Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. freddyjason13
    Started by freddyjason13,

    hi, im filling in my app form (hopefully not too late). i'm suprised there are not any core competency questions, or am i missing something. Also i tried doing the form on my mac and pc. on the mac it allows me to continue in each field beyond the space given, however the pc only allows the space given on the page. anyone experienced this and which is considered correct. also what does the 'youth' section mean. thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 502 views
  2. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    Hi Folks! Been a lurker for a while ,so I thought it was about time to register and say hello! I have to say that the advice given on here is first class and has answered so many questions I had without even posting for myself! I received a letter last week letting me know that I`ve passed the paper sift,so I`m just waiting on a date for the SET. Does anybody have any ideas of the current waiting times? I`ve also ordered these- http://www.policepracticepapers.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10&products_id=10 Has anybody else used them? Any good? One final question- I have 3 small tattoos on the inside of my arm,masonic stuff-square and compass,…

  3. dave19811546620647
    Started by dave19811546620647 * ,

    Woop Woop and got the fitness on 6th July. Anyone else heading up then??? Good luck to all at whatever stage your at

    • 2 replies
    • 609 views
    dave19811546620647 *
  4. sean dempsey
    Started by sean dempsey,

    Alright people! Just wondering where everyone else is getting? Obviously just divisions... I got K div. Ginge

    • 0 replies
    • 300 views
  5. AlfoxUK
    Started by AlfoxUK,

    Hi Folks, I was just wondering, do specials get the chance to participate in the cycle training course that is available to regular officers. If I get into the specials I would hope to get the chance as I am a keen cyclist, I think specialist clothing is giving to officers who successfully complete the course aswell, but still, i'm not sure. What is so special about the clothing that is given (if it is given) anyways. This is just a little query I was wondering about, hope you can help. cheers

    • 27 replies
    • 3.1k views
  6. sean dempsey
    Started by sean dempsey,

    Alright people! Just wondering where everyone else is getting? Obviously just divisions... I got K div. Ginge

    • 0 replies
    • 342 views
  7. del2206
    Started by del2206,

    Hi. Can anyone tell me what the Net (take home) pay is for constable starting there training with Strathclyde? I have heard so many different things about how much you pay in deductions. Anyone with any ideas let me know! Cheers!

    • 10 replies
    • 1.8k views
  8. jmtisme
    Started by jmtisme,

    when I was a special in Strathclyde we had a recreation association got us discounts and free membership of certain gyms etc. does Grampian have anything like this?

    • 4 replies
    • 5.7k views
  9. JamRock10
    Started by JamRock10,

    hi please can any one tell me if specials get paid expenses for travel there and back of just one way thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
    superman1546081181
  10. AlfoxUK
    Started by AlfoxUK,

    Hi people, I've been looking at the FAQ section of this site and was looking at what has to be said when you are 'Sworn In' and the words are as follows: "I [sAY YOUR NAME] do solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm that I will well and truly serve the Queen in the Office of Constable, with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality, upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property; and that while I continue to hold the said office I will to the best of my skill and knowledge discharge all the duties t…

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 8.5k views
  11. glasgowdavid85
    Started by glasgowdavid85,

    I was just wondering if anyone has been in the following situation: What happens if you failed at the first interview stage to become a Regular but went on to become a Special, then after a year you applied to get into the Regulars again? Would you be back at the first interview stage or second stage because you passed a interview to become a Special? Also would you have to wait on vetting to be done again and sit another medical should you pass the interview? Just questions to pass the time on the train home from work. Thanks in advance.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
    superman1546081181
  12. jadala.87
    Started by jadala.87,

    Hi Guys, I recently logged my application for the specials september intake. I live within K Division i had applied for the specials twice previously and was unsuccessful so hopefully this time i will be successful FINGERS CROSSED!! I was looking for a little information for E.G What Do I need to know. and how long is it before they let you know if you are gettin in or not? Thanks Guys James.

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 2.9k views
  13. King Scotts
    Started by King Scotts,

    I'm applying for this intake and hope anyone else uses this thread for any questions or just general chit-chat. Scotts

    • 349 replies
    • 18k views
  14. kez500
    Started by kez500,

    is there now a fitness test for specials for tayside police?? aaaaaaaaaaaaaa im scared......help

    • 4 replies
    • 4.9k views
  15. Highway Patrolman
    Started by Highway Patrolman,

    Does anyone know and could tell me the sub divisions within K division and where they cover? thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 993 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.