Police Scotland
2332 topics in this forum
-
Hi all Im fairly new on here, i have posted before however due to knee surgery i had to pull application out of process but i have now sent application back and waiting on letter-i have had it confirmed that Jacton has recieved my app but just a waiting game like most of us now. Nic
-
- 1 reply
- 386 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi Guys, Just curious if we have to wear suit and tie for the medical and uniform fitting? Sounds like a bit of a daft question but I thought I would ask anyway? Cheers
-
Can anyone tell me if Lothian and Borders are able to provide houses for officers?
-
I was just wondering if anyone was able to private message me or post on here if it's allowed with who is signed up to the SPRA, I missed the talk in Jackton because my group was getting their picture taken. I noticed some companies were on it's home page but I was wondering if there is any more that is signed up to it?
-
Just a quick post to say that any future Special Constable applicants for Strathclyde Police will have to sit the Standard Entrance Test.. What's everyones thoughts on this?
-
This debate is open to specials and regulars alike. What are your thoughts relating to two specials neighbouring up and patrolling on foot? This was mentioned a significant number of times within my Sub-Division although I have heard nothing more about it since before Christmas. What I would say, is that at least one of the special constables would have to have a significant amount of experience (bread and butter stuff) with a Sgt. being only a P2P away for more complex calls/issues. Positives: Specials are not sitting in the office whilst their neighbour completes necessary paperwork, such patrols contribute towards the force's aim of visible police patrols in the co…
-
Seen some forces down South have started to wear name badges on their uniform displaying their full name. Suppose to reassure the public and build a better relationship with the Police as there not just seeing a badge number, but getting to know who they are actually dealing with. Think this will get rolled out across the UK? How would you feel having to display your full name as most Specials work in the area they live. I would have thought this might have been a security issue as people could easily find out details of where you live etc...
-
Hey fellas and felines! Ive been told ill be in for august if all goes well. Anyone else?
-
- 16 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
I recieved my letter on 19th March to say my application was successful and to await date for fitness and SET. Is anyone else at this stage? Does anyone know how long it normally takes between these stages? I've been out running and didn't realise just how unfit I was, starting to panic incase the next stage comes arount too quickly... Thanks for any responses! Jules
-
- 21 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I'm due to start on the 8th of June. I just wondered what the deal was with shifts if you have something planned? I've booked a concert in November for my girlfriend's birthday, and we usually stay through in glasgow if we're at a gig. If i was rostered on for those day (it's a friday night so into Saturday morning) are you able to ask someone if you could swap a shift, or would I be using a couple of days of what is left of my annual leave after the college break? Just one of those things that I haven't asked anyone or no one has told me. And I want to book a hotel but don't know if there's much point. Also. What is the shift pattern for us? I know roughly but i…
-
- 2 replies
- 549 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm 23 and have almost 3years as a reg and 2 as a special; however, a personal bugbear of mine is when many MoPs (generally women) and a handful of long-in-the-tooth colleagues seem to believe that someone my age isn't capable to be a cop. I obviously disagree with this as i was a trainee lawyer before joining the police full time and (i like to think) i have a broad life experience for someone my age but should this opinion be given credence? Personally i wouldn't dream of not listening to someone just because of their age but clearly many do. In short then, should the minimum age be increased to say 30 and the service reduced to 25years or is it right for 18year olds t…
-
Hi All, Going up to Jackton on the 26th April.Wondering if any you guys can tell me where to get plain black shorts,other than the crappy nylon football ones that the usual sports shops sell. Regards StevieP
-
Hi Folks, Just wanted to see if there was anyone else who has their SET on this date? And how preparations are going!? Looking forward to hearing from you all.
-
- 0 replies
- 285 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone, Just thought I'd share this with you all. I have been out running frequently for the last few weeks and have managed to get my mile and a half to 10m35secs best time, but I have been a little worried of the beep test incase they use that instead. I did the best thing possible today and would recommend it to anyone. I hired half a sports hall locally (cost me about £6) and I had downloaded the beep test and played it out in the hall on my ipod. To my amazement I managed 12.1 the first time and 11.1 the second time, which followed my mates gruelling 30minute circuit training. I have stopped worrying about the fitness side of things as I now know what to exp…