Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. JAYKAY1546081311
    Started by JAYKAY1546081311,

    Hi all. Just joined the forum and was wondering what i need to prepare mtself on before I go to my interview? I've tried so hard to get to where I am at this point and I dont want to dissapoint when I have the interview...Any tips would be grately appreciated. Thanks,

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  2. Gone
    Started by Gone,

    I'll post the youtube video if/when it becomes available.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 5.4k views
  3. Special P
    Started by Special P,

    Hey everyone, This is my first post. Ive been a special with strathclyde for a year and half. Ive applied for regulars and just passed my initial interview. Does anyone know what to expect for the final interview? Ive read on the website that they are all different depending on the person. But any tips would be appreciated. I spoke to some recent probationers and they said its more of the same. All help is appreciated. Thanks

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 3k views
  4. DanielC1546081307
    Started by DanielC1546081307,

    I have my work experience from 24th October until the 28th and I am interested in policing. My local station is Mill Street on K Division. Conditions are as given- Pupils are expected to do meaningful work during the placement and it has to be planned by a responsible person and to be supervised in any activity. Pupils are not allowed to use and hazardous machines or equipment or work in any hazardous situations. Pupils must be given protective clothing whenever appropriate. Pupils have not to work outside normal hours. Does Strathclyde operate a work experience program? If there is a program then what would I actually do? eg observe or actually do things in stati…

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 4.5k views
    Eurocopter1546081234
  5. btp__officer
    Started by btp__officer,

    Im currently a serving BTP officer in London and in the process of transferring to CPS. Got an assessment day on 22 June 2011 which includes classroom based exercises and a fitness test. Anyone else going? Anyone got an idea of what the classroom based exercises are? Its been a while since i went through the external recruitment :)

    wee_squaw1546620736 *
  6. wolfrace
    Started by wolfrace,

    Hi guys, I was under the impression that for the 1.5miles run you were allowed 12minutes in which to complete it. Is this correct? Does anyone know where you can access example test papers for Information Handling from? I have already got the practise ones from the Lothian and Borders website. Cheers!

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. AndrewZinc
    Started by AndrewZinc,

    I have looked through 28 pages of topics and we don't seem to have a vehicle thread, as some other forces do. Thought I would start one for any comments or discussion. Think there was a thread regarding the below vehicle which was siezed and re-painted for PR purposes, but I thought it deserved a spot here. I noticed a few weeks ago a new looking police car, it was marked, but blue which I thought was unusual. Has anyone seen / been in it / them?

      • Like
    • 103 replies
    • 18.7k views
  8. LittleBird99
    Started by LittleBird99,

    Hi there can anyone confirm whether the 3 times round the building is bang on 1.5 miles? Is it coincidence or is it more than 1.5 miles? (take it wouldn't be less). I have been training but not finding it easy. Don't want any nasty shocks on the day as won't have much time to play with. I am trying my hardest and can do the 1.5 miles in the allotted time just not really quickly. thanks.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.9k views
  9. PJB81
    Started by PJB81,

    Hi there, Just applied to L&B. My friend who also wants to join, emailed me as soon as the website was updated and I got that form back in!. Don't suppose anyone on here has there fitness test on Monday, 20th of June? Im in relatively good shape, get out running most weeks but I used to play football every week, now I dont and worry that my cardio isnt what it should be. In saying that i did complete the Edinburgh half marathon this year so should be relatively well placed for the running but as for the push/pull i really dont know what to expect. Anyone got any tips? free weights with some press/pull ups perhaps?? Also on average, how long can the whole process ta…

  10. change4
    Started by change4 * ,

    Hey guys, I was just hoping to get some info. Does anyone have an email address for L&B recruitment. I am currently a PC in the Met but my family and I are wanting to return to Edinburgh at some point next year. I have previously been a special with L&B but would now like to transfer up full time as we all really miss Edinburgh. Has anyone else on here made the switch from an English force to a Scottish one, if so how was the change. Also, does anyone know if L&B are likely to be recruiting for a while and what sort of time scales are involved with transferees. Thanks for any help.

    • 4 replies
    • 779 views
    braveheart1971
  11. Deleted1546620702
    Started by Deleted1546620702,

    Hi all. How much PE are probationers getting at Tulliallan now? Thanks, J

  12. ChowderHead
    Started by ChowderHead,

    Alright guys, thought I'd make a roll call for the 11th of May! I'm Sean, live on the Isle of Skye and applied about 3 - 4 weeks ago.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. scuba21
    Started by scuba21,

    Hey there guys and gals, i was just talking to a close friend of mine who was in the specials but then left around this time last year, i was just wondering if there is anyone out there that know if he wants to rejoin will he have to re-do all of the training again or is there another way for him???? many thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 1.9k views
  14. jenfef
    Started by jenfef,

    Hi there I sent my application off via email on 13th May. I had not heard anything by last Monday 23rd so I called the recruitment office. The sergeant told me that I had been successful and would be getting an email soon. It is now a week on and I have not heard anything. Is anyone else in the same boat? hether or not I should call again, but I do not want to pester them as I am aware that they had over 400 applications to get through! Any thoughts will be appreciated!! Jen

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. Norcon Hobby Bobby
    Started by Norcon Hobby Bobby,

    Hello all, I am just wondering if its Tayside that have the coloured cap badges. I was at T in the park a couple of years ago and noticed some cops with coloured cap badges. I didnt go up and say hello as I was 2 sheets to the wind. Just wondering as I collect badges. Anyone know which force if not Taysie?

    • 5 replies
    • 3.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.