Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. Tribus
    Started by Tribus * ,

    Hi All, Could anyone please advise me as to what would be appropriate to wear to the SET. My instinct would be shirt and tie but would just like to check what other people done. Thanks in advance Good luck to everyone

    • 6 replies
    • 740 views
  2. sa2ayr
    Started by sa2ayr,

    Howzit folks, Just wondering if anyone else is waiting for their results after sitting SET's on wednesday 23rd June and how did you feel that they went? I was pretty pleased with the language and info handling, however felt the Nmubers paper was quite tough. I'd bought and practiced the past papers, not failing once, but the numbers paper i felt was quite a bit trickier than any in the practice papers. Needless to say i left feeling a little deflated, but fingers crossed the results come in soon and are ok. Im sure recruitment said on the day that we'd hear back in a few days, but i'm taking it with a pinch of salt. lol if all goes well its the fitness in 2-3 wks time,…

    • 4 replies
    • 568 views
  3. sean dempsey
    Started by sean dempsey,

    Well i figure we should have a chat thread, to prevent nine million posts on the same thing! If you have a question, or want to gabber, this is definately the place! What are you're thoughts/opinions on this? Agree/disagree? Orrabest Ginge

    • 4 replies
    • 922 views
    Steve211546620575
  4. AndrewZinc
    Started by AndrewZinc,

    Thought I would start this topic for those interested in joining the next Specials intake (September 2010). Please reply if you are thinking of applying or are already in the process. I myself, failed the regular interview and was advised to try the Specials. I was in time for the March intake but had to have an operation and was deferred. Therefore, I'm almost certainly in the September 2010 intake. Still have to have my uniform fitting and drugs test nearer the time. It would be good to hear from others who might end up on the intake and I can offer advice if needed. Only 5 months to go! ---- Andrew.

    • 57 replies
    • 4.5k views
  5. glinds
    Started by glinds,

    Hi guys, passed my S.E.T.'s!!!! Was quite glad it wasn't too long a wait to find out though,all this waiting drives me mad! My fitness is going to be on the 29th June anyone else the same? Was also wondering the set-up for the fitness, do you run as a group or individually and how is it timed?

  6. Fatass
    Started by Fatass,

    I've just read that someone's been waiting 6 months for the Strathclyde Vetting Process to be completed! I applied in June/July 2009 and got my initial interview Apr 2010, I'm now waiting for the vetting process to be completed. At the initial interview I was told the vetting would take no more than 2 months! Perhaps that's now changed and Strathclyde are slowing their recruiting down? I called and they denied a slow down. Are others experiencing long delays? Is six months really how long it takes now to get through the vetting process?

  7. steviec19
    Started by steviec19,

    Does anyone know the actual procedure for vetting? My references have been contacted and i know they have checked into my credit history, just wondering if anyone knows if the background checks will have been carried out first or whether they are last to be done. Thanks for any info in advance guys. Stevie

    • 2 replies
    • 557 views
  8. Liiam
    Started by Liiam,

    Hello my name is Liam. I have just sent my application to Northern Constabulary, just wondered if any one else has? Closing date is next month. I am looking forward to hearing back from them as I failed my English SET test on 12/01/10 with Grampain Police. Although, I am nervous they will decline my application though. Liam

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  9. Poppy64
    Started by Poppy64 * ,

    Hi folks, just new to the forum, letter in this morning to go to Jackton for SET, end of July, does not mention fitness on the letter, will that be at a later date? thought fitness on the same day if pass all 3 papers, anyone else due to go.............

  10. JDL
    Started by JDL,

    Hi Folks, I’ve been looking through the various different discussion forums and I see that a number of districts down south have frozen recruitment. According to the Strathclyde Police website they are still recruiting however this has maybe still to be updated. Does anyone have any further info? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 586 views
    Pete1546620600
  11. Morse1546080805
    Started by Morse1546080805,

    How much would a Glesga taxi cost from Bishopbriggs to the city centre - 5 miles? Ta much.

    • 3 replies
    • 744 views
    Morse1546080805
  12. SZ86
    Started by SZ86,

    Hi Just wondering if anyone has been told how much they are going to get paid for the Recognition Scheme? One Serg said to me today I'll be getting about £500 odd he has put me through for 7months?? Thanks

    • 27 replies
    • 3.3k views
  13. AndrewZinc
    Started by AndrewZinc,

    After the below posts from bryan.millar, I was wondering whether Strathclyde Specials are evenly distributed through the divisions: I asked if it really was only 4 out of 100! The latest figure for Specials was 573 (31/03/10) which wouldn't take into account the latest intake above. If you divide that by the eight divisions, you get about 70. Does that seem about right? Alternatively, if you break the divisions down by resident population, 100 Specials should be divided: 'U' Division: 16 'B' Division: 15 'N' Division: 15 'G' Division: 14 'Q' Division: 14 'K' Division: 12 'L' Division: 8 'A' Division: 6 So, four for 'A' is about right in one intake. And the…

    • 0 replies
    • 640 views
  14. plr06
    Started by plr06,

    Anyone else affected by this and being asked to go and sit the test?

    • 7 replies
    • 6.5k views
  15. Bm11
    Started by Bm11,

    Hey I just had my oath of office and will be working in A division, my question is this, i have been invited to a training night on wednesday coming and as this will be my first day out not in training i dont know what to take or what will be involved. Has anyone taking part in A divisions monthly training night, or even better is anyone going :D ?? Thanks!

    • 7 replies
    • 828 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.