Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. Bigredbus1546620749
    Started by Bigredbus1546620749 * ,

    Hello everyone, This is my first post on the forum so be gentle please haha! Over the last week or so I've been thinking about a change in career and I'm giving serious thought to the Police. I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone from the force can answer as the website is a bit vague. The first is regarding a conviction that I have. About ten years ago I was found to be driving my car whilst holding a provisional driving licence. In the car was me and my brother who had a full licence for the required amount of time however, I had no L plates on the car. The result was an LC20 (Driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence)AND IN10 (no insurance). I sho…

    • 2 replies
    • 709 views
  2. davya
    Started by davya,

    OK question time, All going well I should be starting at Tulliallan on the 17th October (this being my 3rd conditional offer), I therefore have a number of question to ask, most of them are pretty dry and boring so here goes. 1. Is bedding provided i.e sheets, blankets etc.? 2. Will I need to take my own iron and ironing board? 3. Are towels provided? 4. What are the laundry facilities and more importantly how much mulah is needed? 5. Should I take any civi clothes to wear? 6. Are we required to take stationary? 7. Is there any wi-fi Someone also told me that if you go home on the weekends you have to take everything out of your room is this true or am I having m…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
  3. sean dempsey
    Started by sean dempsey,

    For any of those at the Final int stage, or last stages of recruitment, and who are starting to pick up boots and shoes, dont pass up a look in ASDA. I was in last night and they have a perfect pair of parade shoes at fifteen quid. Im going to buy them in a week or so, and ill let you know how they shine up, but its 100% leather so i dont see how they could be bad! Heres the link! ASDA Parade Shoe All the best! Ginge

    • 44 replies
    • 15k views
  4. Special P
    Started by Special P,

    Hey everyone, Has anyone else been waiting about 7 weeks for there final interview date? Ive called and been told im still getting vetted! Wondering if anyone else is waiting as long as me?

    • 11 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. foxtrot608
    Started by foxtrot608,

    Delete

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. gjd
    Started by gjd,

    Can anyone who has recently had their fitness test advise if the 1.5 mile timed run or bleep test was used? Also, was it on a track, grass, or road?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. ablue
    Started by ablue,

    There's no doubting our Chief Constable has had an eventful policing career so far and it looks like it's going to get even more eventful as Stephen House becomes the favourite to become the Metropolitan Police's new Commissioner. BBC News link Personally I think he would be a fantastic Commissioner and he has transformed Strathclyde (in more ways than one). P.S. A duplicate topic has been posted here (at the same time I posted mine)

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.8k views
    Young_wanna_be_cop
  8. Fox
    Started by Fox,

    Congratulations to both your Ladies and Men's volleyball teams who won this weekend at the Police Sport UK volleyball championship held down here in Bournemouth. The final was hard fought against Merseyside in both matches. If anyone knows where the men's number 11 (his name escapes me) gets his power from, can they let our team know...

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. davya
    Started by davya,

    Silly question It says in the induction info that 1 pair must be indoor training shoes, should these be a pair solely for indoor use or should they be court shoes i.e have a white sole so as not to mark the gym floor?

    Deleted1546620702
  10. AndrewZinc
    Started by AndrewZinc,

    Source: Evening Times I think the risk assessment for that training exercise needs updated!

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  11. foxtrot608
    Started by foxtrot608,

    I was just pondering as to why the Scottish Police application form had no section for Educational Qualifications/History. Does anybody know why this is? Is further information sought later on in the recruitment pipeline? Foxtrot

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. Whopper MacBig
    Started by Whopper MacBig +,

    SPC Peter Shedden died yesterday following a VA while off duty. 'The Shed' as he was affectionately known, served with Lothian & Borders Police for over 20 years. Thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 5.1k views
    Barbara Jack nee Shedden
  13. MrPcTayside
    Started by MrPcTayside,

    Hi there i was wondering if anyone could help.I am currently sitting in the recruitment pool for tayside have been for a few months now.Had my assesment days on 22 may 2011 and seniors 4th July 2011. Passed them all and done fitness and been vetted. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?and is there any sort of time scale for when we will be recruited to the police college or is there a date for the next intakes??Been sitting twiddling my thumbs and checking my e-mails constant but still nothing MrTayside

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  14. Schof
    Started by Schof * ,

    Hi, i am just curious as i am going through the recruitment process for Lothian and Borders at the moment, as to how hard the push and pull tests actually are? I currently work in the outdoors, and spend a lot of my free time climbing / training but have heard all sorts of horror stories about this pull/push machine! I'm sure it's not so bad, but i just wondered if anyone who has already been through could please give me some advice? Is the weight really 69K? how does it work? I'm climbing a lot at the moment, which is obviously all to do with training your own body weight but wondered if extra training is required? Also it says on the website regarding this part of the …

  15. geojen
    Started by geojen * ,

    I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on the written assessment aspect of the fitness test day? Is there anything in particular that I should be studying/ reading up on for it? Also does anyone have any idea on the push pull requirements for females? Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.