Police Scotland
2332 topics in this forum
-
Evening all. No doubt posts like this come around all the time and I am in the process of going through the forum, but I have my interview for the Specials next month, and looking for any tips, advice on what to expect etc. Thanks in advance. Kev
-
I was reading a newspaper this afternoon and I noticed that Strathclyde raided some houses all around Glasgow to prevent the rise in gangland wars. I didn't know much about it at the present time, so I continued to read the story. So, I finally found out that the story is about two people (who are probably neds) who got attacked by other gang members. One of them got their head smashed in by a power tool, and the other one got his genitals cut off or something along those lines. I also read that this was continued by a murder which happened in front of an Asda store somewhere in Glasgow. At the current moment, he is suppose to be recovering and has came out of his coma.…
-
Hi all, I'm a new special constable within Strathclyde and looking for some advice/guidance from you more experienced guys. I've had a few shifts which have all been really quiet, so now started doing Saturday nights and things are starting to get good . Airwave - I'm not very confident on using it as i'm not sure what to say or how to say it. What do you guys usually say and how do you do it. Point 2Point - Do you just type the ISSI number and press the large side button? Public - When dealing with the public do you guys do some of the talking or do you leave it up to the regulars? as in my current job I have to deal with public and sometimes have to tell them t…
-
Ok, I'm interested in hearing about what you all get up to on a shift. EVERYONE!! Tom, I’m sure you have some good stories. SC Barbie, I hope you have something to tell us about your first shift today. RJ99, you can tell us how the Saturday shift goes! Tostie, your first shift, was it ok? and anyone else i have missed, please share! Share your experiences and we can all learn from mistakes, eh tom! Also, lets keep chit chat to other threads, this ones just for shift stories.....
-
All, Quite an interesting read. It might even be the outcome of cases you have dealt with. http://www.scotland-judiciary.org.uk/2/0/Judgments-And-Sentences P.
-
-
Hi everyone, Now the divisions have been requested, I was wondering where all the N division peeps are hoping for. I was hoping initially for Cumbernauld, but would also be delighted with Coatbridge or Airdrie. Kev
-
Hey guys, is anyone going to the morning spels refresher this week?
-
Hey guys, just a quick wee question about the Specials in K Division. Are there any of you here? What kind of duties can you find yourself being involved in as a SC in K Division? Is it common to be placed with Compol? I have only actually saw the Specials in my area at a local football game. Never saw any on foot, bike or vehicle patrol. Does there appear to be any attention to Specials in K Div or again is it primarily to increase the figures?? Is there anybody here working with the Marine Unit? Cheers! PS. Passed the SET, interview early next week
-
Has anyone else gotten a place on the basic driving course coming up? Time to remind myself how to drive again!
-
Hi all I havent been on here for a while. I have a question. Two days ago i was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. the one where i need to inject. will i have to stop being a special? thanks Louise
-
Has anyone heard any more information on future recruitment drives? My application was in the system but withdrawn when they froze everything, and I have not heard anything since. Good luck by the way to all those who were further into the process.
-
As I`ve passed my SET,I really dont need these any more,I mentioned this in another post but I`ve had no response so I thought I`d start a new thread. http://www.policepra...&products_id=10 I paid £42 for the set but I know times are hard for a lot of people so if anybody wants them,they can have them for free! There are only 2 conditions- 1. You will have to collect them (I live in Grangemouth) 2. Once you have finished with them,please don`t sell them-give them away,on here if possible! The papers are unmarked,I used scrap paper for the tests. They are almost identical in format to the Police Set. Cheers Stevie
-
I have recently found out that you are not allowed to work for a licenced premises if you join the Specials. I am gutted, as this is my main source of income in the summer months and without it I would be struggling. I have been through everything I need to do for the Specials, and start training on Sunday, but I am facing haveing to give it up because of this rule. Does anyone know why exactly you can't be a bar person while working as a Special?
-
Quick question, do all the serving specials have a log book to note there hours i know a couple who do but ive never had anything mentioned to me which is making me nervy! Dont want all my hours not being accounted for. Thanks.