Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. Pete1546620600
    Started by Pete1546620600,

    I'm just back from my local station after dropping in on the off chance that I could talk with one of the probationers there. It was great, he answered all of my questions told me about his duties, what the job entails, his time at tulliallan and what the probation would be like. He was really encouraging, friendly and helpful. Even gave me some tips on the interview techniques too and let me know everything he thought I would need to know. So if you have any fears worries or concerns about joining I'd recomend going and talking to your local police officers.

    Pete1546620600
  2. df86
    Started by df86,

    Hi, this is my virgin post so i think I'm doing it rite? I Have applied for L&B and got through my test centre day and home interview, now I have my panel interview on Tuesday the 24th. Everything has been moving at about a 100mph and I'm now starting to get a little nervous towards the last hurdle. The vetting officer told me that my panel interview would last about 40 mins, but everybody Ive talked to said it was really brief and lasted about 10. Any pointers on what I'm likely to face would be much appreciated.

    Follow The Sapper
  3. jenlonglegs
    Started by jenlonglegs,

    Hey everyone, got my date today for medical on the 19th April, anyone else?? jen

    • 5 replies
    • 611 views
    Follow The Sapper
  4. delboy10
    Started by delboy10,

    Just a quick question ,are you tested at all on your swimming ability,or do you have to be able to swim at all.i have looked through forum and can t seem to find any information.i can swim its just not one of my srong points just wondering if i should be working on it or not.

  5. deek87
    Started by deek87 * ,

    Hey, how you all doing? I was set to have my initial interview in 3 weeks but was told today that it's been moved to the middle of June due to building work at the FTRC. I'm right in the zone for getting prepared for it aswell so i'm pretty gutted its been put back a further 8 weeks. Just wondering if anyone else has been affected by this? deek

    • 2 replies
    • 414 views
  6. R3con
    Started by R3con,

    Out curiousity, Do any of you work as a special in the area where they live or work (in your normal job/college etc..)? Cheers, Chris (edited to make more sense.)

    • 28 replies
    • 2.4k views
  7. Zatarg
    Started by Zatarg,

    Hey Guys, I just sent my application away this morning (So if you'll have me I'll be training in Sept?) Reading through these forums I came across a topic which suggests that in some forces the Specials are out on the street 90% of the time and the regulars handle most of the paperwork whereas in others the Specials handle all the paperwork just like a regular would. Which of these examples is L&B closest too? It's unlikely to deter my application either way so don't feel you need to make it sound glitzy

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
  8. grahamm31
    Started by grahamm31,

    Anyone from here starting on the 26th April?

    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
  9. JayStewart
    Started by JayStewart,

    Hey there, Just looking to see if anyone else has got their SETs and fitness on 6th April, an also to see if they are panicking as much as me?

    • 9 replies
    • 701 views
  10. Fingerscrossed1546620627
    Started by Fingerscrossed1546620627,

    Hi guys. Due to go for assesment for L+B in mid may. Fitness test should be ok - Fairly confident with the Sets.....But i struggle to find info with regards to the Information Gathering Interview - what does this consist of, and where should i be looking for info. Also, im not 100% sure on what the second day ACTAULLY consists of - anyone been and done it ??? Thanks for any advice in advance.

    • 5 replies
    • 809 views
    u04hb51546620580 *
  11. tracye
    Started by tracye,

    I am certainly not a girly girl but I want to make sure I cover all grounds. I have my initial interview very soon and although I'm pretty prepared with my research, I've visited stations & spoken to probationers, I'm unsure how strict I should be on myself i.e. I will obviously be dressed smart but can I wear my hair loose. Or should I wear it back as if I were an officer? I know it's really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things but I really want to cover all grounds and not let myself down on something like that.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. AlfoxUK
    Started by AlfoxUK,

    Hey folks need your help on this, Tonight I was walking with my mate and his dog along the canal path close to where I live when in the distance I saw (and heard) a large group of people shouting and swearing and stuff, so we turned round and walked back the way to avoid getting into a sticky situation. We then heard "POLICE, STAY THERE!" so we both turned round and had spoke to two police officers, gave our details etc and told them that we aren't associated with youths at the end of the path, so they asked us to leave the area. But there are a few things wrong with how they were acting with us tonight, for example, thinking back to seeing their warrant cards on thei…

    • 27 replies
    • 3.2k views
  13. superman1546081181
    Started by superman1546081181,

    What do you think of this? Should be happening more often! I personally think its good to show the public that these people do get caught eventually. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgo...est/8555079.stm

    • 20 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. cwctr
    Started by cwctr,

    my hi-vis jacket has gone walkabouts i think and i was just wondering how i go about getting a new one. can i call up stores or do i need to get something signed and then call up stores? any advice would be great! thanks

    • 19 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. tyler25
    Started by tyler25,

    Hey all, I know this subject has been posted before but I think a few folks have had a bit of movement. Anyone else waiting on dates for medical and fitness? I had my interview on 24th february but haven't heard anything as yet. Any other folks out there who have had final recently?

    • 29 replies
    • 1.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.