Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. Laura135
    Started by Laura135 * ,

    Hi, i am currently going through the recruitment process and have my 1.5 mile run and push/pull test soon, i was wondering how females in the past found both events and how much training they undertook? cheers Kind Regards, Laura

    • 0 replies
    • 444 views
  2. Andylamb
    Started by Andylamb,

    Hello all, I know the recruitment threads are being beaten to death at the moment, But I am waiting to hear If my application is being accepted or not, Seccond time lucky I hope. But I was wondering if someone could give me a run down of their daily work in strathclyde, I'm under no illusion that it's a drama or glam filled job, but im intrested in the highlights and perhapse the lows of the job too, Just so I can have a realistic view of what I am in for. Thank's in advance. Andy.

    • 1 reply
    • 518 views
    Deleted1546620702
  3. CarpeDiem1546620747
    Started by CarpeDiem1546620747 * ,

    Hi everyone, Got my final interview on Wednesday. Does anyone have any tips/suggestions regarding what to expect, question wise? Cheers

    M1chael1546620747
  4. gh0st
    Started by gh0st,

    This is potentially the most stupid/funniest question you have had in this forum! As you know, most of us here [on these forums] are wanabe officers, and forces in England aren't recruiting like the ones you have in Scotland. So, I have been considering applying to one of the Scottish forces and relocate if successful. My wife and I love the country and people friendliness as we have been going there on holidays at least 7 times in the last 5 years. My only concern is ..... some times I find it difficult to understand people with strong accents, and very old people ... Now, imagine I'd go on a police job, and some one throws a sentence that I can't understand!! That se…

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 2.1k views
    scottyboy1546081036
  5. foxtrot608
    Started by foxtrot608,

    Has anybody mentioned their experiences from the Special's when answering one of the competency questions? I have a prime example that I would like to use for the race and diversity question but, a friend of mine who attended a workshop put on by a N.W England force last year was told never to use a scenario from the Specials as it shows that 'you find the voluntary role challenging so won't cope as a regular officer'. I know, it's a load of nonsense but, he has passed his paper sift and I wondered if anybody else has used their experiences in applying? Thoughts and comments please! Foxtrot

    • 4 replies
    • 714 views
  6. PoliceMemorialMap
    Started by PoliceMemorialMap,

    L&B officers, Can any of you assist www.policememorialmap.org.uk One of your colleagues; PC David McPherson, suffered a brain haemorrhage whilst driving home from duty in February this year. He crashed and was taken to hospital where he sadly died. I have emailed your force but haven't had a reply, can any of you help me find out where PC McPherson crashed? The reason I'm asking for this is because we aim to plot where the officer "fell". Please PM me, reply to this thread or email info (at) policememorialmap (dot) org (dot) uk Thank you.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.6k views
    PoliceMemorialMap
  7. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all could anybody tell me what you do for your medical? My friend has applied recently. Do they check you for substance misuse?? Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 908 views
  8. The Globe
    Started by The Globe,

    Hi, I'm new here and looking for a bit of advice and information please. I'm looking into applying to join the Specials with Strathclyde Police in the very near future with a long-term view to joining the Police Force and I'm interested in what peoples' views are on my current situation:- I'm 23 and have worked in an office since I left school at 17. I left school with Standard Grades but no highers. I've made good progress within my office job in the last six years, including several promotions. I now realise that I want to join the police force. I'm just firstly interested in what people (specials or regs) think of my chances based on the above, and if anyone has …

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 2.1k views
    Marty McFly1546081284
  9. scottishchicky
    Started by scottishchicky,

    Hey I was wondering if anyone who was at the L&B Assessment Centre yesterday (15/8/2011) has heard either way yet if they got through. Was told it should be today (16th) or tomorrow (17th) to hear something

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. PC ornot PC
    Started by PC ornot PC,

    With recent applications how long has it been since you heard a response wither you passed the paper sift or not?

    • 14 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. ac1990
    Started by ac1990,

    its now been over four weeks for my vetting just wondering if anyone has a final interview date yet? if so how long did you wait to hear ?

    • 9 replies
    • 921 views
  12. specialy
    Started by specialy,

    Hi Everyone.. Just thought i would post this to see everyones thought on one shared Scottish police force

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. russ1546620744
    Started by russ1546620744 * ,

    I feel really foolish about this. I sent in my application yesterday (after spending a week perfecting it) and I've just realized since I'm on Anti-Depressants I'm likely to be rejected at the Medical stage. I've emailed the recruitment dept but I wanted to ask others, Would being on Anti-Depressants kill the application dead? I've been on them for 4 years or so. Since the Medical is at the end of the process I don't want to go thought the stress of the SETs, fitness tests, and interviews if I've genuinely got no chance. I couldn't see any info on this on their website.

    • 4 replies
    • 976 views
  14. russ1546620744
    Started by russ1546620744 * ,

    I have just sent my application form away today for Strathclyde. Can anyone who has recently been thought the next stage of the Selection process tell me what happens next. On the website it states the next step is the 3 SET tests and a fitness test. But I’ve read on forums that there is a group exercise and an essay to write (all on the same day), So I’m a little confused. Also I am Dyslexic, anyone know if that affects the tests? Thanks. russ

    • 2 replies
    • 666 views
  15. Gardai
    Started by Gardai,

    I saw a Lothian & Borders Sprinter in South London this evening. Are you guys providing operational support to the Met in the aftermath of the riots?

    • 6 replies
    • 2.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.