Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. intox
    Started by intox,

    First post here i know, so hi guys Have my final interview in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone would be so nice as to pm me with some tips as to what i can expect? Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 451 views
  2. garygary86
    Started by garygary86,

    Thought I would post this to get a bit more info and to help anyone else in the same situation. I have just applyed and passed the paper sift. Was wondering if someone who has been through the process give us a general runthrough of what to expect at each stage. For example the first interview... whats it about... do you have to study up on the likes of tulliallan etc... do they let you know what you have to talk about... and so on for all the stages. thanks in advance. G

    • 0 replies
    • 567 views
  3. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    anyone else got their initial interview next week, or monday specifically?

    • 2 replies
    • 597 views
  4. Emma2805
    Started by Emma2805,

    Hey guys, Hoping to apply at the end of the month. Should my application be successful what's the time frame like between then, going through SET tests/ interviews and actually "starting"? Just so i know roughly how long it is from application stage through to "handing your notice in" stage. Thanks in advance

    • 9 replies
    • 900 views
  5. port
    Started by port,

    As the title, I was having a quick look at the application form, and it seems there are none of the CQB questions I've heard so much about with other forces. Are there supposed to be none, or am I missing something? DJ

    • 5 replies
    • 939 views
  6. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    guys n gals, Have initial looming very shortly, I'm happy with divisional prep,ranks,tully set up and modules,diversity etc, practiced structured interview questions too. Done the station visit thing (twice)... now running out of ideas of anything else I can do, any tips on nerve control lol and any last minute things i may have forgotten. cheers in advance and good luck to all the new names starting to appear on here.

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  7. cjdj1
    Started by cjdj1,

    Hi, is anyone else starting at fettes on 8th June? I was thinking of seeing if people fancied meeting up for a night beforehand? Thanks, Craig

  8. SK1983
    Started by SK1983 * ,

    I have recently applied and on getting my visual acuity form done it was found that I was mildly red/green colour blind. Obviously the Strathclyde force have taken a firmer stance on colour vision standards so I was wondering if it may be a blanket no or if any other colour blindies do exist in Strathclyde Police?

    • 0 replies
    • 587 views
  9. Steve211546620575
    Started by Steve211546620575,

    Have you received a start date yet? I'm aware some people from that date are starting in June, just wondering if it's the same for everyone else.

    • 3 replies
    • 539 views
  10. ali boy
    Started by ali boy,

    http://search.bbc.co.uk/click/p/1/ds/lates...8686436%252estm what do you all think about this.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
    scottyboy1546081036
  11. R3con
    Started by R3con,

    Evening folks! Excuse my non-activeness on the forums just now! Reall life has been coming first! But im on every now and then and i do check the posts for moderation issues Anyway... I am heading out a week on friday with some of the new intake thats currently training just now, and if anyone want to tag along text me (as some of you have my number) or PM me on this for my number/times and locations! For purposes of my own, im only opening this offer to existing police staff/officers (Reg or special) If you cant make it then there is no need to post! Please do keep chit chat to a minimum so peope can see who is coming as i know certain peeps only come if there chum …

    • 2 replies
    • 850 views
  12. EuanS
    Started by EuanS,

    I got the "I regret to inform you... I am unable to offer you an appointment..." letter today! So I didnt pass the paper sift I phoned Jackton to see if they could say why, and I was told that I didnt pass the sift because "the standard of my form" wasnt good enough and there were mistakes (in retrospect she might have said - there could have been mistakes) I will apply again next year so have been over my form but I cant see any mistakes and it was submitted by email so there cant be an issue with neatness, handwriting etc - theres even a spell check built into the pdf thingy! Is this a standard answer and is it worth phoning back to see if I can get a more specifi…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. garygary86
    Started by garygary86,

    Hi folks. Just signed up to this forum, alot of good info avaliable on here. I applied for SP last month by e-mail and recieved my letter today to let me know I will be sitting the SETs Well chuffed. Need to get out running now, not looking forward to it as I'm still recovering from a bad ankle sprain in January, so I've not done any exercise as such in nearly 5 months but my physio gave me the thumbs up to start running today so its all good. Any suggestions on how to start and build up to 12 minutes over 1.5? I ran 1 mile in 12 minutes last week at the gym but that was running and walking because of my ankle. Are the papers anything like the ones on the SP websit…

    Follow The Sapper
  14. macman88
    Started by macman88,

    Woo first post! I am thinking of applying to become a Special for CSP and I just wanted to ask a couple of questions regarding the medical. What does it involve? How strict are they with BMI? I know it should normally be between 18-30. Mine is currently at about 35. I'm not the fittest guy but I do consider myself to be reasonably fit. Just asking as I don't want to go through the entire process and fail at the end. Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 5.5k views
  15. AndrewZinc
    Started by AndrewZinc,

    Strathclyde has published it's annual statistical report: Strathclyde Police Annual Report 09/10 Statistical Supplement The number of Special Constables as of 31st March: 2010 573 +118 2009 455 +132 2008 323 -18 2007 341 Of the current 573 Specials, 368 are male and 205 are female or 64% to 36%. This compares to 73% and 27% for the regulars. And finally, Strathclyde Specials completed 45,702 hours of duty in 08/09 but a massive 70,160 in 09/10! And another 100 Specials in training! Not looking too shabby.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1k views
    scottyboy1546081036

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.