Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. snicky24
    Started by snicky24 * ,

    Question is in the title really. Was just wondering how different they are and how much research I should be doing for the a/c interview. I'm going to Tulli next month so would really appreciate any tips. Thanks guys!

    • 1 reply
    • 658 views
  2. JDavo
    Started by JDavo,

    Hi all I have got my set coming up on the 1st of july. Just wondering if anyone could tell me what percentage of the written papers i need to get correct. I have done the practice exams on the strathclyde website and achieved at least 85% correct and i only got it that low as i read 1 of the questions wrong!! Im not to worried about the 1.5m run as i can do that in 10mins atm!! any help would be appriciated

    • 1 reply
    • 712 views
    superman1546081181
  3. 786
    Started by 786,

    Hi all, first time user here. I've just completed the application on computer and emailed it to recruitment. Just wondering if anyone else sent theirs of this way and how long does it take to get a response. Any help would be much appreciated.

    • 3 replies
    • 462 views
  4. port
    Started by port,

    Hi there, Anyone got any info/experience with this lot? Fool me for police every time . (They're quite good at getting the details right... the radio, the belt etc.). Only ever seen them wandering round in 3s or scribbling in a note book. Cheers DJ

    • 51 replies
    • 6.2k views
  5. F12ODO
    Started by F12ODO,

    Hi all, I have just joined the site as it looks very helpful. I have been looking at joining the police force as a special or a reg for some time now. I have read by numerous people that it would be best to join as a special to start with. I have a couple of questions. 1.) My father has a liquor licence and owns an off licence store in the town we live in. This would stop me being able to work in our home town but would this stop me being able to work in the whole division? 2.) I have my own personal liquor licence which allows me to work in my fathers store. It is just part time as I already have a full time job. Would I be able to carry on doing this or would…

    • 3 replies
    • 2.4k views
  6. a.mcewan
    Started by a.mcewan,

    How long is it you go to tullialan for I thought it was 15 weeks but have been told 13 weeks. Could anybody tell me?

    • 2 replies
    • 973 views
  7. ali boy
    Started by ali boy,

    what things do you get asked at your inital interview. im asking so i can start now and get ready and start reading up on things.

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  8. steviec19
    Started by steviec19,

    Hi All Just wondering if anyone else had their initial or final interview yesterday at FTRC. How did it go? Stevie

    • 1 reply
    • 550 views
  9. DAC2190
    Started by DAC2190,

    Morning, I was just wondering if anyone had worked at the choices for life gig before? I am doing it tomorrow, reading that there will be 8000 11 year olds over both days Cheers DAC2190

    • 6 replies
    • 2.4k views
  10. glasgowdavid85
    Started by glasgowdavid85,

    Just to double check. Is it back to the class work with a test on Airwaves? If so whats people using as study material? Next week at OST would I be right in saying at Jackton is CS Spray and the test?

    • 1 reply
    • 679 views
  11. a.mcewan
    Started by a.mcewan,

    Hi i have my set and fitness test tomorrow and was just wondering if they want you to show up wearing your training gear or quite smart. does anybody know?

    • 15 replies
    • 1.9k views
  12. Jarv1e
    Started by Jarv1e * ,

    Hey, I have currently enrolled to do a HNC in Police service @ James Watt in kilwinning, starting in september & have received an unconditional offer (Yassss!) The main topics it covers is: Sociology, Psychology, PE, Scottish Legal system & such . I was just wondering wether anyone has done this course or a samilar course which has helped them join up? Or whats your opinion on doing such a course? I reckon it's not going to do any harm (Heard the recruitments dropped from 800 - 300 this year) plus givez my time to pass the old driving test! Well any views or opinions are much appreciated! Jarv :wink:

  13. gramophone
    Started by gramophone,

    all the practice papers for sale £30 pick up only.

    • 1 reply
    • 559 views
    colin_j_84 *
  14. fitnessfan
    Started by fitnessfan,

    Hi all I've got a wee query I'd like some help with for my application. This may sound daft but I have to ask... At the bottom of page 1 where it states to tick the appropriate box, it asks for marital status and then gender. Is this asking for my gender or my partner/spouse's gender? I was thinking it may be my partner's as I have stated in the equality monitoring form that I am female. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

    • 5 replies
    • 584 views
  15. vinceuk08
    Started by vinceuk08,

    Morning. I'm just about to go for final panel interview and was wondering if anyone had an advise on what to know and how to prepare. any feedback would be helpfull. Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.