Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. Oliver85
    Started by Oliver85,

    Hey all, Just registered as a member.Have my final interview in a couple of weeks in the hop of being in the may intake. Anyone else inn the same position? Would be good to know how you are getting on.

    • 32 replies
    • 3.9k views
  2. yoshimi87
    Started by yoshimi87,

    hi this is my first post and not sure if this will be answered on here or not but anyway......the reward recognition isnt really explained anywhere or if it is i cant find it. Would someone please let me know (a break down please) how many hours you have to do to qualify. i know you have to do so many many training, events and patrols but not entirely sure how the hours are made up? even if you dont want to post the answer on the forum could you please send me a pm? thanks

    • 14 replies
    • 4k views
  3. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    Anybody got them????? Awfy sore arms today! On a different note,when I got back from OST yesterday the wife took pity on on me and suggested an "early night" and went to gave me a cuddle but I wasn't fooled!! I adopted the stance,used a high block,thrust back and finished off with a thrust kick shouting "get back"! For some reason she didn't speak to me much after that...............

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. kevinp30
    Started by kevinp30,

    Afternoon y'all. Any of the five-day OSTers had any contact year from their respective divisions about getting sworn in, what office you are being sent to etc?

    • 2 replies
    • 952 views
  5. craig1231546080880
    Started by craig1231546080880,

    I was wondering within Strathclyde is it standard procedure to handcuff anyone that is arrested whether or not they are resisting arrest - i was wondering what the force policy is on this? Also is it standard procedure within Strathclyde to be held by the wrists by two officers when being booked into the custody suite - is this for officer safety?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
    scottyboy1546081036
  6. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    So,who will be going to the pre-training breakfast at Mcdonalds? 8.00 suit everybody? That should give us time for a blether and then head up to Jakton for 9.00 Here`s a map.................. http://maps.google.c...875945153819888 Well,I hope there is-I`m not too good with links! It`s on the Queensway if the link doesn`t work!

    • 28 replies
    • 2.8k views
  7. Dizzydee
    Started by Dizzydee,

    Hi, Anyone else doing their OST requalification this coming weekend? Also is anyone heading from the east end and able to give me a lift to Jackton?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Slim82
    Started by Slim82,

    Hey all...!! I have final fitness and medical on Thur 14th... What happens next? Warrent card, outfit, divison etc???? Sooo excited, jst hope I run fast enough and there's no wind!!.

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 2.1k views
    Deleted1546620702
  9. dundee bloke
    Started by dundee bloke,

    With everything being done locally this time round, what are people using as study aids? Everyone always goes on about the same pass-packages whether books or DVDs, but do you think there's anything more beneficial now that we're applying directly to Tayside?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Kaykashi1546620700
  10. Kaykashi
    Started by Kaykashi,

    Hi! So, is there anyone here applying for this specials intake? I'm really excited! Also, this is my first post, so hello everyone!

    • 23 replies
    • 5k views
  11. kfc84
    Started by kfc84,

    The application form I submitted is the old one - can anyone send me a copy of the revised one so I can have a look at it prior to recruitment opening up. I understand the form might be revised again for the new recruitment but I'd like the see what the current questions are like. PM me if you can and i'll send my email address. Cheers, Claire

    • 3 replies
    • 601 views
  12. blackpoolmike
    Started by blackpoolmike,

    after waiting 6yrs for Lancashire police to open up their recruitment doors again, i am dissapointed that they are still not recruiting this year. Im now 26 and my family have been in the police for 120 years over 4 generations (last 2 generations for lancs) and it is all I have ever wanted to do. A few of my friends (PC's for Lancs) suggested I join the specials and wait for them to start recruiting again. As that is what a few of them did originally. So...I've passed the telephone assessment, filled out and sent off the application form and am now awaiting further contact. All I want to know, Is joining as a special really a good way of getting you foot through the…

    • 0 replies
    • 783 views
    blackpoolmike
  13. Andyp1981
    Started by Andyp1981,

    Well guys, I am just back from my honeymoon (which was superb) and got my acceptance letter!! Not only that but I have made an appointment for this Tuesday for my uniform fitting, I can't wait!! Just one question as well for serving strathclyde officers. I have bought adidas gsg9 patrol boots, which I find absolutely superb!! I can run In them very quickly, they are all day comfy, 100 per cent waterproof and a 5 year guarantee!! The only slight fly in the ointment is that the women at jackton said they wouldn't be allowed because they have some stiching on the front. (If you look at pics online you will see) I really don't want any other boots simply because these are the…

    • 5 replies
    • 2.2k views
  14. Marty McFly1546081284
    Started by Marty McFly1546081284,

    this maybe a slightly peculiar question, but when i was at my interview last year, the woman told me I'd have to get my hair cut slightly to above the ears and collar (as it is currently in the justin beiber length/style, and yes i know before anyone says anything ) however when i was booking my uniform fitting the man on the other end informed me it would have be serving officers length in time for the fitting, otherwise the cap wouldn't fit properly, to which when i enquired what that meant his answer was "time to dust off the clippers son" now, I realise obviously my hair needs to be cut, but was wondering if anyone could tell me just how short, or direct me to some…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 2.3k views
    scottyboy1546081036
  15. glinds
    Started by glinds,

    hi,was looking for some help with the weekly breakdowns of the probationers training. I remember reading somewhere week 1 is initial intro at jackton followed by 15 weeks at tulliallan then so many weeks at your station but can't remember where i saw this ,would appreciate any help as my initial interview is looming and i'm up to my eyeballs in notes and web links and still don't know what i should be studying!!!

    • 8 replies
    • 1.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.