Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. jimbo1231546081058
    Started by jimbo1231546081058,

    Any ideas where I can buy an Events Earpiece from as I was never issued with one? Cheers, Jim

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 2k views
  2. superman1546081181
    Started by superman1546081181,

    Anybody put in for this before? I started on the Sept 09 intake and i know on the intranet it says you need to wait 1 year before you can get this. Do you just put the claim in Scope for your SGT to approve?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
    tackleberry2010
  3. KimGus85
    Started by KimGus85,

    Hey Class Remember to read up on the CS information pack !!! , can't wait to see/feel the affects lol

    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Heid the Baw
    Started by Heid the Baw,

    Hi folks Thinking at the very initial stage of a transfer. Ideally I would be looking to head over to the US. I am wondering if anyone can give me more information on this, although I am aware that Strathclyde have a minimum 3 year service before you can apply however taken on a case to case basis. If anyone can tell me anyone who has or who they know, or has thought about transferring abroad, then I would appreciate it. Ta Heid the Baw!

    • 0 replies
    • 457 views
  5. miss_chocolate
    Started by miss_chocolate,

    Hey Guys!! I'm new on here and was wondering if some of you could help me out please??!! Got my FINAL interview for Specials in a couple of weeks and looking for some pointers if poss. I've visited my local station and had a couple of very interesting chats with a regular and also a special - who advised I had a look on here. I must say I'm really impressed with some of your posts!! Its great to see that the Specials just get treated like Regulars. Has anyone got any good examples of this?? How do you Specials enjoy the role?? If all goes well and fingers crossed - I should be starting training in Sept!! Anyone else hoping to do the same? Thanks :lol:

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 6.6k views
  6. ablue
    Started by ablue,

    After reading through some of the posts in the forum, I recognise that most specials seem to do more work during later hours. I would prefer to work an early shift from 7am - 3/4pm (or whatever the times are). Is this a good time still to be a special and is there still work available to do during this time like patrols, calls etc. Thanks (btw passed my interview and now waiting for vetting to be completed)

    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. Orlov20
    Started by Orlov20,

    Ladies/Gents Anyone heard any speculation? I heard through the grapevine that they may open up recruitment for Special->regular only at some point in the near future? P.

      • Like
    • 54 replies
    • 4.3k views
  8. christine88
    Started by christine88 * ,

    hey all, im currently employed as a security officer and willing to leave my well payed job to enable me to join the specials as im still verry keen to become a police officer.. But will they freeze the special constables due to alota people applying(as its the only way to get in the police now days)....ima little scared about it all dont wanna go getta lower payed job for nothing?? any ideas or opinions,ild be most grateful... your more than welcome to email me back at 88kanji@gmail.com THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, kind regards Christine x

    • 2 replies
    • 806 views
  9. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    Great new series for those who are having any police withdrawel symptoms or fed up of cops on cameras etc lol... let us know what you think peeps

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 3k views
  10. Scotsman
    Started by Scotsman,

    No-one has created a thread about Taggart yet? That's shocking I think it started around three weeks ago, but I might be wrong. So what you all think about the new episodes? They said it was going to be ''gruesome'' but mainly everything which has happened in it since it started basically happens everyday in Glasgow. :D Anyone know how long it's going to last?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
    kjmcculloch1546080801
  11. Police Constable 1
    Started by Police Constable 1 +,

    Hey guys Im going to apply for the regs up in Scotland (I live down in England) but just trying to decide which force to go for, Im split between Northern and Grampian. so what are the pro's and con's of living and working in Northern? is it a good force to work for? how would I be treated in Northern being from England? is there any anti english? Thanks Ste

    • 6 replies
    • 6.7k views
  12. DAC2190
    Started by DAC2190,

    Just wondered ho was going for their yearly soreness tomorrow?

    • 6 replies
    • 3.6k views
  13. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    pm me and see me at ost week after next, i have just collected about 40 wheels from a friend in CID, he collated some for me from division so I can share them out with you guys.

    • 15 replies
    • 1.9k views
  14. Mike.C.
    Started by Mike.C.,

    Hello all, Applied for Tayside Police as a Special Constable and just got the letter today inviting me to the assessment day on the 27th ( 11 days notice ) The letter says that I need to take along signed medical and opticians forms. Any idea how long they have been asking for the forms before you even pass the initial stage? A couple of months back I undertook the two day assessment event at Tulliallan in my attempt to become a regular but was unsuccessful overall, but I passed the SETs and the CTT. I was under the assumption that once these tests were passed they stayed with me for the rest of time? I am going to phone them about this anyway just wondered if anyon…

    • 3 replies
    • 4.6k views
  15. Mr. Happy
    Started by Mr. Happy,

    Evening all, I've been a Special across a couple of English forces over the last few years and I've just recently moved to Glasgow so I thought I'd continue my tradition of spending Friday & Saturday nights running around the streets with a silly hat on. Anyway, I have my initial interview (couldn't do a straight transfer apparently because of the difference in law) next week and I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions or point me in the direction of the information. I swear I've had a fair crack at these already but I can't find the definitive answer from a reliable source. How many Specials are currently serving? Wikipedia says 537 although if …

    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.