Police Scotland
2332 topics in this forum
-
Hi guys, Just wanted to know thoughts of others on being a special const. and wanting or not wanting to join the federation.. will a special really need it ??? or will it be a case of house insurance, you pay it for 40 years and nothing happens..
-
BBC News Link I was watching the news and suddenly BREAKING NEWS, Strathclyde Police office broken into. Presenters laughing their heads off. I wonder how they actually managed to get in? Shows though that anyone can be a victim of crime.
-
my mums just told me she's going to be charged for a driving offence, she hasnt been charged yet but the police who informed her said it could take up to 2 months for it to go through? i didnt know this when i sent off my form, so should i phone recruitment and tell them? as she hasnt actually been charged with anything yet i dont know if it even belongs in the persons you know who have convictions bit?
-
Anybody know when the intakes will be and roughly how many are being drafted in ? Thanks Dan
-
- 2 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Do we have to to anything other than opt in to the scheme and do the required amount of hrs ....., I know hrs are logged on scope but is there anything I must to to make sure I will get the payment ?
-
First time I have visited this site, very like the fairground in Scooby Doo, all the lights are on the fair in full swing, but not a person in sight I met a few of you bods up at Tully last summer at the Specials conference, you were all pretty up for it, also good lads, I remember one of you loosing your car keys and had to get the wife to travel up
-
How is everyone after the weeks OST? I really enjoyed it, thought it was hard going! Wish i had more bruises to show for some of the pain i'm in, lol. It was a good laugh all round, though i had a bad day on tuesday. But the good thing about the week OST, like i said to the inspector (though this was more from a group discussion at lunch), if you have a bad day your not worrying about it the whole week, you just get right back into it the next day. And for me, the wednesday was much better than the previous day! So, for the people that are doing the OST on the sundays, if you have a bad day dont worry about it cause you can just start afresh the next week! Come on guys…
-
-
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone can help me. I received a phone call last week regarding the start of my vetting. Does this still last up to 8 weeks like it did before the freeze? Also,could anyone thats recently had their final interview advise me on what to study and any potential questions i may be asked? Thanks in advance i appreciate it folks.
-
Hi all could anybody tell me how hard the entrance tests/assessments are for the central Scottish police force? Thanks Jonny
-
-
- 90 replies
- 11.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi folks, am thinking about doing a few different shifts in the next couple of months and just wandering what the shift times are for the city centre. Can anyone help me out with this please?? :D
-
Just looking for some confirmation.... Can you work for the prison service and be a Prison officer? . I think the answer in No ? Kim
-
I am one of the lucky few that are due to start with the next intake of Strathclyde regulars. I have a few questions I hope you guys can help me with. Is it still 15 weeks at Tulli or am I right in thinking it was reduced to 12? Are you sworn in at Jackton before you go to tulli. Is this just the same process as you go through when being sworn in as a Special? The induction pack asks to bring plain white t shirts and plain black shorts. But how plain is plain? Would a small logo be acceptable for example (e.g. addidas or nike tick) And also any general tips and advice would be appreciated!
-
Hi evryone, just wanted to know if anyone here or knows of anyone who was initially a Special Constable and then has gone onto become a Police constable from this? It's just something that had crossed my mind as I don't hear or see many PCs who were SPCs. If so, how long were you a special for, and when did you apply to become a PC? Hopefully this is the process I will be following in the coming months/years!! (whenever recruitment opens again!!) Thanks
-
I know there have probably been posts similar to this already and i do appologise if there have. I'm just curious to know if there have been any specials from strathclyde in particular (as this is the force i am considering applying to) who have started off as a special and then became a regular constable. I have a friend who is a Regular Constable in Strathclyde and he has adivsed me to avoid joining the specials and just wait for regular recruitment to re-open (as my preferred option is the Regs) and so im doing my research before i decide to commit myself to anything. Cheers in advance of your help guys !