Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. stix88
    Started by stix88,

    Hi All, I was all ready to apply for the March intake but I missed it by a couple of days because they brought the application deadline forward. I've just sent in my application last week for the September intake. They've received it already, so does anyone know how long it will be before I might hear whether I've got through to the SET stage? I'm 3 months early so don't know whether it'll be much nearer the deadline or whether they just work their way through applications and get people in sooner for the tests. Any other info you guys can give me about the process would be greatly appreciated - this is something I've wanted to do for years! Thanks :-)

    • 3 replies
    • 873 views
  2. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    Everybody looking forward to starting training next week? I went out last night for a few beers(well,quite a lot actuallly ) as it will be the last Saturday night out for a few months! Did anybody else do the same?

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. Young_wanna_be_cop
    Started by Young_wanna_be_cop,

    Hi guys, need some advice. Could any serving regs please advise if they think that these shoes..... http://www.marksandspencer.com/Leather-Round-Lace-Gibson-Shoes/dp/B003PYAYD6?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_2&nodeId=43573030&sr=1-2&qid=1298853085&pf_rd_r=1RZ17XZEEZSYPY55932J&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=43573030&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3 ...would be suitable for parade/inspection shoes at Tulliallan? They don't have any stitching on the front at all,however I am unsure about the slight heel at the back! Thank you in advance!

    • 6 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. lisajd
    Started by lisajd * ,

    what will happen next as my son is charged with this,he has admitted his guilt.

  5. KimGus85
    Started by KimGus85,

    The last two weeks I have gave a weeks notice about going out at the weekend for a shift and , AGAIN no one gets back to me . sorry to moan but its means that you cant plan anything for the weekend you'er being left waiting for response ..tried phoning and no answer :@ Ahhhhhh Anyone had the same problem ?

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1k views
  6. weedannyc
    Started by weedannyc,

    St Andrew's Academy in Paisley, in K Division, is on 'high alert' after a .. well not paedophile but a man trying to talk to children and take them away. Is there any more info on this incident?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. AndrewZinc
    Started by AndrewZinc,

    Strathclyde has not advertised any civilian posts for quite a while, but I noticed this the other day: _R14[sl]10[sl]W)/"]Customer Service Representatives (Ref No: R14/10/W) It would be taking 999 and non-emergency calls. Just thought I'd flag that up in case anyone was interested. The closing date is 2nd March 2011 at 4.30pm.

    • 13 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. chrissunray
    Started by chrissunray,

    Hi there, Just found out today that I have been given a provisional start date in April on the basis that I pass my medical next week. Just checking to see if anyone else received the same news today and if you have an idea of what to expect at the medical? Thanks Chris

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    Did everybody get theirs today?

      • Like
    • 76 replies
    • 3.9k views
  10. rincewind
    Started by rincewind,

    Hi guys. thought i would make a wee post to say i have my medical on valentines day and if all goes to plan then the uniform fitting. however do you get the fitting within a few days of the medical or do they give you a set date?

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2k views
  11. special04
    Started by special04,

    Hey Guys!!! Just thought i'd start a wee topic so we can discuss what we need to bring on the actual day. In the Info Pack (chek out that topic on here relating to it...its a good read!) there is a booklet called "Special Constable Induction Information. Inside it it gives a list of "Essentials Required In Preparation For Commencing Training" such as shoes, shoe brushes Parade Glass Shoe Polish etc. Do we need to bring that on our first day. From the subject heading it would seem so. However, underneath the list it also says all items can be found at the SPRA shop at Jackton, so that makes me think we dont need it straight away as not everybody joining lives close enough…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. ______________________
    Started by ______________________,

    Hey there everyone. My name is Kieren and I am 14 years old. I currently live in Falkirk. I am interested in applying to Strathclyde Police when I am older.. Here is my questions: - I used to live in Coatbridge which is in 'N' division. I was wondering if it would be possible if I was actually posted there if I asked? I have family living in Coatbridge. - I have really bad eyesight, so I now have to wear glasses. I heard that your eyesight has to be 6/36 or something along those lines. Can some explain more of it to me? - I know this is a really weird question, but I was wondering how you actually wrote out statements? Do you write down their name, address, age, …

    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    Ok,so it sounds like a really bad B-movie title................................... Septembers intake met at McDs, just around the corner from Jakton,for breakfast on Sundays before training and I was wondering if the March intake might want to do the same? If nothing else,it`ll allow us to put faces to names and "break the ice" with fellow students before the scary world of training begins...................... Anybody interested?

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. ricky8450
    Started by ricky8450,

    I () have not been on here for a while and thought id start by asking how the latest new chappies are getting on with their training etc... I believe its a lot differant than it was 8 years ago!!!

    • 10 replies
    • 4.8k views
  15. Bm11
    Started by Bm11,

    Hey is anyone from march 2010 thinking about getting booked on to a ost refresher? Whats it like is it more informal than initial training? Cheers.

    • 15 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.