Police Scotland
2332 topics in this forum
-
Hi all, I passed my medical the other day, but due to the building works at jackton you can no longer just pop round to the office to get a date for final fitness. Not sure if i'll get a letter or a phonecall. Just wondered if anyone else was in the same position!
-
-
Hi folks, We have many children in our policing areas who have never excelled at school or been top of any class or list until they reached the notice boards of repeat offenders in our CP rooms. They continue to be brought back to the station and then returned to the children's unit. The police are only doing their job. The children's unit are only doing their job. The social care and child psychologists are only doing their jobs. Why are all these services only doing their jobs until the children become adults and are locked up in prison for repeat offending. Who is going to really make the change. Who is going to stand up with these kids and say, together we did it…
-
Hi All, Can anybody tell me what the normal patrol boots police officers prefer,and where is the best place to buy. :whistle2: Cheers Steviep
-
I've been keeping an eye on the Strathclyde Police website for station assistant posts. Can you give me an idea of what this sort of work is like ? Are you valued by the officers, is there any risk of assault or abuse, do you feel worthwhile, what's the positives & negatives ? My current job involves a mixture of office work, and dealing with the public, but i'm bored and feeling underused and undervalued. A new challenge and being a bit busier would be welcome.
-
Hey good folks, was wondering what strathclyde police think about facial hair, its just I've had a goatee for god knows how long and would hate to shave it off. Alan.
-
i got this idea after reading that someone cant remember who... has not got a car to get to jackton/ tuilli,,,,,, and with petrol prices at record high i thought that this might be a decent idea? where one drives and take another (could be more than one) and split the costs? if any one interested im from the south side of glasgow ... feel free to use this thread to try to arragne your own car share. mmm thinking about it also very envionmetally friendly ....
-
- 5 replies
- 820 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Anyone get the email for the football dates required within Q div?! Ham Acc games in particulare. Anyone gonna out them selves forward to work it?! Wondering what time the briefing usually at if a 19.45 kick off?! I know breifing usually at 12 for a 15:00 hrs kick off - do you reckon would be the same 3 hours before the evening one's also? never done a football game in the evening before hence my question :D
-
Hi, I applied for Strathclyde Police last Summer for the regs but did not get in and was advised that i could re-apply after 12 months - ie October 2010. However i have heard that some people are not having to wait the full year to re-apply and have been able to re-apply from this month April 2010. Has anyone else heard anything about this happening. Cheers Craig
-
Hi folks, I have my assessment centre coming up in may and I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how much I need to learn about my local force ( lothian and borders ) for the interview session ?. I have been lucky enough to get a reasonable amount of time to prepare for the centre and have spent a lot of time on my fitness and also doing plenty of mock SETs but im worried I dont know enough about my local force if im asked questions on it. Any help would be much apprieciated. Also any hints and tips for the centre would be great. Cheers
-
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Does anyone know what the time limit between applications for SC is? Is it different if you have applied and failed to get in to an English force/BTP? Cheers, DJ
-
Right, im about as physically fit as a potato. Now, i CAN do the 1.5km in quite a bit under 12 mins, using the "Run walk" technique used by people trainging for marathons....... But i hear on the grapevine that slowing down from a jog to a fast walk results in a FAIL...... ?? ??
-
I have the opportunity to join Roads Policing as a dedicated special but I'm returning to a long held concern of mine...some of you will remember me going on about it (a lot lol) before finally taking the plunge and joining the specials. The concern relates to court and how many times I could find myself there. I have the third most hrs in G Division and have yet to be in court, despite the fact that I've been involved in a whole host of cases. With the traffic though, I'm guessing that A LOT of their work involves fixed penalties and the like which a significant number of people might contest. My contact suggests that it could be one to two citations a month although th…
-
-
Would somebody be able to tell me if a special constable is able to work in a bookies for example william hill, behind the desk serving customers. I'm unsure about this becuase I know you cant work in a pub. Any help is appreciated! Thanks