Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Police Scotland

 
 
  1. KimGus85
    Started by KimGus85,

    Do SC get issued with a warrent card or ....?

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 2k views
    scottyboy1546081036
  2. glasgowdavid85
    Started by glasgowdavid85,

    Last night I washed the Lightweight Hi-Vis jacket and followed all the instructions on the label. I allowed the jacket to dry but this morning but when I woke up the Police sign at the back and front after 6 hours of hanging up to dry was all patchy. Like some of the sign was light grey and some dark grey. I washed the jacket in the machine on its own as well. Is this normal, this outcome and does the sign need more than 6 hours to dry out?Â

    • 2 replies
    • 773 views
    glasgowdavid85
  3. Orlov20
    Started by Orlov20,

    After a lenghty conversation regarding my resignation with both training & sergeants in CP, I've decided to get back out on duty. The only one thing is prior to my last shift somone half-inched my hat. See if i got my segeant to sign the form , would i be able to take it myself to stores and get a hat there and then?

    • 2 replies
    • 844 views
  4. DAVID21183
    Started by DAVID21183,

    Hi, I was planning to apply for the regular police but due to the recruitment freeze i have decided to apply for the specials instead. I am just wondering if anyone knows if the recruitment get in contact with your current employer. I am asking this because i don't really want my boss to get any suspicions that i want to leave to join the regular police. I would also like to know what kind of hours those of you who are already in the specials work per week as a special. Thanks

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 975 views
    Alan Partridge +
  5. deano232
    Started by deano232,

    Hey guys. Does anybody have any old Practice Papers they wish to rid themselves of and sell?? About to order the £40 pack from www.policepracticepapers.co.uk, seems a little steep although the price is nothing if it helps me in to the Special Constabulary! (Apologies if I just committed some form of advertisement offence!) From the sounds of it, they are really worth it. Can't go wrong with being extra prepared! Have my SET in 9 days and counting Heads down and the pens are out Look forward to seeing you all at training (Sept intake) if I manage to get through. Fingers Crossed! I seem to be one of the very last people going through the process for the September i…

    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
  6. mezmary
    Started by mezmary,

    does anyone know it? Have tried ringing jackton etc but couldn't get it. I live 120 miles away from the recruitment centre, so I can't just pop round for a uniform fitting...need to arrange it for the same day as my medical, which apparantly I will have to arrange with supplies. Help.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. KK14
    Started by KK14 +,

    Anyone doing this tomorrow night?

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 2.4k views
  8. CKF
    Started by CKF * ,

    Good Morning Im supposed to have my initial interview on Friday, any ideas on whether or not this will go ahead? I've got a feeling it might not due to the recent announcements. Thanks CKF

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. SpeccopUK
    Started by SpeccopUK,

    Hi, Just wondered if anyone is going to the assessment centre on the above dates Cheers Speccop

  10. sean dempsey
    Started by sean dempsey,

    Alright people! Just wondering where everyone else is getting? Obviously just divisions... I got K div. Ginge

    • 15 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    Hi guys, not long now til 5th september. Can any current specials guide pls. My pal is in central specials and has shown me his course modules (sessions) folder. Although it is headed on each section central scotland police learning and development, would anyone know if the modules are standardised across Scotland, or would the guess be that they would be just very similar. Also can anyone advise what testing is involved during the 12 weeks prior to oath and what the pass marks may be at. cheers.

    • 4 replies
    • 784 views
  12. KimGus85
    Started by KimGus85,

    I have just passed my interview for the SC in take for September and would be crush if it does not go ahead .Only reason am worried is that it still cost alot to train SCs . My heart goes to to anybody that gets caught up in these cuts . But don't give up.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Morse1546080805
  13. mezmary
    Started by mezmary,

    Hi all, Was advised in other are of this site to post here about uniform. Does Strathclyde issue Specials with boots or do they give you an allowance or expect you to buy your own or what? Thanks :lol:

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
    superman1546081181
  14. Strathy-
    Started by Strathy- +,

    Friend of mine has just been informed her recruitment has been cancelled because of cuts, anyone else been affected? Bit rubbish when they've just passed every bit of selection to be then cancelled.

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. mini-taz

    Hi All Just thought i would start the comments on the news of the Strathclyde Police has decided to freeze recruitment for both police officers and police staff. With the othe forces in the UK doing this i thought it was only a matter of time, but even so i am wondering? What will happen to the Specials that have or are going too finish there minium required for applying to be a regular? Will it be across the board no recruitment? I am thinking So! I was looking forrward to applying when my 1st year is up in December. Lets hope that the Freeze thaws out sooner rather than later. Check out the link below www.strathclyde.police.uk/index.asp?locID=1524&docID=789…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
    superman1546081181

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.