Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. Ninaleo
    Started by Ninaleo * ,

    Hello! My goal is to become a regular Police Officer. At the moment I'm "nothing" ;-) - well, I hope I'm going to be a Special - had the SET, Assessment Centre beginning of the year and passed. Unfortunately the Vetting took longer than expected and I won't be in the April Training. So once the Vetting comes through successfully (which it should...) I would start in September. However, Recruiting Team at HQ advised there might be Regular Positions coming up before September and I would be really interested in applying. I am TOTALLY freaked out by the Fitness Test though. I go to the Gym 5 times a week doing 8-9 classes but discovered that I am absolutely rubbish at run…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
    SpecialK71625 *
  2. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    Has any body passing out on the 29th had a call from their prospective divisions? I know one or two have but as yet I haven't heard anything from N Division...........

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
  3. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    Does anyone know of any site or supplier of any audio cd's for Scottish Police legislation. I know there is so much legislation as I have just received my Scottish Beat Officer's Companion book through, but I wondered if there was a general set availible with basic legislation being covered. I learn better by listening and my thought is anything I can rip onto mp3 and listen whilst I run. Any ideas more than appreciated.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. kevinp30
    Started by kevinp30,

    I recall at the medical, we were informed about the Hep jags etc but had to wait until training was finished before we made arrangements. Any of the five-day OSTers done anything about it yet?

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  5. crombie13
    Started by crombie13 * ,

    Has anyone ever ordered any boots from www.polimil.co.uk?

    • 0 replies
    • 316 views
  6. CKF19
    Started by CKF19,

    Hi All Anyone kno what monthly net pay will be as a new start at strathclyde? Start on May 18th, just looking to get an idea so i can sort out my finances!! Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 854 views
  7. Eurocopter1546081234
    Started by Eurocopter1546081234,

    A friend of mine asked me about this but I wasn't too sure on how to answer it as it may not be what I think it is so: On Page 8 of the national application form, about your employment, you are required to give details about two employers who will provide a reference for you. "Please give the names and addresses of two employers who will provide a reference for you." It then goes on to say "(One of these should be your current or most recent employer)" But what if you aren't and haven't been employed? The old application form only requested the details of two persons who have known you for five or more years excluding family members. So I'm reading this new application…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Eurocopter1546081234
  8. SZ86
    Started by SZ86,

    Hi there I have noticed on the Specials SOP that you are entitled to a few days of Annual Leave in the year. Has anyone used these, or know how to go about using them? Many thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Scotsman
    Started by Scotsman,

    What do you think about the incident which happened in Kelvingrove Park? Was there any need to send in the cops to get people to leave? What do you think caused this incident; too many people, too much alcohol, some people wanting to cause trouble? I was just wondering because I just noticed on the news that this happened. I think that the cops should have just waited and left them to the time the party was suppose to finish. Even though there wes violence happening in Kelvingrove Park at the time; I don't think it was a sensible move to send in the cops which made the situation a lot worse. Maybe they should have thought about the way they entered Kelvingrove Park beca…

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 2.6k views
    Eurocopter1546081234
  10. specialy
    Started by specialy,

    Just wondering if any specials have heard anything regarding regular recruitment? I have seen a post titled May intake for regulars? As far as i was aware i didnt think Strathclyde were accepting new application?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. harleyginger
    Started by harleyginger,

    Hey, i had my exams through in aberdeen a couple of weeks back, got a phone call today saying i am through to the interview stage - anyone recently been for interview what was your expirence?? Whats type of question etc. Any info much appreciated :-))

    • 1 reply
    • 2.6k views
  12. KimGus85
    Started by KimGus85,

    What is the best why to lear the Laws, legislations and Sections ? . I have been looking to a Form of SPC companion or handbook but can't come across anything except a book on amazion however don't have it in stock been waiting 4 month **given up**! Help! Kim x

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. AndrewZinc
    Started by AndrewZinc,

    Just noticed that Tayside are now recruiting for regulars: Tayside - Police Officer Recruitment Not sure how many but might be worth applying if you are keen to become a regular.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 4.4k views
  14. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    Hi guys, Was looking around to try and find a torch attachment for our new style body armour, I did have a cheap (Ebay lol) torch and belt holder but the stitching came apart so I have found this as an alternative. Will the holder clip to the outside of the body armour and hivis jackets? my guess is yes as the hexagonal head looks the same as our accessory and airwave holders but can I get some peeps opinions please before I order. http://policespecials.patrolstore.com/Tactical-Klick-Fast-Torch-Stud.html Kev.

      • Like
    • 42 replies
    • 4.4k views
  15. AC101
    Started by AC101,

    Just wondering if anyone can give me a heads up as to what to wear to my medical? No one said anything so not sure to go smart or casual!

    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
    Deleted1546620702

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.