Real World News
This is a place to discuss things of a serious nature that aren't connected to policing. It can be news stories or subjects of interest unrelated to policing in this country or abroad.
9555 topics in this forum
-
With all the talk about people and companies avoiding tax, how rich would I have to be to avoid paying tax?
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17735108 Who,s the bad gents then?
-
Does The Afghan President think he is some sort of comedian? He has the gaul to blame NATO for intelligence failures surrounding the recent Taliban attack on Kabul. He needs to sort his own house out first! how many of Karzai's troops are Taliban supporters!. If it was not for NATO, Afghanistan would still be in the mess the Russians left behind. He really appears to show no thanks for the effort NATO has put into Afghanistan, and the countless lives lost by NATO troops. No wonder Australia has announced they intend to withdraw their troops from Afghanistan earlier than planned. If I were Karzai, I'd be watching my own back. Because it will be one of his own that tak…
-
http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1s22vWgQI . He's declared insane, he's killed his wife and now he's allowed back on the streets after less then a year? what is wrong with our judge to let him free.
-
I was watching a fear-mongering show on BBC 3 last night called Our Crime: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01fkcj3/Our_Crime_Robbed/. If reading the DM gets your blood boiling I suggest you dont watch it! What strikes me is that even if you dont put up any resistance to a mugging you still get beaten or stabbed. So it's a damned if you do, damned if you dont scenario!
-
This is a show on ITv about criminals putting skimmers etc onto ATMs. My question is, and I'm no fraud expert, is why dont bank staff check ATMs every hour or so? That would deter the gangs easily.
-
Source: http://www.aljazeera...4722612264.html I can't help but think that it is more the symptom of parental neglect than it is of economic hardship (although that might play a part in some cases). What would've been nice instead of the focus on just the destitute children, would be for the reporting to show a wider instance of hunger to, for example, a family unit (since that is the unit that they claim is affected by the economy).
-
Vote Paddick? Some how given this I don't think so. He seems to have taken tips from SKhan in claiming we're all racist. I can't embed it properly and it's youtube so can't really quote it sorry. It's a party political broadcast for London Mayor but I think it's police related as it's solely related to crime. And how we're all useless racists.
-
The Bill star Colin Tarrant dies after suspected suicide One of The Bill's longest serving stars has died after a suspected suicide, it emerged today. Colin Tarrant, who played the no-nonsense Inspector Andrew Monroe, was found in the bathroom at his Bristol home. The 59-year-old was rushed to Bristol Royal Infirmary where doctors battled in vain to save his life. It is understood that his son Juma Woodhouse, 24, made a desperate dash to his dying father's bedside. A family statement from Mr Woodhouse, his partner Sabrina and baby son Louis did not disclose details of the circumstances surrounding Mr Tarrant's death, only confirming that he died 'suddenly'. It s…
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk...yshire-17649952 not to sure about this comment unannounced visits
-
-
There was a post along these lines some years ago but I can no longer find it. Found this website where if you wish to lose a portion of your days you should enter. http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/ It's an Urban exploration website with thousands of pictures of abandoned and unused buildings and sites. It's fascinating, haunting, interesting and just a little sad (IMHO) Enjoy! If you have any other sites you like to visit to drain away all your time then please do share them.
-
He should have contacted me first!!!! AN elite cop had been carpeted last night after buying police badges from a notorious BNP activist. The officer ordered branded Metropolitan Police ID tags from a firm belonging to Martin Roberts — who has links to Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik. Roberts, an ex-organiser of the far-right BNP, boasted on Facebook: “Another happy customer. The Met Police. Thank you.” He even posted a picture of the tags for an SO20 counter-terrorism chemical, nuclear and biological search team — complete with a logo of a Saxon warrior. Scotland Yard insisted last night that the order was not paid for out of official police funds — and the …
-
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-to-scrap-the-penny-this-year/article2386120/ Canada will soon be scrapping the penny and removing it from circulation and the lowest denomination will be 5c. I think this is a brilliant idea. I hate copper coins and the tactic business use of pricing things at £1.99 etc just to make it look cheaper than it is. Thoughts?
-
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17628600 What I find shocking is the fact that they've got the guts to say "Sky News said the action was in the public interest and amounted to "responsible journalism"." ps. I can't stand the new HTML editor on the forum. It really messes up the formatting.