Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. gjd
    Started by gjd,

    Has anyone submitted an application to Lothian & Borders and still waiting to hear if they have been successful? I'm wondering if it might take longer that 28 days due to the high volume of applications.

    • 4 replies
    • 876 views
  2. kfc84
    Started by kfc84,

    Word on the specials forum is that recruitment is due to re-open Sept 2011 as a free for all (not just for specials or those who have set SETs/paper sift) Does anyone know anything else? I imagine it'll be carnage in Sept if that is the case. Does anyone know when the next planned Tulli intake after May is? Im assuming nothing has been planned until the recruitment situation sorts itself out?

  3. JAYKAY1546081311
    Started by JAYKAY1546081311,

    Hi guys, I passed the entrance exam atleast 3 weeks ago and I have still not received a letter stating my interview date. This is for the specials. (Sept intake) Is this normal or should I give them a phone? Thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 1.7k views
    JAYKAY1546081311
  4. sharp141
    Started by sharp141,

    Hi, I just got a letter this morning saying that they cannot continue with my application as I did not attend for a fitness test, but I didn't get one, this is the first I letter i've had. Has this happened to anyone else and if so what was the out come? cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. Mark.1546620627
    Started by Mark.1546620627,

    I Might seem like an Idiot. I have now spent 47 Minutes Exactly looking through the Forums Search for Vetting and Nothing came up to my surprise. (Wait and I see, it would have been right in front of me!) Anyway, Just wondering what a typical Vetting Procedure is? Preferably for Strathclyde, but other Services will be good to know aswell, as I have No Idea what a vetting Consists of Except Criminal Record Checks, and Financial Checks. Would anybody be able to enlighten me! Do they; Go through your Computer / E-Mail Ect, as much info as possible would be a great help! Thanks in Advance.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
  6. weeyin
    Started by weeyin,

    Hello all. I am new here. I have found lots of the current and most recent post very helpful. I just through my set test and fitness and waiting on my interview date, most evenings are spent swatting. Anyway just stopping by to say hello Theweeyin

    • 0 replies
    • 452 views
  7. Special P
    Started by Special P,

    Hey, is anyone else waiting on there final interview date? ive been waiting a couple weeks now. thanks in advance

    • 5 replies
    • 798 views
  8. Deb
    Started by Deb,

    Hi everyone I have my initial interview coming up very soon and am extremely nervous! I dont know anyone who is in the force and was wondering if any of you had any helpful tips for my interview? Im new to the forum too, dont even know if i am posting this correctly....! Help!!!

    • 15 replies
    • 1.7k views
  9. kellymcd
    Started by kellymcd * ,

    Hiya everyone! Anyone got their results in yet from Monday? I'm still waiting on mine

  10. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    Wasn't too bad - I passed!!!!!!! Just the final to go.....

    • 10 replies
    • 2k views
  11. maverick1231546620740
    Started by maverick1231546620740,

    A brand new BBC3 documentary series is looking for serving and retired police officers to tell us about the funniest and strangest things that have happened to them during their career. We’d like to hear about: • The daftest or most incompetent criminals you’ve ever encountered. • The funniest thing that ever happened to you during your time on the force. If you are interested in taking part, please contact us so that we can tell you a bit more about the show. We’d also love to hear your stories. Our programme will provide an insight into best practices, celebrate the achievements of the police and convey a strong central message: Crime doesn’t pay and …

    • 0 replies
    • 593 views
    maverick1231546620740
  12. maverick1231546620740
    Started by maverick1231546620740,

    A brand new BBC3 documentary series is looking for serving and retired police officers to tell us about the funniest and strangest things that have happened to them during their career. We’d like to hear about: • The daftest or most incompetent criminals you’ve ever encountered. • The funniest thing that ever happened to you during your time on the force. If you are interested in taking part, please contact us so that we can tell you a bit more about the show. We’d also love to hear your stories. Our programme will provide an insight into best practices, celebrate the achievements of the police and convey a strong central message: Crime doesn’t pay and …

    • 0 replies
    • 509 views
    maverick1231546620740
  13. ham1546081286
    Started by ham1546081286,

    Thought it may be useful to start a thread for those who have applied to Lothian and Borders in this current potential intake (from when they started recruiting Tuesday 31st May 2011). If anyone is in this group, post! Let us know your experiences, concerns, application issues, useful advice etc. Or just say hello. I'm sure the contribution of any current L+B specials, regulars, and support staff would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to anyone who has applied!

    • 8 replies
    • 3.7k views
  14. Tom C
    Started by Tom C,

    Just incase some of you dont go into the locker room there is a fantasay football league just for folks on ps.com how to join etc details are in the locker room thread. Its free to enter and its just for fun.

    • 2 replies
    • 4.5k views
  15. garygary86
    Started by garygary86,

    Hi guys, I am quite concerned about the new application form. I've had it for a couple of weeks now on my computer and I am completely stumped when thinking of situations in the questions given. I have pretty much worked in construction since I was 16 and the only time I have worked in a team was my time working in a call centre for Sky which incidently is the only other time I worked with people from different cultures, religions, sexuality etc. I feel I could put something in these fields but feel they would be poor examples. My last application was accepted no problem but now I am faced with these it has really taken the wind out my sails. I submitted a similar ap…

    • 2 replies
    • 708 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.