Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. Usman
    Started by Usman,

    Hi guys I was just wondering if anybody knows what uniform we have to pay for and what uniform we get given?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Col1874
    Started by Col1874,

    Hi There! I was in the Muirhouse area (No I wasn't socialising!) on Wednesday night when the blaze started, and I was keeping an eye on events as 100's of others were. As you may be aware, several fire hoses (8 I think) and a Fire Officer's car tyres got slashed. I am shocked to see how many comments there are in the Edinburgh Evening News regarding the way the police 'didn't do their job'. In your opinion, could the tyre and hose slashing have been prevented, bearing in mind that Muirhouse is a rough area, so there were bound to be ned's around. Road conditions were hellish, there would have probably been several accidents in town with police in attendance The bl…

    • 10 replies
    • 6.5k views
  3. Col1874
    Started by Col1874,

    Good Afternoon All! I've just checked the L&B Website and it would appear that applications are no longer being accepted. What I'd like to know, is where that puts the likes of myself and others already in the recruitment process. I have just completed my two day assessment and am waiting to hear back about that. Others have not even had their two day assessment. Have any of you got any ideas where we stand? Thanks, Colin

    • 10 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Experienced Officer *
  4. richie85
    Started by richie85,

    Hi Guys I am currently a special with the MET but am thinking of a slight change in my day job and joining the police full time. Lothian and Borders has caught my eye as I think it will be a total change. Whats it like up there? Is it a nice place to live and work? Any comments would be most helpful. Thanks Rich

    • 24 replies
    • 4.9k views
  5. Col1874
    Started by Col1874,

    Question is as it says on the tin - Do L&B Specials have 'SC' in their Shoulder ID numbers? I read the following and it made me wonder... http://www.policespe...showtopic=48235

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 3.9k views
  6. chris360
    Started by chris360,

    Am a bit embarrassed to ask this but do I put Strathclyde in the box where it says"Forced applied to" ?? . Not sure if that's for official use only. Its the very first area where you can fill in..

    • 20 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. spl2jp
    Started by spl2jp,

    Removed original post. All those with dates for assessment will be honoured. Sorry for any confusion.

    • 18 replies
    • 2.4k views
    Experienced Officer *
  8. Lakey21
    Started by Lakey21,

    Hey, I was just wondering if anyone will be attending on the above dates, I am really exited and cant wait for next week, fitness is good and studying is going good Thanks Alan

    • 7 replies
    • 5.2k views
  9. Col1874
    Started by Col1874,

    I thought i'd create a thread to see how many of you have applied for the next lot of Specials, due to start in April 2011. L&B Should have received my application form yesterday. Why are you applying? I've applied because since the day I left school (in 1999) I have wanted to join the police for several reasons! I was gutted to learn that when I was 18, a Galashiels officer told me at an open day that there were two major reasons for me not to apply. 1. My eyesight would be an immediate rejection 2. I was too young (18 at the time of the open day) Now though, I am 26 (soon to be 27) and have had my eyes corrected via laser eye surgery. I had originally applie…

    • 15 replies
    • 4.2k views
    Wingnut1546080784
  10. KimGus85
    Started by KimGus85,

    :)Hey just wondering if anyone is going to be in "B" Division ?

    • 0 replies
    • 997 views
  11. KimGus85
    Started by KimGus85,

    I was wondering how soon it is after Training ends after 5th Dec does it take before we are given a post in our divisons ? is anyone going to B divison ?. The only reason I ask this is becasue Like my divison it a big unit and I hope that I dont have to wait to long after training to get "suck in" as they say ?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
    superman1546081181
  12. superman1546081181
    Started by superman1546081181,

    Seen this article today:- http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/186217-strathclyde-police-chief-constable-calls-for-single-scottish-police-force/ I know there has been talks if this in the past few years, but with new budget cuts do you think this will be happening asap. Do you think this will be a good thing? Good and bad points??

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. mezmary
    Started by mezmary,

    Hi, If I decide to join the regulars after my 12 months as a special (if they are recruitting again by then), will I be posted away from my area? I love where I live, have a really nice house that I don't want to move from, and all my family and friends are close by. I think I'll enjoy the specials and will want to move to regular after the 12months, but the only thing that puts me off is the fact that I wont be able to work in my home town. Is it true that they wont employ you in your home town, and how does the whole thing work? How do they decide where to put you if you apply for regular?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
  14. joemaxi
    Started by joemaxi,

    Is anybody else thinking of this option? I'm quite luck as I only work 4 shifts a week and after the recruitment bombshell,I thought I might try the Specials. I have a couple of concerns though, mainly about the treatment of specials by regular officers-has anyone had any experiences? My other concern is that I live in Falkirk, so I don't live within the force boundary. I tried to phone recruitment today but I assume it was closed due to the bank holiday. I'll try again tomorrow and see if the can change my application from a regular to a special, I suppose I can only ask! I haven't sat the SET yet, I was just waiting for a test date so my application wasn't too far a…

    • 6 replies
    • 901 views
  15. Orlov20
    Started by Orlov20,

    What's the general view with Specials buying their own kit? Specifically the lightweight high viz jackets?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.