- 783 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Full set of SET practice booklets (Numeracy, Language and Reasoning,) as seen at Amazon etc, going free to a good home. Some pencil markings on them. Complete with answers. Only requirement is you have to be genuine applicant for L&B and you donate them on when you've finished with them! If you are interested PM me.
-
Good evening gents and gentettes. Just realised this site had a tayside section! The joys! Been lurking this forum for a wee while now, thought I'd finally post something. How's the finest Special Constabulary in the UK doing today then? Anyone else here from the autumn 2009 intake? Thanks folks, take it easy! Scott
-
I noticed this fairly new addition to the Strathclyde police wikipedia article: Wikipedia - Strathclyde Police Is there any truth to this, or has it fallen foul of wiki vandalism? ---- Andrew.
-
Hi I will be doing my intitial fitness test for the regulars in the not too distant future and am aware that they will take your height & weight for BMI measurement along with a waist measurement. Only if this is satisfactory will you be permitted to take the test. Does anybody know what the parameters actually are for satisfactory measurements? I ask as following a successful bulk last year and an injury toward the end of the year (okay plus a little extra Christmas Weight ) sees me tipping the scales at a massive 13st 1lb, which at 5'11" gives me a BMI of 25.5, which would appear to make me overweight ( :D ). It just shows what a ridiculous scale BMI is, however …
-
hi just been offered post at strathclyde only thing is that i have poor spelling particiularly names and address, i been to uni gota degree so im smart enough just cant spell ...concerned how this will play out in the job . i.e taking statements etc ... would this be something that i could work around or will it be something that will cause problems that could affect whehter or not i get pass the 1st 2 years? please dont suggest spelling books etc i 32 and you know old dog new tricks ... thanks for your views
-
Anyone else have their fitting today, finally seems so real, can't wait for the 26th to arrive. Whereabouts is everyone starting then from, anyone from down Inverclyde way.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So is today the start of the new bounty for the coming year?
-
Anyone know a decent place to find some practice SET's ??? Willing to pay for them
-
Hey folks, It's only been just over a week since I sent my application, however I was just curious as to how long I should expect to be waiting to hear from the recruitment team? Thanks, Marty
-
Hi, new to all this. Was wandering as a special constable is it then easier to become a police constable? I'm looking to apply to be a special at Kent police as I really want to join the MET police. Would this be a good platform to more job opportunites within the force? Thanks
-
What is said in training regarding boots? Is it better to wait for the start of training to get them or ordering them up asap? And what boots do you have/are you thinking of getting?
-
Hi guys, was just wondering how many of us will be there and is planning on serving in Western? Thanks John.
-
Hi I've heard rumours that the payment scheme may be stopped. Anybody know anything?