Police Scotland
2332 topics in this forum
-
THINKING ABOUT JOINING MY HEIGHT IS 5"7 AND I WEIGHT ABOUT 10 STONE THINK THIS WOULD OK OR WOULD BE TOLD TO BEEF UP.
-
I HAVE BEEN DRIVING FOR 21 YEARS AND IN THAT TIME I HAVE BEEN STOPPED FOR SPEEDING 5 TIMES,THAT THE MOMENT I HAVE 3 POINTS 2 YEARS OLD ANYONE THINK THIS WOULD CAUSE A PROBLEM.
-
I've been practicing my running for a while, and know I can pass the fitness easily enough now (11.40 for 1.5 miles - I'm assuming if I can pass the run then I should also be able to do a bleep test if needs be?) so its on with the application. I've printed it out and am filling it in as a rough draft before doing the final version. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to submitting it by post or email? I'm a bit stumped by what to put for one of the questions ... under general information "other information: give details of any special skills/attributes together with any other information you may wish to be considered in your application" What sort of things are othe…
-
hiya, I'm really sorry if this question has been asked before (probably loads) but i've had a quick look but I dont have the internet so only get to go online for a wee while at my parents. I'm overweight atm - my bmi is about 32 atm and i'm pretty unfit (went for 14mins on the tredmill there to see how far i could go, i made 1.1 miles and i was KNACKERED lol!) so obviously i'm wanting to work on my fitness a bit - but i'm unsure as to how long roughly i'd have between applying and the fitness... i'm soo eager to apply that i've more or less filled out the form but just think it might be a wee bit too early fitness wise to apply if the date is soon? on the other hand i …
-
hi all, this waiting is a nightmare eh, i'd love to be able to offer myself for any cancellations to speed up the process. Waiting on my initial interview in late may. I have also been watching my credit file to see when financial search is done, but nothing yet, it has been suggested to me that crim search etc will be partially done as we wouldnt be near Jacton for anything otherwise. I have nothing to worry about in any of these areas but its really good to know when stuff is done because you feel steps closer.
-
Hi there! This is my first post although i have been a member for a while. I am currently a special in Q Division but I originally applied as a regular and am looking to re-apply at the end of this year. One of the reasons I decided to apply is that I am fed up with my current job in retail and decided to make the move into a career that I really want to pursue. With this in mind I have been looking at other jobs in the meantime and have come across a custody and security officer role within Strathclyde Police. It is a 12 month temporary position which suits me fine and would provide me with valuable training and experience for when I apply again to join the regs. My …
-
Ok before i start i know the source is the evening times and not the official force website Following on from discusions in the main forum i saw this artice in the eveningtimes yesterday: Glasgow's beat bobbies are to be armed with Tasers within weeks. Strathclyde Police has revealed specially selected officers are to be issued with the powerful stun guns. The weapons will be used by teams in Glasgow city centre and Rutherglen from April 1. The move comes after it was reported that around 4,000 officers have been assaulted each year over the last four years. If the pilot scheme is successful the stun guns will be introduced to all 29 sub-divisions in the Strathclyde…
-
Have a look at this and discuss...... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgo...est/8646459.stm And lets consider you were found driving without insurance - you'd get a £200 fine, your car seized, £150, and 6 penalty points.....compared with a quarter of a million pound fraud. Discuss......
-
I see on the SRS site, it clearly states that "Those applicants may be given an opportunity to re-sit the fitness assessment at a later date. " How does this work, i presume you have to give a very good reason for failing the test.......As i happens i am due to go in for a operation for a double hernia the day after the 2 days..... Secondly, can someone give me any info on the CTT - the site doesnt say much about it....what can i do to prepare for it, or is there anything that can help me pass it ? thanks once in again, in advance.
-
Morning all, I was wondering about something and thought I would maybe find the best help here? I have been using the CC report 08/09 for my preperation for the final interview but is there anyone who has managed to get hold of the 09/10 publication given that they normally run to the end of March? Has it even been published yet? Cheers
-
Hey there folks. I E:Mailed my application form off today, my nerves are shreadded already lol. Was really supprised with the form TBH. Ive applied for Tayside 4 or 5 years ago (Got to the final interview stage) because im from Perth and there was alot more info required for that one, also there wasn't an option to E:mail the form either. Must say i like Strathclydes way of doing things. Think ive done things the wrong way round though. The other threads that i've read seem to have gone for getting the fitness up then applying. Im just about to start my training tomorrow. One question i have is do Strathclyde use the push pull strength test? If so, whats the best way to…
-
-
So, i applied last year and got binned at the interview and told to reapply in 12 months. I did so on the 24th last month, and i got a letter today asking me to go and do the fitness test on the 27th of this month! Quick eh? Im going to reschedule it as im grannie sitting down south with my missuz, but at least the balls rolling again. Its been a slow arse year plodding along in security, and i am well and truely more ready for the black uniform than ever. But we shall see. Im going to keep this post updated, and id love any advice for the initial interview as people can come up with, as this is my biggest fear (until the 2nd interview!) All the best folkies, Sean D
-
I filled in my online application in the middle of February, had my 2 day assessment on 8/9th April and have now been invited for a panel interview on 29th April. Is the process always so quick? most people have told me it takes a lot longer than this? Also, can anyone tell me what to expect from the panel interview under the new shared recruitment process? What kind of questions do they ask and how long will it last etc? I assume its slightly different from what I have read it was like under the previous scheme. Many thanks, Craig
-
Hey there, Starting at Jackton 2moro and just wondering what to expect on the first day, Im planning on taking my PE kit and boots n shoes etc but is the first day recieving uniforms, shown how to take care of them, presentations etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Mondo
-
- 2 replies
- 538 views
- 1 follower
-