Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. AndrewZinc
    Started by AndrewZinc,

    From Evening Times Looks like we'll be relying on mutual aid and Specials in the same way as the Met are for the Olympics.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. 786
    Started by 786,

    Hi all, recieved an email today from the shared recruitment service saying that I had passed the initial criteria and have been called to a 2 day assessment event at the Scottish Police College on the 2nd of Septemeber. Is anyone else also attending this?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
  3. super64
    Started by super64,

    Hi, is this a website that is used often, seems there is not too much chat

    • 3 replies
    • 3.5k views
  4. bbarnes81
    Started by bbarnes81,

    I'm sorry to dredge up what could and is an old subject. My company provides back office support for a number of different businesses, one of which is an SIA trainer and Door Supervisor Provider. As a training company, they have been approached to deliver the safe use and application of rigid cuffs course to SCOTTISH security companies. The head trainer is going through the Train the Trainer course in England, but we are having difficulty in getting a straight answer with regards to the legislation on using handcuffs as restraints in Scotland. I have so far researched that under common law you would be allowed to apply handcuffs as restraints (clarification require…

    • 7 replies
    • 3k views
  5. Just_waiting
    Started by Just_waiting,

    "Plans for an intake of 30 new officers are being progressed for week commencing 24th January 2011. Priority is being given to those applicants who had successfully completed all the final stages of the recruitment process when it was suspended in July. Should there be a requirement for any further short term recruitment over the forthcoming months we will seek to source the new recruits through those who were at the latter stages of the recruitment process when it was suspended. At this time we are not accepting any new applications for police officers and have no new police staff vacancies." strathclyde police good news at last

    • 0 replies
    • 688 views
  6. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi could anybody tell me what you need to score to pass the standard entry test for central Scotland? Are the number , information handling and literacy marked together then a pass score is taken from the total of them? Cheers j

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. WannabeSC
    Started by WannabeSC,

    Hi all, I applied to be an SC and have my SETs on the 15th, only I havent been able to find a reliable way to get to Jackton. I cant get a lift or drive so it has to be public transport. Could anyone offer me a little advice, I think the only way to get there is by bus and thats by taking a 44 and then a 374 (which are very infrequent and not reliable I have been told). Any ideas? Thank you

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. KimGus85
    Started by KimGus85,

    Hey Just found out i'll be working at Bishopbriggs as a SPC . Has/is anyone been/are there to give me to Information on how things are there Kim x

    • 1 reply
    • 889 views
  9. dedicated11
    Started by dedicated11,

    Hello, I was looking on the website for Central Scotland Police, however I could not find details/information on the actual recruitment process i.e. S.E.T,initial fitness etc. Could someone clarify the process for me? Or direct me to that particular section of the website? I originally applied for Strathclyde however a week before my fitness test the 'recruitment freeze' was announced. And i would like to clarify if the process is the same or not. Thanks in advance folks Nicola

    Scotia1546081133
  10. chrissunray
    Started by chrissunray,

    Hi there, My name is Chris and I had my final panel interview today for Lothian and borders Police. I passed and am so delighted but I'm just wondering if anyone else had their interview today and how you got on? Chris

    • 9 replies
    • 1.6k views
  11. LittleBird99
    Started by LittleBird99,

    Hello I have downloaded specials application form but everytime I input something and tab to next section, the previous text is lost. Is anyone else having this problem? I filled out application form for Police Officers this way (and then had the letter to say freezing recruitment) and it was fine. Think at this rate I will have to print off and do hand written application as closing date now next week!!!!! thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 432 views
  12. joey1546080873
    Started by joey1546080873,

    How you guys doing???

    • 8 replies
    • 7.7k views
  13. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    Just out of interest,do any of you guys know what would happen if you are injured on duty? If you are unable to carry out your own,full time job,are there any procedures for financial assistance? Hopefully no-one will ever be in such a position,but I was just wondering what options are available if you are permanately injured?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. strathclyde28
    Started by strathclyde28,

    Hi could anyone tell me what its like working for strathclyde police also does each station have showers and a gym.

    • 0 replies
    • 811 views
  15. DAC2190
    Started by DAC2190,

    Just became aware of the DCC's announcment that there has been a freeze on recruitment for regular officers. There is no timeline on this, but i was looking at joining next april. Does this affect anyone else?

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 5.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.