Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. Garethcain
    Started by Garethcain,

    Hello, Anyone going to the assessment night next weekend? 28th? Can any specials, give me any pointers? What to wear? Suit? Casual? Anything at all would help! Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 2.1k views
  2. PaulWolf
    Started by PaulWolf,

    Anyone have any idea how long it will be from the closing date for the applications i.e 25th August until you are called for the standard entrance/fitness test? ( if you are successfull with your application of course! ) Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 745 views
  3. sc4545
    Started by sc4545,

    Just came across this , anyone know if this is official. http://www.facebook....rathclydePolice

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
  4. PC ornot PC
    Started by PC ornot PC,

    I think this is pretty new but it seems it's already being abused by...well the best word I can think of is a couple of plonkers! http://www.facebook.com/#!/StrathclydePolice

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. aries
    Started by aries * ,

    Hi, Me and my partner are being subjected to numerous visits by police,who we believe to be the neighbour making false allegations about my partners grandchild crying.I have spoken to 2 inspectors about this,they saw the child and said we have kids also and they cry as well but basically if they got a phone call they would have to investigate it anyway,which is fair enough but this neighbour has now made a habit of calling even though the grandchild has been away for weeks,i believe she is making anonymous calls as 1 officer said he believes its a neighbour with a grudge.Even the last officers that came down said there is no evidence of addiction by looking at your house…

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 510 views
  6. Young_wanna_be_cop
    Started by Young_wanna_be_cop,

    Hi folks, This is a question for the Strathclyde regular officers on here. As a new officer who is currently still within probation I'm curious to hear from anyone else currently in their probation or anyone recently out of it. Have you made any funny mistakes? How long did it take you before you even kind of new what was actually happening around you? I've had various jobs in my time, but being a police officer is definitely one of the hardest to get to grips with. The sheer volume of things that you have to learn and get to grips with is just phenomenal! I have had some crazy ups and downs in the first few months on the street. However, overall it is rewarding and c…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Morse1546080805
  7. Milankovitch
    Started by Milankovitch +,

    Hello all. I'm looking to apply to Lothian and Borders as a special when the next round of recruitment comes around. I'm going to be moving to Edinburgh in September and spending most of my time there so that seems like the best option. I don't think I can afford to stay in Edinburgh over the summer however. I currently live in the area covered by Grampian Police and would be returning to this area during the summer. I can't see Lothian and Borders being too keen to train somebody who will be away for three months at a time (no doubt other applicants would be there for 12). Would this be a significant issue?

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 4k views
  8. Col1874
    Started by Col1874,

    Hi All, I applied last year whilst they were running the shared recruitment at Tulliallan. I passed the SET's and fitness test last year but stumbled at the assessment centre part. (I'm aware that another fitness test will be required) Do any of you have any advice that would help if I make it to the Assessment Centre this time around? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 488 views
  9. ashley67
    Started by ashley67,

    Hi, I have my final interview coming up for Strathclyde Police. I am transferring from an English force. Does anyone know what the Final Interview is likely to entail? I did not have an initial interview. Many thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 593 views
  10. Deleted1546620702
    Started by Deleted1546620702,

    Hi all, This is probaly the most trivial question ever asked on here. When you're running round Jackton do the time keepers tell you you're time on each lap? Jay,

  11. gregmc
    Started by gregmc,

    What does everyone think of the new slogon....we are no longer 'working together building safer communities' but instead 'keeping people safe' ?

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 3.3k views
  12. Eurocopter1546081234
    Started by Eurocopter1546081234,

    Source Clicky Thought I'd post this in case any one would want to comment on the proposal made by Strathclyde Police Authority.

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 2.9k views
  13. weeyin
    Started by weeyin,

    I need some help please. I am looking for the letter breakdown that corrsponds with the divisions. I am particularly interested in south lanarkshire, north lanarkshire and glasgow divisions. I have been on the strathclyde website and know the divisions but cant seem to find the letter, is it there? Where would I find a online copy to view if there is one. Thank you

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. Young_wanna_be_cop
    Started by Young_wanna_be_cop,

    Good work!

    • 5 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Eurocopter1546081234
  15. The Globe
    Started by The Globe,

    Hi there, I'm new to this website, and I'm just looking for a bit of advice and information. This question will likely have been asked before, but, do you need a full UK Driving licence to apply to join Strathclyde Police? I currently have a provisional licence and hope to sit my test by the end of October. I've heard a few pieces of conflicting information on my query, so just wondered if someone has the definitive answer or can offer any advice? Also, if a full licence is required, would it definitely be a complete waste of both my and the Recruitment Department's time for me to apply now? I'm aware that this recruitment drive ends at the end of this month, but I'd …

    • 4 replies
    • 619 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.