Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Real World News

This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.

  1. Marty McFly1546081284

    a link to the actual facebook album; https://www.facebook...=3&l=45551c466f Via: http://nymag.com/dai...ook-photos.html

    • 0 replies
    • 987 views
    Marty McFly1546081284
  2. cadiar
    Started by cadiar,

    I retired from the UK Police after thirty years in 2006, and moved to Southern Spain, where I lived in the mountains, and had a good relationship with the local Guardia Civil, they were an efficient force, struggling to stay on top of things, with poor pay, and in comparison to the UK poor equipment. However in January this year I moved to Colombia, where I married, and now live. The police here are different again, they have the reputation locally, of not being approachable, and I have yet to have the pleasure, however from following their exploits on FaceBook I now know differently, and they do a lot of work in the Communities. I have to say, that I would not have wa…

  3. Marty McFly1546081284

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.8k views
  4. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    Why does it seem increasingly common for people to justify something they say, not with any logic, but to merely state that "that is my opinion" like that by merely holding an opinion it gives it some sort of validity. I see it all over in discussions on forums and sometimes out in the street talking to people (often people who are falling on the wrong side of the law). I respect people's rights to have opinions but I will not respect an opinion that is not supported by evidence, nor will I respect something that is patently wrong, etc etc. Has our culture become so obsessed with ideas I individualism that if someone thinks something then it automatically has some legit…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1k views
    killicksparker
  5. cc1
    Started by cc1,

    I am a massive Chelsea supported and have been waiting in anticipation for tonights Champions League Final. Unfortunately I can't get to the match but have been reading lots online. Came across the following picture Its show a Munich Police officer supporting Chelsea, think this is very controversial and could lead to serious trouble if the home fans see this kind of behaviour from their police-force. The rest of the article doesn't make for great reading.

    • 1 reply
    • 5.8k views
    Old 'n' Sweaty
  6. Red-Fox
    Started by Red-Fox,

    From BBC News The war crimes trial of ex-Bosnian Serb commander Ratko Mladic has been postponed because prosecutors failed to disclose some evidence to the defence. About 7,000 pages of evidence, which should have been passed to Ratko Mladic's lawyers, were not handed over. The defence has asked for six months to process that material. A BBC correspondent says it appears to have been a clerical error, but the presiding judge is under great pressure to grant a very significant delay. It has been an embarrassing day for international justice, says the BBC's Allan Little in The Hague. Ratko Mladic is facing 11 charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity over the …

    • 0 replies
    • 401 views
  7. Antipodean
    Started by Antipodean,

    Ahhhh... There are times when I love living in Australia. This is one of those times. Don't you wish that you could send offenders from foreign countries back home after they have finished their sentences? http://www.adelaiden...3-1226269753487 And, you're welcome to him.

  8. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18021317

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 570 views
  9. Member of public 1
    Started by Member of public 1 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-17194606

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 2k views
    Member of public 1 +
  10. aerialrocket
    Started by aerialrocket,

    If this was here, that officer would of been sacked or worse. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCkp8CWboNE&feature=related

  11. Uncle Vanya
    Started by Uncle Vanya,

    Having recently watched on a British TV channel about a group of Bounty Hunters operating within Hawaii State, US. My questions are:- (a) What legal powers of arrest does a Licenced Bail Bondsman have over a Bail jumper, non-appearance at court fugitive? ( Does the Bail Bondsman have to carry some form of badge/ID in the execution of their duty? © Are they permited to carry firearms and restraints (handcuffs), or other self protection such as pepper spray or telescopic baton similar to sworn law officers? (d) Are these Bail bondsmen self-employed or employees of the law firm/bail office? (e) What is the attitude of regular police office…

    Hades1545925700
  12. Antipodean
    Started by Antipodean,

    Yet again, I am reminded of how lucky I am to live in Australia with it's tough-as-nails attitude to deporting people who are not wanted here. Just think, he's just some pikey boy-racer (who, admittedly killed someone, but, nevertheless...) and we can send him back to you. Just imagine if he were some radical cleric in the UK and you were trying to depor... Oh. Wait. http://www.adelaiden...3-1226333710733 AN English criminal who hid in Australia after fleeing a UK prison has been deported. Marcus Barney, a Romany gypsy and self-described "habitual street-racer", has been in maximum security Parklea prison since he was arrested near Macksville on the North Coast on…

  13. GordonH

    From The Sun - http://www.thesun.co...-car-stunt.html I know technically this is an overseas news story but considering who she is I thought News was appropriate.

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 3k views
  14. Milankovitch
    Started by Milankovitch +,

    I always find these sort of studies fascinating, it amazes me how far we can go back and where our ancestors originated from. I can't wait to see the results from the rest of the UK.

    • 3 replies
    • 863 views
    Administrative Account
  15. Milankovitch
    Started by Milankovitch +,

    I think this report really does highlight the fact that something needs to be done to tackle the root causes of crime like addiction and mental health issues. That might not be a popular point of view with those who think prison should solely punish offenders but surely a reduced reoffending rate is a good thing for us all.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.