Police Scotland
2332 topics in this forum
-
I have managed to find warrant cards of most forces in the UK but strangely enough i dont have a picture of a Strathclyde Police one. Would anyone be able to help me?
-
Just been reading over the application as i am applying for the first 2011 intake. Got two question to ask.. 1) At the part where you have to enter details about your father, here's the thing. I HAVE NEVER met or know anything about him and wish not to at any point in my life. Will this effect my chances in joining and at the vetting stage of the process. 2) Also how would i get two reference's as i have been at college since i have left school which was about 4 years ago.Would a lecture and a guidance teacher count as they would have known me for 3 years Thanks for any replies i get in advance
-
Been invited for my Final Panel Interview for Lothian and Borders on 17th July! Very nervous but really excited at the same time.....any advice from anyone who been there and done that!
-
Hi. I have passed the SET and vetting and am now facing my interview for the specials this weekend. I got told about the interview on Tuesday so not much time to prepare really. I phoned my local nick to track down a special to talk to but none work from there, and I've left my name and address with Dumbarton to see if someone from there could give me call so I could pick their brains. Someone may get back to me but not heard anything yet and I don't want to go unprepared! I wonder if any serving strathclyde special would be willing to give me a bell to help me prepare for the interview? I'd really appreciate it.
-
For any naysayers, this video is obviously just a muckabout by someone on youtube and isnt intended to cause harm or offence, or to in any way, undermine Strathclyde police or any other police force. Now watch
-
Hi everyone , I have just received my date for my final interview, after waiting 6 months for the vetting to be complete! I was wondering if anyone would be so nice as to pm me with some advice/tips as to what I can expect? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks Nik :smiley_help:
-
Hello all, I had drugs and final fitness on 13th may. Wondering when conformation will be sent for start date? Anyone else had word who was there on that date?
-
Hello All, I am new to this forum and thought this would be the appropriate place to post this question. My question is: What are the core competencies of the Lothian and Borders Police Service? The reason I ask is that alot of application tips mention knowing these competencies but also say they can be different for each force. I have tried researching this on the internet but have not found anything specific as of yet. I was just wondering if anyone could enlighten me. Thanks in advance, Regards, Woody1421 (Dan)
-
- 6 replies
- 3.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have the assessment centre 2 weeks today (nervous already!) and was wondering about a couple of things. So far I have been mainly worried about the fitness stage, and I have been doing as much as I can to ensure I do ok on the day (fingers crossed!). However, I was wondering about some things... 1 - If i get to the 'Information Gathering Interview' stage, how many people interview me (is it a panel or 1 person) and how long roughly does it last? 2 - In the email I got sent, it said to bring a P.E kit and overnight bag. It said to bring the P.E kit to registration. Should I also take the overnight bag with me just in case or leave it in my car? I don't want to look…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The force is holding its force family funday on 12th June its only held every two years members of support staff and officers families who have been before will know how good a day it is.
-
Hi all, Just wondering where everyone is buying their parade shoes etc from? Don't have a clue where to start!
-
Anyone know who makes the current L&B issue cycle vests?
-
Got my date in for SET on 8th July, will anyone else out there be joining me?
-
Hi all, Does anyone know where I can get the 2009/2010 or 2010/2011 annual report for Tayside Police. I have been using the CC report 08/09 for my preperation for the Assessment Event. Any other information regarding policies etc would be much appreciated thanks, Mike.C.
-
did anybody else meant to have there interview the mora n got a phone call telling them it was cancelled?