Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Real World News

This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.

  1. Javioli
    Started by Javioli,

    A mate is selling a 93 Vector Sport. Is it still worth buying an obsolete car?

    • 8 replies
    • 701 views
    Vampyre1546080996
  2. jazz_fan9
    Started by jazz_fan9,

    I wonder if this is more an investigation into witch ethics than it is an authentic paper on the matter. It raises some interesting questions, notably whether parallels may be drawn to euthanasia at a later stage. Also of note is that some of the biggest supporters are Anti-abortionists, although they use it to draw equal parallels to the abortion of foetuses.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 765 views
  3. IrateShrike
    Started by IrateShrike +,

    http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/fmcg/drinks/beer-wine-and-spirits/ab-inbev-lowers-abv-of-stella-bud-and-becks/225330.article I saw this when it was first announced a month or so ago. The new watered down stuff is now on the shelves in my local shop. I've tried the Budweiser and I can certainly notice the difference Has anyone else tried the weaker stuff and what do you think?

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 2.8k views
    Administrative Account
  4. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk...eshire-17201667 people like him give good bikers a bad name.

    • 4 replies
    • 657 views
  5. Milankovitch
    Started by Milankovitch +,

    I think many will be pleased to hear this.

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. cwhite90999
    Started by cwhite90999,

    There was a piece on here not long ago about a guy who needed help with a housemate in relation to him having his mrs over. I need advice over what to do with my housemate, but this is in relation to money. I share my house with an international student, he is from Libya. I have trouble trying to get his share of the bills from him every month. It is a battle just to get his £8 share of the internet bill, which I have told him time and again is £16 every month, and every month we go through the usual "it's £8" followed by a "no no no you send me bill so I can check". At the moment the big problem is the gas/electric share. I did some rough mental maths and asked him for…

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    OK so unemployment is horrendously high, and it appears there’s a disproportionate amount of youth unemployment. The Government have announced various schemes to help tackle this, amongst which is the spectre of the YTS (Youth Training Scheme), and others, of the 80s. Facing criticism then, it’s raised its ugly head again. Now, I see no harm in proper apprenticeships (or other proper opportunities) that lead to proper jobs, but what I do object to is the cynical use of youth by employers to fill unpopular vacancies, or to treat youth as some sort of expendable resource. Recently, if headlines are to be believed, Tesco have hit the headlines by taking on youth on these s…

      • Like
    • 33 replies
    • 2k views
  8. Sailor
    Started by Sailor +,

    Source: BBC News £6,000 vs £800 per annum. It's a no brainer and it just goes to further prove that Sky are just a rip off. How can they justify charging so much more than the Greek broadcasters? We all know that the chances are the small will lose against the mighty Sky, but I do wish the landlady all the luck. I think she has a fair point to make. Sky are a monopoly when it comes to football in pubs and I don't think that's fair. I also don't see whats wrong with her using a Greek provider, which is in the Eu to supply her with a service. Should be an interesting result.

    • 2 replies
    • 803 views
    E29NP1546080952
  9. Hezzy

    As an introduction, http://www.SomethingAwful.com is a satirical comedy website that has a forum community with an infamous reputation amongst online communities (Please note that there may be some Not Safe For Work content - use the second link for SFW information about SA). They have been waging an internet war against Reddit for the past couple of months as a direct result of Reddit's blatant hosting of child pornography - last December the owners of Reddit flat out refused to remove it under the guise of promoting freedom of expression and speech. This provoked another movement against Reddit, dubbed "PEDOGEDDON". Something Awful Thread (Potentially NSFW); This h…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 5.5k views
  10. Marty McFly1546081284

    Daily Mail Wish they would do that here, (although i believe they are limited to 3 days in certain parts of glasgow city centre), i for one avoid town at all costs for shopping now and head to out of town shopping centres, unless there is something i can only get in glasgow... between the travelling, parking costs and the chuggers it's not worth it. If only they'd ban them completely!

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.9k views
  11. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    I'm no sociologist but if all the drug users or criminals suddenly disappeared would there be no crime or would ordinary law-abiding citizens fill in the gap?

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    Interesting how Article 40 (sub section 5) of the Irish Constitution halted this particular house repossession over in the Republic. 5.) The dwelling of every citizen is inviolable and shall not be forcibly entered save in accordance with law. A tad long but interesting to watch.

    • 2 replies
    • 593 views
    E29NP1546080952
  13. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://news.in.msn.c...umentid=5864342 how do people not understand how seriously fraud is taken in the UK .

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 605 views
  14. KenSharpe
    Started by KenSharpe,

    Hi ladies and gentlemen, I need your help if that is at all possible please? For some months now I have been campaigning to remove the VAT from air ambulance fuel, the reason I started this campaign is because it is my view that all the emergency charities should be treated the same, this is NOT the case as the Lifeboat (RNLI) was given a dispensation in 1977 and therefore does not pay VAT on their fuel but the air ambulance are charged by HM Treasury. On February 10th 2012 I opened an E-Petition asking the government to give any future VAT charged to the Air Ambulance charities back in the form of a grant.http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29349 Yo…

    • 3 replies
    • 728 views
  15. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-17099143 bit to late in my opinion should have been done sooner.

    • 4 replies
    • 659 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.