Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. monkeyface
    Started by monkeyface,

    Hi All, Just thought I would start a thread for all those waiting to start in April after months of the start date being put back. Hopefully it will go ahead this time. Look forward to hearing from you all.

  2. amac22
    Started by amac22,

    I recieved my acceptance letter today. unifrom fitting booked come on sept 5th. Cya all on the 5th

    • 2 replies
    • 774 views
  3. KJM1546081229
    Started by KJM1546081229,

    Hello, I am an 18 year old University Student, currently interested in becoming a Special Constable with Strathclyde Police in the near future, intending to apply for the March 2011 intake. Graciously, I would like to ask the community for some clarification on a few issues. While reading the 'requirements of a good special constable' page on the Strathclyde website, I came across the list of noted conflicts of interest with the service, and I am currently uncertain as to whether I am unable to successfully apply for the role, due to working part-time for WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC as a checkout operator, with a part of the exemption list including: "staff of licenc…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. Gareth_6621
    Started by Gareth_6621,

    Hey guys, got my final panel tomorrow morning and am just wanting to know if anyone has any final tips to help ease the nerves? I think I got most things covered, force specifics and competencies, so its just a matter of turning up on time and fighting through the nerves...!

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Orlov20
    Started by Orlov20,

    All, Is the old style body armour still in operation? I'm out at the weekend and i have the old style one,hope it won't be an issue? I've not saw many cops with them on now, it seems to be the new Blue/White chequered ones with the zip up the front. P.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. Orlov20
    Started by Orlov20,

    Does some sort of scheme exsist whereby long-standing members of the special consabulary receieve recoginition?

    • 1 reply
    • 779 views
  7. Orlov20
    Started by Orlov20,

    All, I've received the scheduled training events from Div training (N div) for the next 12 months, really looking forward to it all. I took particular interest in the sudden death input and the trip to the mortuary. Has anyone been? what's it like? P.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.6k views
  8. nick911e
    Started by nick911e,

    Hi Is anyone at Tulliallan for the Shared Recruiment Assesment Days tomorrow? Not sure what to expect really! Nick

  9. bandq
    Started by bandq,

    A friend of mine is learning braille for her job and asked me, but this is a bit after my time Does Strathclyde now have braille on the warrant cards ? And is it a sticker on the card itself or a metal bar thingy on the wallet ? Sorry if this has been covered already.

    • 32 replies
    • 4.3k views
  10. KimGus85
    Started by KimGus85,

    Is it ok just to turn up in t-shirt and shorts or turn up in smart casual ?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. SC874
    Started by SC874,

    Has anyone picked up on the latest announcements as part of David Cameron's "Big Society"? Theresa May has announced that as part of the Governments planned Police Reform, the number of Police Specials should be increased from 14,000 to level's around 67,000 as seen in the 50's under the "Police Reserve Force". http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/7911537/Theresa-May-unveils-radical-police-shake-up-plans.html Ok so we in Scotland operate under our own policies. However you can bet that the powers that be here in Bonnie Scotland,will be looking into these announcements and keeping a close on on them with a view for change here also. Is this a More Spec…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. H18BYM
    Started by H18BYM,

    Hi all, I've got my first court citation next week. Can anyone advise if I wear blacks, and how I go about claiming back any salary I might lose? Cheers

    • 9 replies
    • 4.3k views
  13. Lucozade
    Started by Lucozade,

    • 0 replies
    • 4.6k views
  14. Gone
    Started by Gone,

    According to these figures, there have been 78 assaults on Grampian Police Officers in the period April 2009 - March 2010. So if Grampian have 1544 Regulars and Specials (according to Wikipedia!), that equates to about 5% of officers. Does anyone know the rough figure for the number of frontline officers? Because 5% seems very low when you consider that a fair proportion of officers are not on uniformed response duties. What do you think? Ta.

    • 0 replies
    • 4.5k views
  15. pcwannabe123
    Started by pcwannabe123,

    Hi Guys - I'm pretty new to this and looking for some " hopefull " encouragement I'm a wee bit older than most of the readership probebly, being a young 41 .. and was wondering ... Are there any of you guys in the same age bracket ? I'm hoping to be ready for the intake in March next year, and going to gym as often as my job allows Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Geo :o) " Somewhere in the lower Shires of Strathclyde "

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 845 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.