Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. KimGus85
    Started by KimGus85,

    Hey Guys&girls Just thought I'd put a wee page up so that we can all share our tales , on how our first tours went and how we are finding it. Happy writing Ps. no been out yet

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.8k views
    Morse1546080805
  2. special04
    Started by special04,

    Hey Guys! I thought i would make a folder for K Div people for the 6th March '11 Special Constable intake. I thought it would be a good idea to get to know each other and, perhaps, if we feel comfortable we could car pool when we go up for training? IT would be less expensive in the long run and it would be nice for all of us to get a break from driving there and back every sunday. Let me know what all you K Div people think. Obv other people can comment here too, if they like or if they want to drive down to K and give us a lift to EK, :-p. Rachael x

    • 19 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    I know that`s where most of us specials are heading but what exactly is it? Does it mean we are going to spend the shifts walking round shopping centres etc..... Not that that is a bad thing but I honestly haven`t got a clue of the role of ComPol.................

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. KimGus85
    Started by KimGus85,

    I am going to be Joining B Division sometime soon (awaiting Oath) ,and I am look for some insight from any serving SPC within B now how they find it. I have read some mixed reviews and I am abit aperhensive ?

    • 10 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. Col1874
    Started by Col1874,

    I've got my interview coming up soon, and in preperation, I have been asked to read up on current media issues. Does anyone have any idea what they mean by 'current media issues' ? Thanks!

    • 7 replies
    • 3.7k views
  6. jelly_toes3
    Started by jelly_toes3 * ,

    hi, does anybody know if the dates have been released for the next intake? Or what the outcome of the personnel sub committee meeting yesterday at the city chambers was? Or even if anybody has been contaced for their final fitness? Or just any news lol

    • 2 replies
    • 828 views
  7. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    Hiya everyone, thought i would be good to find out who is hoping for september 5th at jacton, obviously most of us are just about to get the medical to sign and seal it. Any one heading from falkirk side or N division to Jacton?

      • Like
    • 227 replies
    • 12.4k views
  8. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    Well,I got fed up of "Questions,,,,," So Here they are..................... How do you guys arrange your shifts? If you say "I`m availabe Tuesday ",do you always get a shift? When you went to work yout first shift,did you visit the station before it to introduce your self? At Jakton,do you do physical excersise, i.e running,gym work etc? Did you claim travelling expenses for training at Jakton? Also,I`ve taken a subscription out for this site. It only cost £12 but I think after all the help it has given me throughout my recruitment process it was about time I gave something back.I`m not sure what the advantages are but if it helps keep the site active and free,the…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1k views
  9. jenlonglegs
    Started by jenlonglegs,

    Just to say good luck to all starting at Jackton,see you all next week at Tulliallan...:-) jen

    • 12 replies
    • 1.9k views
  10. Young_wanna_be_cop
    Started by Young_wanna_be_cop,

    Ive come across two Strathclyde police clips on youtube which may be of interest. Is this guy actually obctructing the officer in this clip? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fRXO0t4B7E Also stumbled actoss this one too.

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 2.9k views
  11. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    Sorry for short notice but if there is any of the september intake wana join us in Glasgow saturday night for some beers then either text me and once Ross has organised details I'll let you know, or if you dont have my mobile number PM me on here and I'll forward to you. Kev.

    • 2 replies
    • 606 views
  12. ABZ FLYER
    Started by ABZ FLYER,

    New to the forum, and my first post, so please bear with me!! Have just submitted my application form to become a special, can anyone give me an idea to what happens next in the process and the timescale. I presume once they receive the application form that they start security checks and character witnesses/referees

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 10.5k views
  13. steven_g2011
    Started by steven_g2011,

    Hi there, Im just wondering, do strathclyde police SC's (Primarily "K" division) Get to take their equipment home, e.g. Pava, Autolock baton, body armour and the like? Also can someone give me a list of the equipment issued at Jackton? and what I would have to buy myself.

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 2.7k views
  14. MM84
    Started by MM84,

    Noticed that the OST staff had a good bit more pouches and holders on their belts today than what we are issued with as standard. I'm just wondering if anyone has invested in anything extra for their belt and if so what? I was also wondering if you need to seek permission before adding anything on? I don't have anything in mind that I feel I'd need on top of what we've got but some ppl may have some useful additions I haven't heard of. I noticed the officer in charge had a leatherman and I heard another mention buckle covers...are these available outwith the spra shop as I can't get up mid week? Cheers, Martin

    • 143 replies
    • 8.7k views
  15. Marty4
    Started by Marty4,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-12162004 I wondered what everyone from the Lothian and Borders area thought about the current talks about the possible merger with the Scottish forces? Me personally, although I would like to retain the 8 existing forces with enhanced collaboration, I really don't think that's going to happen so have opted for the 4 forces, because as at least that way, I think that the public's perception could be that there would still be a sense of local police and not just one large faceless organisation for the whole of Scotland. Your thoughts?

    • 6 replies
    • 4.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.