Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. clarabee21
    Started by clarabee21,

    Hi everyone, Recently applied for Specials and received a letter to say I was successful but would have to wait until the March 2011 intake, however I received a letter today saying that my interview was taking place in September. Anyone in the same boat?? Why the turn around?? Ta Claire

    • 6 replies
    • 924 views
  2. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    Just got the letter today!! I sat the test on Monday and it was a long wait for the results-well,it felt like a long wait................ I thought we would have been told on the day if we passed or failed but we were told we would be notified by letter. So,I`ve got my interview on 15th of October! So,I won`t need these again-http://www.policepracticepapers.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=10 I paid £42 for the set but I know times are hard for a lot of people so if anybody wants them,they can have them for free! There are only 2 conditions- 1. You will have to collect them (I live in Grangemouth) 2. Once you have finished with…

    • 3 replies
    • 911 views
  3. IronHand
    Started by IronHand,

    Hi all, I am looking for some advice on the Special Constables post within Strathclyde. I am currently a serving Police Officer in Merseyside Police, however due to a change in circumstances (misses living in Glasgow and no signs of transferring being an option), it looks likes I am going to have to go down the route of joining as a Special in order to 'remain within the Police family' and possibly join back up as a Regular at a later date (more 2012). The one bit of information I have is from speaking to an Inspector at Jackton, however she couldn't shed much light on the Specials, but she did say I would be able to give the OST training a miss. Cheers.

    • 3 replies
    • 935 views
  4. ali boy
    Started by ali boy,

    hi there, im not yet able to apply for the specials im only 16 i was just wondering has anyone else here ever slipped a disc in there back and would i fail the medical with it in my history. thanks for the help.

    • 3 replies
    • 905 views
  5. gerryh
    Started by gerryh,

    Hi, I've been looking over the forum and I've noticed that a load of specials do full shifts, night shifts and such. I'm a wee but worried as I don't think I'll be able to do much more than 4 hour stints maybe 2 x per week for the next couple of years as I've got 2 very wee kids and a full time job that is very demanding (cue the violin). I was planning a weekend night 8-12 and maybe a week-night the same. Do people think that I'm gonny be unpopular with these plans? I start on 5th Sept BTW. G

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. KirkcaldyHibby
    Started by KirkcaldyHibby,

    Can anyone advise as to whether the above has already passed? Many thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 4.2k views
  7. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    I`ve got my SET on Monday and I`m sitting practising on past papers at the moment. I was wondering,I know Specials can do almost anything a regular officer can but is there anything a Special cant do that a regular can? Good luck to anyone sitting the SET on Monday!

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. daveywavey36
    Started by daveywavey36,

    Central Scotland Police is planning to cut 194 police posts over the next four years to save millions of pounds. Documents prepared by Chief Constable Kevin Smith show that 180 civilian staff also face the axe as the force attempts to save £11.6m by 2015. Closing police offices - many in small villages with just one community officer - is another option being considered. The force is anticipating a 24% cut in its funding, spread over four years. The proposals were considered by councillors at a meeting of the Central Scotland Joint Police Board in Falkirk . Chief Constable Smith said in his spending review that there needed to be an "honest, professional appraisal of…

    • 0 replies
    • 4.8k views
  9. Lucozade
    Started by Lucozade,

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/26/champions-league-draw-group-stage Ready for the 'Red Army'?

    • 6 replies
    • 956 views
  10. Lucozade
    Started by Lucozade,

    Folks, Where's the best place to park in Ed to then walk to the Tattoo? Distance/Cost/Theft OLPs are factors!

    • 2 replies
    • 3.8k views
  11. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    Hi everyone, Just an idea I have had, I recently got a voucher from Bedlam Paintball (based Glasgow as well as elsewhere). The voucher is for up to 24 people for a full day out (4 morning missions and 4 afternoon missions) free hot lunch if I get 10 or more booking deposits of £10 paid before 01/10/2010. Full insurance,uniform,weapons and 1 standard reloader. Apparently each reloader lasts between 1 & 2 games,further standard reloaders cost £10 or you can get a large reloader for £15 and these last average 2-3 games. The £10 deposit is returned to each player on the day in the form of £15 pyrotechnics. If we gat the 10+ players, my guess is £10 depoist and the…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. Orlov20
    Started by Orlov20,

    Guys, How do i get access to the above? Thanks P. **Edit** Ignore that, found it!

    • 2 replies
    • 783 views
  13. chrissunray
    Started by chrissunray,

    Hi there. My name is Chris and I have just been informed that my final panel interview is on the 30th September 2010. I attended the very last assessment centre in Tulliallan on the 22nd July 2010. The reason for this message is that I would appreciate any help on the best preparation for the interview and also if anyone else has their interview then. Thanks Chris

  14. Orlov20
    Started by Orlov20,

    All, Just looking for a bit of advice about policing a football match. I've never done one before but got one scheduled. What to expect? The do's & don'ts etc? Cheers guys!

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    Hi everyone. Its been really really quiet on here recently, very unlike strathclyde threads. Was wondering a few things... hows u guys getting on in the latest intake, must be a few weeks into it now... hows everyone else doing, really hard times recently with the letters etc, I really feel for you all who were still in process, how are you getting on... any one gone specials route... I, as some know, failed initial interview in may but havce gone specials route and start in september, so hopefully get to meet a few of you all before too long. I know tough times ahead and its looking bleak, but please keep this forum going, dont lose heart and keep chatting. Everyone o…

    • 10 replies
    • 1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.