Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. dundee bloke
    Started by dundee bloke,

    Quick thread to register who'll be there on the 20th. I'm Mark - Dundee based at the moment, applied on the 23rd (ish) of Feb :)

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 916 views
  2. jimbo1231546081058
    Started by jimbo1231546081058,

    I was cited for court the other day and had to take a full day off work and was wondering what the process is for making a claim for lost earnings (actually its my employer who has lost out so they'll be making the claim ;-))? Thanks in advance. Jim

    • 5 replies
    • 911 views
  3. Highway Patrolman
    Started by Highway Patrolman,

    The expenses for travelling back and forth to Jackton was it 36.9p per mile and 50.5 if you have a passenger? Cheers

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. Cammyg92
    Started by Cammyg92,

    I've wanted to join Strathclyde since i started secondary school and now im at the eligible age to do it, but dont know weither to go for it because of everyone saying ill get told to come back later when im older. Has anyone else been like this and went for it and managed to get in? Life experience isnt a problem, been in the ACF, done lots of volunteering and studying the COPPER course at college, just dont know if it'll be enough Any help would be appreciated cheers

    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
  5. special04
    Started by special04,

    Hey! Thought I'd make a wee topic about our favourite police shows. This topic isnt to be anything serious...just a bit of fun. I know all these shows are a stretch of the truth and totally different from reality. My degree is in criminology so I find shows like Criminal Minds really interesting. I know the time line of solving crimes in this show is only a few days and is obv longer in most real life cases but the theory behind what they say about psychopaths and every other type of people they come into contact with is what really interests me. I also like a show called "Lie to Me". Its about this guy and his team and how they are "human lie detectors". Of course, lik…

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 2.9k views
  6. Big Yin
    Started by Big Yin,

    Anyone had a chance to watch Limmy's show on BBC 2 yet? I love it by you'll either like it or hate it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00zh0vr/Limmys_Show_Series_2_Episode_4/

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. KimGus85
    Started by KimGus85,

    A top officer has called for the auld firm to be band due to the amount of offences commitied and use of resourses , what are you're Views ???

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.6k views
  8. kfc84
    Started by kfc84,

    Looking for some clarification - I have purchased a sexy little pair of magnums but I was wondering do they need bulled or not?? I was under impression only parade/dress shoes get bulled?? Dont want to turn up on the 2nd sunday in uniform and get a rocking for having non-shiny boots! Also, what is everyone taking on the first day?? C x

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 3k views
  9. loopyloz
    Started by loopyloz,

    Hi guys, I have my initial interview coming up and have studied most of what is expected to come up. I have looked at the force wide iniatives but cant seem to find any local ones. i spoke to a few officers who told me it was all on the website can any of you point me in the correct direction? I have looked over the community policing plans which names a few but doesnt really give that much info ? help please thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 701 views
    Deleted1546620702
  10. BigG
    Started by BigG,

    Hi, Bit of advice. Not been out for a while, talking over a year !! due to work and family life. I feel my best option is to quit, revaluate life/commitments etc and hopefully rejoin in the future as a special or new career as a reg. I do enjoy being a special but feel like a nuisance to the force not committing to regular shifts. Any thoughts ? what would you do ? Regards

    • 5 replies
    • 3.8k views
  11. Iain M
    Started by Iain M,

    Just read in the letter in our induction pack that we give our choice of division at induction, do we get to choose only main division like A, B etc or would we get to choose our subdivision, like AB or BD etc.

    • 25 replies
    • 2.6k views
  12. kfc84
    Started by kfc84,

    Anyone else struggling with the whole bun thing?? Take it we've to have it this way on Sunday? I'm finding it to be a nightmare! just looks like a total mess!

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    Have any of you guys had to identify yourselves as a Special Constabel whilst off duty? If so,what are the implications of doing this? Did anybody read the Sunday Mail yesterday regarding gangs trying to infiltrate the Police by joining up? There was a part of the article that said the Police check Facebook/Bebo etc accounts-any thoughts on the matter? Don`t worry-I`m not a journalist! I just enjoy a good debating session on these forums!!

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.4k views
  14. matchoo
    Started by matchoo,

    Hi everyone! I have a duty at Hamilton tomorrow (Friday) night and am wondering where's the best place to park since the underground car park is no longer an option? I have started getting a lift when working there for football but unfortunately going to have to drive myself over. Needs to be somewhere I can safely walk to when I finish with all my kit. I'm afraid my knowledge of the area is a bit limited. If anyone doesn't want to post in public (in case the baddies find our cars) feel free to PM me. Cheers!!

    • 1 reply
    • 794 views
  15. ______________________
    Started by ______________________,

    I have some questions for you guys - please answer them. Thanks - What do you think when people want to join the police at the age of 18? Do you think they should get some life experience first or just go for it? I am considering applying when I am 18. It's all I have ever wanted and of course if I fail I can always come back and try again? - What's the most active division according to crime reports? I don't really want to go into a quiet division. I thought it would be N division - Do you have to be able to drive to apply for Strathclyde? Can't I just go and patrol but not drive or even do some walking? I registered to this site last year or the year before that b…

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 2.3k views
    ______________________

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.