Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. jenlonglegs
    Started by jenlonglegs,

    Hey everyone...I cant seem to find a lint free cloth for my boots,been in so many cobblers....anyway my point is, would a lint free cloth from Halfords do the same job?? Any tips on the go for where to start with the polish,cotton wool,brushes etc...got so far as breaking boots and shoes in?? Cheers jen

    • 40 replies
    • 6.3k views
    Follow The Sapper
  2. misstdeonge
    Started by misstdeonge,

    Hi, I passed my final interview on Tuesday and am due to start training for L&B Specials in April. Just wanted to say Hi to everyone on here & ask if anybody else is due to start then?

    • 45 replies
    • 7k views
    Oystercatcher
  3. stevef87
    Started by stevef87,

    Hi all! I'm new to these forums, which by the way seem to be amazing for info from people on the same boat! Joining the police has been a dream of mine from a young age, one I am now ready to persue, and am planning on submitting my application this week hopefully! A quick question though for anyone who might know or share a thought. When I was 15 I was arrested for being in posession of some cannabis, the charge was sent to the procurator fiscal as i turned 16 a few days later, but then sent back to childrens panel as I was 15 when I commited the offence, then dropped by them with no further action. Although I believe this is removed from my record as I was pre-16, I…

    • 3 replies
    • 648 views
  4. swood74
    Started by swood74,

    Hi Guys, Just wondered if anyone can help, I am in the process of completing my Initial Application for papershift to Strathcylde and there is a question about debt and arrears, I have approx £7,000 in Child Maintenance Arrears of which accrued during the initial years while the payment assessment was being sorted out. I have been paying this back in agreement with the agency for at least the last 6 years. I have put on the form that I will be able to clear the balance as a condition of employment if necessary through funds released upon Sale of my property. Will this be a problem as I have never missed a payment or had arrears on any loan or mortgage throughout my who…

  5. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    reading another forum thread somewhere says July intake is 19th, anyone confirm this. Could it be anyway possible that if successful through all stages that this intake could be made, have initial interview late May?

    • 31 replies
    • 2.8k views
    Steve211546620575
  6. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    just found out today by letter failed initial interview, absolutely gutted, so hacked off. Ive asked recruitment to give me feedback as to why and they said they'll phone me tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else in the process and hope you all do better than I did. Its going to be a agonisingly long 1 year to wait. Just hope the decline is due to something I can change for next time. All the best everyone.. Kev.

    • 15 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. Technowizz
    Started by Technowizz,

    So whos going to jackton this weekend for OST?

    • 27 replies
    • 2.8k views
  8. lorra27
    Started by lorra27,

    Hi im new to all this! im laura, 27 getting on a bit and been wanting to join police for ages but thought i would get some life experience in my younger days before i decided to apply! applied and had my set exam last week (failed) gutted! even shed a tear in my car! had a ditzy moment in one of the papers and missed a whole bloody section which i realised 5min before the end! getting 2nd date soon through post! so should be sitting it again in next 6weeks i would think! been out of studying for a while been studying police entrance book and online couldnt have done more studying and didnt take the rejection well lol! Does anyone know how to get hold of past exam pape…

    • 11 replies
    • 2.5k views
  9. a.mcewan
    Started by a.mcewan,

    Does anybody know what division letter Glasgow Baird Street is or where to find it? i.e. A,B

    • 7 replies
    • 926 views
  10. Daniel_C
    Started by Daniel_C,

    Is there any cadet schemes in this area?

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  11. clarabee21
    Started by clarabee21,

    Hi I just got my date for my SET's but there was no mention of the fitness being done on this day, however I got informed that this would be on later date . . . does anybody know?

    • 5 replies
    • 587 views
  12. jenlonglegs
    Started by jenlonglegs,

    Hey, I passed my final interview yesterday,soooooo pleased....I was last in a full day of interviews,just wondering if anyone else was there?

    hibee1546620559
  13. Technowizz
    Started by Technowizz,

    Evening, Im very upset, my beloved hat grew two legs and walked last weekend! that was from going from the patrol car to the Cp office, I'm wondering (begging lol) if anyone has a old / spare size 55 or 56 hat they could possible spare me? Insp had approved a request for a new one for me but goodness knows how long that will take. I cant do any events without one, even the night I was working when it walked, I had to go home early as I was meant to be doing the local night club, but could't cause of no hat :D If anyone could help me out please PM Would be much apreciated Techno :D <<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>.oops no hat

    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. garygary86
    Started by garygary86,

    Found this on the past papers website, thinking of joining up. Thought I'd post to help anyone else with SETs coming up A six week SET Preparation Course will run in Glasgow city centre on Monday and Wednesday evenings 6.45pm to 9.15pm starting on Monday 31st May 2010 For more details contact: John Perry: 07932 480450 or Debbie Bear: 07757 666711

    • 3 replies
    • 597 views
  15. PC MacTablet
    Started by PC MacTablet +,

    Conference is on next weekend - anyone here, apart from myself, attending from L&B? Edit: I should add this is the national conference - and although I've posted in the L&B section it would be good to hear from those from other Scottish forces who will be attending!!

    • 6 replies
    • 2.7k views
    JOHN1546080796

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.