Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. Orlov20
    Started by Orlov20,

    I've been thinking about this for a while. I would like to know what the general consensus is on this. Do you think it's possible to not enjoy the Special Constabulary but go on and enjoy being a Police Constable? The reason i bring it up as ; Generaly speaking i didn't like the specials much, for my own reasons and im not going to start to turn this topic into a moaning match, however i genuinly think i would enjoy being a police constable. I'll probably elaborate more as the comments come in! What's your opinion? Look forward to the responses.

    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Austin81
    Started by Austin81,

    Hey I have my assessment at tulli on 9th Sept, was wondering if anyone could tell me the time limit for the 1.5m run. Iv seen 15,14,12 min depending on age but cant find confirmation. Any help would be much appreciated. I will be 29 by the assessment date. Thx in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 692 views
  3. Claire251546620654
    Started by Claire251546620654 * ,

    Hi guys, I got my a letter on the 26th of May saying they are just waiting on a date for me to sit SET to become available. Just wondering if anyone else is in that boat at the moment and if so have they started going over pass papers etc. I know its going to be along waut i just want to be in the police force so badly and its frustrating not knowing how long it may take, if its going to happen. Claire

    • 6 replies
    • 751 views
    sean dempsey
  4. sean dempsey
    Started by sean dempsey,

    Alrighty people, When do you make your division preference known? Im in two minds as to whether or not to phone jackton about it, as i had a feeling i said it in the interview! But dont want to bug them. Any help is appreciated! Ginge

    • 15 replies
    • 1.5k views
  5. suzwhite
    Started by suzwhite,

    Just passed my final panel interview for Lothian and Borders today.........hasn't sunk in yet, but I'm on top of the world!

  6. ali boy
    Started by ali boy,

    im wanting to join as a regular when im eighteen. i play American Football at the weekends so how much chance would i have of being able to take some saturdays and sundays off for traning, games ect. also cause i want to join when i hit 18 shuld i go and try to get into the regs or should i try for the specials insted. the answers would be much apreciatted. thanks Ali

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  7. ryanv
    Started by ryanv,

    I have recently heard that there is plans to cut back time at tulli to 6 weeks and that most of the training will take place at jackton was just wondering, does anyone know if this is true or just roumors??

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. LittleBird99
    Started by LittleBird99,

    Hi just wondered if any other old codgers out there? I am 38, female and trying to fit in training around 3 kids, beiing a childminder and an evening job (working 3 nights a week). My friends think I am superwoman and not doing too bad if I do say so myself!! I am managing 1.5 miles in just under 15 minutes, which is the allowance for the more mature person!! Need to get quicker though. Just wondered if anyone else out there juggling lots of balls? Just had letter to say on list to do the SETs. TTFN.

    • 5 replies
    • 848 views
  9. suzi1875
    Started by suzi1875,

    Hi Ladies/Gents, I go up to the AC @ Tulli end of August. I realise that the intake per 2 days is quite high and was just wondering if anyone had a handle on the success rate from those 2 days in terms of just passing the AC? Thanks in advnace, Suz

    • 3 replies
    • 2k views
  10. glasgowdavid85
    Started by glasgowdavid85,

    Just looking for a heads up please if possible. I have picked A Division and was wondering what is the verdict on the best Sub Division to go to? What is it that your daily Tour of Duty consist of? Is it mainly walking the beat in the town? Do you ever go anywhere by vehicle? I know I won't be driving. I have been looking for a while now in town to see if I can see any Specials but you don't seem to see a lot working in Glasgow City Centre at night.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.5k views
  11. superman1546081181
    Started by superman1546081181,

    Hi Guys Just wondering how many people have or are going to apply now after your one year trial period shall we call it is up. Was anyone thinking about applying when you first joined, but now changed your mind after getting a taste of things one year on? I know the March 09 intake was one of the biggest, with a lot of them in a hurry to join after the year was up. Just seeing if that's still the case??

    • 2 replies
    • 716 views
    superman1546081181
  12. cadvan
    Started by cadvan,

    Hi guys, I'm new here. I am in the process of applying to L and B, on the application form can anyone give me any advice on the section that asks for any additional information that may be relevent to your application? any other advice on any topic would be great also. Thanks

  13. Edinburgh Jim
    Started by Edinburgh Jim * ,

    Hello I applied to L&B last year and unfortunately failed my fitness test. I was gutted. I've had time to mull over everything and am reapplying. On the application from - does EVERY questions need to be answered? The one about giving an example of when you have shown respect for someone else's culture, beliefs and lifestyle us giving me bother. I can't think of one specific example. Not at this moment anyway. Hmmm. J

    • 1 reply
    • 575 views
  14. glinds
    Started by glinds,

    Hi guys, just passed the fitness test today and I'm needing some help in preparing for the interview stage. I'm just not sure the sort of things I should be studying and what will be expected of me, any help would be appreciated, Graham.

    • 1 reply
    • 721 views
  15. ali boy
    Started by ali boy,

    Hi all. iv been a member a wile now but not posted anything. im only 16 at the moment and i want to join when im 18. i play american football on sundays and games on some saturdays, i would like to know how possible it would be for me to attend. i would also like to know do people with deslexyia get any extra time in the SET ect thanks Alistair.

    • 1 reply
    • 392 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.