Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. Col1874
    Started by Col1874,

    Good Morning, As some of you may be aware from my previous posts, I recently made it to the end of the two day assessment, however, I received an email saying that I have been unsuccessful this time round. Im absolutely gutted since in my opinion, I gave plenty of input in my team tasks, however, I have got to accept their decision and prepare myself for my 2nd application in either 6 months time, or whenever L&B are recruiting after that. In the mean time though, I am applying to join the Specials so that I can gain experience and show the recruitment team that i am deadly serious about getting into L&B Police. I have one question to ask though: What do curr…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. honest bob
    Started by honest bob,

    Is it illegal to film Police Constables in a public place? If so what law would be broken? Or does Each individual Constable have a choice wether or not to be filmed in public? All comments appricated

  3. suzi1875
    Started by suzi1875,

    Hi all, I bought a new car last week and the salesman told me I'd be given 7 days complementary insurance. A few days later and several failed attempts at changing my policy from my old car to my new car online and I get pulled by the traffic cops as the car has flagged itself as having no insurance - the salesmans patter had included a white lie which he will now not confirm he said this, although my partner was witness to when he mentioned the 7 days insurance. 6 points and £200 fine. I know, I know, I know I should have asked for insurance paperwork from the garage, this is a lesson in not taking things for face value (as the traffic cop said) and I know I know I kn…

    • 2 replies
    • 839 views
  4. Norcon Hobby Bobby
    Started by Norcon Hobby Bobby,

    I am just wondering if its Fife that have the coloured cap badges. I was at T in the park a couple of years ago and noticed some cops with coloured cap badges. I didnt go up and say hello as I was 2 sheets to the wind. Just wondering as I collect badges. Anyone know which force if not Fife? I have posted this in Central and Tayside also.

    • 5 replies
    • 2.9k views
  5. specialy
    Started by specialy,

    Hiya, looking for some research of the community module ? Does anyone know of any links which could help? Any advice would be greatly received !! Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views
    scottyboy1546081036
  6. davya
    Started by davya,

    In the induction information under uniform kit it states to have 2 pairs of black shoes or boots one pair for parade use one for general use, understand shoes for parade use, any suggestions for general wear? Also waterproof outdoor training top, should this be of the hi vis type or anything as long as it's waterproof?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Deleted1546620702
  7. urfy
    Started by urfy,

    I am an existing officer with Lothian and Borders Police and like many i am patiently awaiting for Strathclyde to start taking applications. I am however looking to chat to someone who has transferred recently from another force to find out what the panel interview involves and what to expect. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  8. Norcon Hobby Bobby
    Started by Norcon Hobby Bobby,

    Just surfing youtube and came across this Couldnae belive it, what an eeejit

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.9k views
    Norcon Hobby Bobby
  9. PotentialSpecial
    Started by PotentialSpecial,

    Hello, I have my assessment day this week and my talk topic is: 'Should Special Constables be paid an hourly rate?' I was simply looking for a couple of different views on this topic. I have posted this before but I think it may have got deleted. So apologies for repeating this. Thanks very much!

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 3.2k views
  10. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    Hi all, At last, the news we have all been waiting for! Got my form away this morning, back to the waiting again. What do you think of the new form?

    • 3 replies
    • 909 views
  11. RyanF109
    Started by RyanF109,

    Non police topic.... Maybe it's my imagination but are there generally more idiotic drivers in Strathclyde than anywhere else? I've drove to quite a lot of places in the UK and it always seems to be when I'm back in the Strathclyde vicinity that people start performing idiotic overtake maneuvers, tailgating, aggressive driving etc. I've never really had any major problems elsewhere. Thoughts?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.9k views
  12. scots_lass
    Started by scots_lass,

    Hi Everyone, I have just been invited along for a familiarisation evening and to take my SET's at the end of the month. Is anyone else in the same boat? :) What is the next stage if you pass the SET's? I applied for another force last year and took my SET's at tulliallan, with the fitness assessment on the same day. Do you still go to tulliallan for the fitness test or stay in Stirling to do it? If its in Stirling, does anyone know where the run is taken about? I found Tulliallan a bit 'hilly'.. :S Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 1.9k views
  13. Chasey_X
    Started by Chasey_X,

    Hey just wondered did anyone get the email about what specials are required to do? My mate who joined this year showed me it an it says now we have to do 180 hours, 5 events and 10 training days (or vice versa) and another few things. Chasey x

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 2.2k views
  14. Chasey_X
    Started by Chasey_X,

    Hey, I've been in the specials since September and I've used my radio on only one shift. I know this isn't across the board with all specials though. I am just wondering how do you tell control you are out in on shift etc Chasey_X

    • 3 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. Marty McFly1546081284
    Started by Marty McFly1546081284,

    whats the reason for the urine test in the medical? in that, it cant be drugs related as they take a nice clump of your hair for that during the actual drug test, so what else could it be for?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.